CCM's New Transporter Pics

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
Zappy
Re: CCM's New Transporter Pics

Postby Zappy » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:42 pm

. 8) Perhaps a slider door in the divider wall?
I like the slider idea too Jean, and the Lo-Jac is a must.

23t

Postby 23t » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:39 am

That's an idea Mr. Jean!

Theft! Ya, that's been bothering me. More so here lately. For one, the guy that rented the house here at the shop has moved out. And two, the suspects that I think broke into the shop are out on probation. :roll: Will they come back? Who knows!

You guys are right, I need to do something to protect my property. I'll check into some alarms. I was thinking of painting some kind of ID on the trailer roof. If it was ever stolen that may help in finding it.

bandit

Postby bandit » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:29 pm

Sweet!!!!!
Nano!!

CraftyGirl

Postby CraftyGirl » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:42 pm

Don't trust anyone unless they eat nanners

Tippy and Molly want to know if Purina One is ok too? They're not big on nanners... :wink:

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:20 am

:D my house built in 1966 has 2 slider/pocket doors. 1 separates the acess to the basement stairs where my brother rents from me, the other is a pantry that hides all of my unused baking pans, bagsOflour, sugar, can goods with no labels, no name cereal boxes, and 500 lbs of old tuppeware with missing lids :lol:
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:58 pm

Daryl , my 2 cents , definately look into to a satalite/cell tracking system for the trailer and paint the license or the vin number across the top ( they are now doing this to semi trailers) as for security they are now cheaper than ever and have several styles , the best one to date is one that as soon as the trailer is plugged in the system activates and sends out a tracking signal thru the cell phone network ( they can triagulate to within 30 feet of the transmitter ) and it goes thru walls/roofs as which a normal satalite system is line of sight ( can't see the sky clearly, no signal ) and they hide the transmitter in the wall and the antenna under the edge trim of the body so theres no visable evidence of a system on board .and the best thing is there is no lag time, as the satalites have to update every hour or so . cell phones are immediate . and a simple bell will scare off the rookies . wired to door switches .for the goose if its removable then do it when its at home base . can't pull it if no reciever to hook too as for leaving it at the shop , make a closed loop system that connects to your alrm system there I have seen extension cords and household outlets used to make the connections ( they are innocent enough too so noone will know ) . other than that .. that thing is nice ..
the Groom that went Vroom At DLN IV

23t

Postby 23t » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:36 am

Thanks Stimpy. I really like this trailer. It's great, I look forword to going places now. The only thing is I not use to the turning radius. Have to keep reminding myself, Swing wide!!! :lol:

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:48 am

that and a spot mirror angled to the ground on the right side will be your best freind . turn the truck a little and look and apply it so it aims right at the tires on the trailer , if you can make a temp mount one and hook it over the tire on the hood in the front so it gives you a bigger picture ( like we do on the big trucks) , it does 2 things covers the blind spot and turning spot ( use a 6" round low convex mirror) and practice too helps . :lol:

23t

Postby 23t » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:55 am

I have past truck driving exsperience and wish my pickup had the west coast mirrors w/6" spots. I agree on the practice, I need it.

I figure there's two reasons that I can't see very good with the ones on the pickup. One is because their just too small or it's because my age and my eye site is getting bad. :roll:

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:51 pm

been there and going thru it ( first set off bifocals ) If you vcan see if they still sell the clip on californias like they used to so that way you can take them off .

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”