Solid Rock Crew

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
bandit
Solid Rock Crew

Postby bandit » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:58 pm

On behalf of the Solid Rock nostalgia alcohol funny car, I am posting this. None of the other crew guys are on this site. Something I hope to change in the future as us crew guys need a voice.
It's been a great year. Like Jimmy Buffet says, "Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic". We really had no tragic but a struggle for sure. Trying to get a handle on one of these cars is a real challenge! We started the year out at Kil-Kare. An 1/8th mile track is our strong point. NOT, Murphy was there. Not a real large crowd but they sure did love us! We had fans! One guy even offered me 20 bucks to be on our starting line crew!
Pinks was next on our venue as we raced the Damn Yankee. We were treated as royalty! It was way more fun as an exibition vehicle than the poor guys racing!
Next was a trip out east to New York State! Again a great crowd. Weird track. We ran on the straight away of an oval track. We also had to thrash to get the car on the track on time. This is something us alcohol guys ain't used to. We made it. Sweaty and dirty but we were there.
The next day we were at Quaker City. Cool track and our pit spot was to die for! Grass, room, what else could ya ask for. Broken motor mount! Geez, but we have a chassis shop right next door! Cool again. Thank you Lord! Jesus is a drag fan! The best part of this race was there were Draglisters there! We pitted right next to the baddest wheelstander! 23T and Craftygirl! Got to meet Vic and son and it's always a plus when the Zapster is there. a personal prize foe me was seeing Wheelz and his chocolate nanner! Rocky's sister and brother in-law were there and helped out a bunch!
August an Marion! A special race for us! We ran our second best ET! Got to hang out with DListers again! And Wheelz and Sharon rode down the track to get Rocky! A real treat for me as I'm usually alone in the truck!
I can never explain how much it means to me to see our friends at these races! I saw Daryl purge his nitrous, saw Heidi drink a 2 pack, PJ and Zap and the PJ midgets, (not to be confused with the shu midgets) hang out and bring smiles to Rocky's face! This is my favorite!
Martin got rained out. We had fun with the Horvath's as usual! Got to meet Greg and see Rapid at least!
An extra race was added at Milan! Got to meet Al here! Another crowd that loved what we do! A great track also! We are happy!
Thanks for readin!
Nano!!

Zappy

Re: Solid Rock Crew

Postby Zappy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:10 am

Bandit, you guys had quite a season. New paint & lettering, new tracks, 2nd best ET, and Wheelz & Sharon in the truck. It don't get much better than that. And yer right, a day at the track is always better with D'listers around. Congrats on a fine year, enjoy the "off" season.
(now if we could just get you guys to Eddyville once...) :D
Be safe, stay well, see ya next year.
Zapster

23t

Postby 23t » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:21 am

Excellent report Bandit!!!! 8) 8)

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:38 am

8) great read Bandit
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

SLICK VIC

Postby SLICK VIC » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:30 pm

Great Job Bandit,...
Crew guys are bashful when it comes to the Net, lol,.been there down that. It was awesome to have finaly met you and Rock at this
years Mid Summer Explosion at QauckerCity , My kid Riley talked for days after that race about the frisbee and cheet O puff fights, Thanks for the
good times for my kid to have and share.

8)

Vic
http://www.vicmillerracing.com/
SMOLDERY SMOKEY BURNOUTS TO YOU ALL

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:47 pm

Great read Bandit. Sounds like a pretty cool season to me. 8)
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:49 pm

Great report of a gritty low buck team living the dream! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

CraftyGirl

Postby CraftyGirl » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:07 am

Yes, it was a great summer, sorry to see it end. Glad it was a great year for Rocky's gang and it was fun hanging out with you guys too, thanks for not drinking any of my 2 pack. 8)
Can't wait for next year and to see all the great Draglisters again. We're fortunate enough to live close to Wheelz and his Mrs. and also Zappy's gang so hopefully we'll be seeing them all again before next season.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:26 pm

[quote="CraftyGirl We're fortunate enough to live close to Wheelz and his Mrs. and also Zappy's gang so hopefully we'll be seeing them all again before next season.[/color][/quote]

Crafty, thats the best idea, I love it. 8) Who says we have to wait till next spring...NOT
I say we pick a Sat. sometime this winter, and the six of us meet halfway for lunch & laughs.
It would be a great way to brake up the winter.

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”