Sin City Vette AA/FC

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
draglist
Site Admin
Re: Sin City Vette AA/FC

Postby draglist » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:01 pm

Congrats on getting her down the track. Awesome! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:54 am

Congrats to everyone involved. The car looks great too. 8)
I think I've seen a similar colored vette in my garage. :mrgreen:
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:48 am

WE MADE IT!!

As Jerry said I got to take a ride on Sat night. There is way too much to try to remember it all. But let me say, Jerry is exceptional in his role as a "Nitrohelper." We wouldn't be at this stage in the game without his assistance. He is such a valuable help to our team. I have no idea how he does it all, keeping track of all the cars at the races and making it look so easy. 8)

We took the car to Doc Halladay's shop on Friday where we working on getting it ready to fire up and some further body mods. Saturday we worked on the car until around 11AM then went out to the track. It rained most of the morning and looked like more rain on the way to the track. However when we got out by the track, the sun came out and life was good.

We did try to make a run after Doc and Brian at the 7pm session. Jerry fired the car, moved back to wait for the burnout and then we were unable to get the body to latch down. That was a bit of a let down for us and the crowd. It had worked back in the pits, and when we got back in the pits it worked again. However we weren't having any more of that, so we worked and modified the latch so it couldn't bite us again.

Now we were ready for the 2nd session. Doc and Brian made a couple of nice passes with Doc running 187 and a low 4-second to set the new track records for speed and ET. Jerry fired me up and we were off. The burnout was nice straight, and the big bonus was the car backs up straight and true. It was so nice to have the car feel so solid under me. At the step it spun the tires, and kept on spinning them down the track. Around 100-ft Jerry saw a touch of smoke of the tire and right after that I stuck it in high gear and enjoyed the ride. Since it was spinning, I knew the run wasn't a stellar one and I stepped off it just before the finish line and reached for the chutes. It turns out it was a good thing I started early for the chutes, as I was unable to hit them for about 3-4 tries. The levers were too close to the roll bar and my arm wouldn't bend around enough to hit them. Right as I was ready to give up on that, I managed to hit the levers and grab a handful of brake. I was lucky and made the last turnout.

The engine is safe and sound, and seemed disappointed we were putting the car away for the night. It is a tribute to Jerry's and my friendship and many phone calls over the last few years that the car worked like it did.

I have no way of Thanking my friends who have helped make Norm and my dream of running a Nitro car come to life. The list is just too long.

Rapid
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:37 pm

That is so great, Randy. Congratulations to all. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:19 pm

Thanks for the report Rapid. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

23t

Postby 23t » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:25 am

Super 8) 8) 8) !!!!! But I have to ask, are you able to use the team cart as a crew/tow vehicle? Just want to know if it's working out for you and doing it's job.

mrnorm

Postby mrnorm » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:21 am

We haven't had the chance to use it yet because the cart is with Greg Green in KC and this Minnesota trip was necessary because we didn't get to run it at Cordova. It will be used in KC at the DRO race. :)

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:27 am

Sounds like another step forward to me. Thanks for your report and best of luck to you guys going forward. 8)
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:08 pm

Super 8) 8) 8) !!!!! But I have to ask, are you able to use the team cart as a crew/tow vehicle? Just want to know if it's working out for you and doing it's job.

Still untested at this point. :shock: I am sure it will, but we didn't get to go to the line at Cordova; so we didn't need it. Greg has it and the trailer in KC. He will be bringing it to the races for us. He was gone with the little Ride Stealer to Scout Camp. So it wasn't at Grove Creek.

We will know the next time out, as that is at KCIR in Kansas City in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for all the kind words everybody. It really means alot to us to have everyone here behind our team.

Rapid
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”