The Hampshire's Bracket Car

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
Buffjhsn

Postby Buffjhsn » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:59 am

thanks guys, i guess the car is world famous now, as he posted pictures of it on his web site. a lot of them are the same as what i have posted, but there are some that are different.

he said it will be done, not this weekend, but next for sure. he's working on the inner fenders now and he said it will take about 4 days for the sillycone to set up.

here's a link to the gallery if anyone's interested:
http://www.carlsaluminumworks.com/graphics/malibu2/

dad called the local chassis shop to check about mounting the nova body yesterday. we originally called them to do the tin in my car, but got tired of waiting on them so we found this other guy. anyways they are just gonna keep that appointment and mount the body . they said they would be ready for it in 2 weeks. the guy said it's about 4 days worth of labor, so if we get that done, we will really be looking like something!

i think I'm more excited about dad's new car than mine, of course that will all change the first time down the track 8)
The Price Of Progress Is Trouble!

Buffjhsn

Postby Buffjhsn » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:59 pm

well my car is home now so i figured i would posted some finished pics of the tin. took the nova up to the chassis shop to get the body mounted on it and the chassis updated and certed today as well. no pics of that yet, but we are looking forward to getting to work on both these cars and getting them to the track this year. here's the tin in the malibu for those intrested:

enjoy!

greenracing

Postby greenracing » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:10 pm

wow - very nice 8)

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:43 pm

Looking great. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:06 pm

looks very nice!! :D
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:21 pm

Congrats, nice looking work for sure! 8)
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Buffjhsn

Postby Buffjhsn » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:11 pm

thanks all, it means a lot to me to hear that everyone else likes the work as much as i do. 8) i hope we can get it to the track here shortly, so that i can share in the joy of lighting the tires up and share all my war stories with you!

we will have a busy summer ahead of us for sure, but we are hoping to get my car and dad's new one done. then we will have a pair of cars that can go wherever we want and race, nhra or ihra!

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”