Waaay Northeast Drag Racing

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
Maritime Drag Racing

Postby Maritime Drag Racing » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:14 am

Morning all - Hope most of you are having a good day. Since I'm in such a foul mood I'll just launch into my latest "rant". The local Airport Authority board cancelled tonight's test and tune session and made us tear down and pack away all the equipment due to some kind of policy directive from NavCan(Canada's version of FAA).
What we are racing on is a secondary(read unused) runway where we were told it was OK to leave everything set up until the end of the season which is only ten days away. Now we're told we'll have to set up on that Friday, race Sat and Sun and have everything torn down and put away before dark on Sunday.
This is only the latest chapter in a series of abuse our volunteer run Dragstrip has taken at the hands of these bureaucrats. Not only did they delay the start of our season and cancel a lot of those Wed night T&T sessions - now they're saying they didn't make enough money from us.
The most annoying part is watching the Airport employees get paid double time on Sat and Sun for sitting in an air conditioned truck watching the drags while pretending to act as security all the time our UNPAID workers are on their feet for 12 hours straight. GRRRRRRR

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:42 am

Well that sucks. I have read how hard you have worked all season long for the racers. I feel bad at the way your effort is being rewarded. :evil:
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:43 pm

That just isn't right. :twisted:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:01 pm

:evil: :evil:
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

Maritime Drag Racing

Postby Maritime Drag Racing » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:47 pm

Finished up the season at Cape Breton Dragway on Sunday. We had great weather and unreal air. Acording to a couple of racers with weather stations the corrected altitude was less than 50 feet!! Since we were so busy I wasn't able to get any action photos - just these few as they came through Tech. Enjoy!

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:50 pm

Thanks for the pics. Maritime 8)
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:22 pm

Cool deal!! 50 foot of corrected air!!!! Holy Crap!!! We would be way into the 5's!!! 8)
NITRO PILOT

Maritime Drag Racing

Postby Maritime Drag Racing » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:02 am

Finally decided to get the Hornet project underway - here's what we did yesterday:
Thanks to Gus Hayes of Nova Towing we pulled it out of the backyard after a two year rest in the dirt with very little done other than some front suspension work.
And then after a 40km drive we deposited it in Dad's garage. It's been a loooong time since any form of hot rod was constructed in that garage. Over the early years there were such diverse projects as an early 410 ci Lincoln in a 1964 Anglia, 1956 Nomad drag car, a high HP small block 1981 Monte Carlo that was Pro Touring long before it was cool(1982), a FE 427 powered Jeep CJ and all sorts of one-off farm and sawmill equipment.
Now that there's a place to work it might actually get turned into a race car. At least we now have heat, lights, welder and a flat and level concrete floor. Lots of room too - the old garage might only be 24 feet wide but it's 46 long. We'll try to document the transformation over the winter - hopefully we can convince a few serious sponsors to come on board and we can make it REALLY FAST.

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:12 am

Sounds like another project is underway at Draglist!! 8)
NITRO PILOT

Maritime Drag Racing

Postby Maritime Drag Racing » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:45 pm

Today's task was to strip the interior for installation of the rollbar. Took no time to get the trunk and the back seat area down to bare floor. Surprise!! Under the carpet, speakers and factory plywood hatchback floor there was just original silver paint everywhere. Zero rust - not even a pinhole in the paint.
ImageImage
Got it up high enough on jackstands for a good look - from what I can see the underside is the same silver paint with some factory undercoating. The only visible rust was the exhaust(left below) and a couple of fuel lines(right below) and clamps none of which will be used again.
ImageImage
Looks like this project dodged the "rust demons" in all the critical areas. The driver's door and hinge post I already repaired and the lower edge of the hatchback needs some work but nothing major.

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”