"Z" progress.

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:40 pm

Well isn't that just to coolest thing to come out of the center of the universe!!

Congratulations,,it isn't easy building a whole car. It takes a lot of work and a lot of WANT TO, to make it all the way. Nice Work,

Rapid
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:56 am

,it isn't easy building a whole car. It takes a lot of work and a lot of WANT TO, to make it all the way.

Rapid[/quote]

Aint THAT^^^ the truth!!!!! :roll: :( :wink:

Lookin' Good, Pro70 8)
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:23 pm

Thanks Randy, Billy. :D Ran into 1 liiiiiitle' problem tho. I swapped the timkin bearings that were on the axles for sealed rollers (that are recomended). Problem is the sealed bearings are narrower than the bearing/seperate seal set-up that was on there. Don't know why they had those on there as the seals would be ruined every time the axles were pulled and the bearing would have to be pressed off & back on to replace the seal :oops: :oops: . Well, I digress, I'm gonna have to turn a couple spacer rings to slip in the bell ends to hold the new narrower bearings where they need to stay. Not a big problem @ all just another one of those time burners.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:29 pm

Another bolt in Modification,,, :lol: :lol:
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:00 pm

It is looking great,Pro.There is no other way to say it.Nice rearend :lol:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:03 pm

Thanx T. It's O.K. ........I understand. :D

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:12 pm

Good luck at tech, ProZ. The work you have done on that chassis is amazing and I can't see it getting kicked back...heck, you know what you did...could they find something that don't match up with their specs? Anyway, seeing projects like this makes me want to get one going, but right now I couldn't do one unless I just bought one and maintained it or something...that's why I look up to you guys for the work you've managed to get done on your hot rods, heck, y'all have full schedules...I think it gets in your blood and there ain't no getting rid of it...like music did to me...Your build is going one very careful step at a time and the results are great. One it passes tech, then what? Body/tin work? I'll be watching. Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:12 pm

Thanks WC. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Last night I cut the bearing spacers out on the CNC. Cut 'em oversize and now I'm ready to turn them to size on the lathe.

Little snag in the schedule though. I've got a full plate this week and today I got an additional job of lettering a semi trailer/job site storage container (one of several) for one of my customers. So, I think I'm gonna' have to button up the "Z" and trailer it to tech ''as is''. I do still want to get the front wheel studs swapped out for the long ones. I'm only going for chassis tech (not safety tech) but 2 lugs per wheel looks a lil' dorky :oops: :oops: :oops:

I've got work piling up more every day now. I think the "Z" will be getting bumped down the priority list once tech weekend is over.

When I can tho, .....I plan to get the rear bearing thing finished. Then problee' install the seats so I can locate the steering, pedals, harness tabs etc. And..... at some point I suppose it should have a body. :D :D :D :D

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:38 pm

entirely too many toys to play with.. :x ..(don't mind me.....I'm just jealous :roll: ....)
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:44 pm

as for "accessories" placement??

just before you call it a day....chunk a seat over in there and climb in...( a scrap piece of signboard or some alumynum works great for a "floorboard" under your feet :wink: )..........go through the 'mental' motions of what needs to be done in the car, during a pass......
shifter location/angle/height
pedal positions
switch panel location
parachute handle placement
etc
etc
can all be determined in this fashion....(specially if you have some spring clamp handy to "mock" things in place :wink: :wink: )
and while it IS expected for you to make a few "woodin-woodin" noises...until you get your lexan in (I HIGHLY recommend MR-10) you don't have to worry about gettin' yer windshield wet :P :P
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”