Slick Vic/ Veneys Vega/ "Stained Class" A/Fuel Injected Nitro

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
Zappy
Re: Vics Vega/ Slick Racing

Postby Zappy » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:23 pm

Well I, for one, hate to see the "VV" go. :( I just LOVE the way that car launched. She stood straight out everytime 8) 8)
Like she was posing for the camera. But alas, like a race horse being put out to stud, VV will now be a cackle car. (where's that darn kleenex).
Kind of ironic that she wind up in OHIO...maybe that means somethin, completing the circle.
Vic and Riley, I wish you all the best on yer new ride. Please keep us posted along the way. :wink:

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:28 pm

Not a bad lokking altered except for the pants it's wearing front and back :mrgreen:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:09 pm

my stars'.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:11 pm

Oh yeah, she's a looker alright. But I bet it don't leave like the Vega.... :P :P

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:00 pm

Vic...

Have you considered checking with the concrete folks to see if they would be interested in doing a partial trade-out on the cost(s) involved with a slab...in exchange for some ad space on the sides (or sail panels) of a Nostalgia Funny Car?? Might be worth checking into...

As you well know, I HATE that Ken's former toy is now also your Former toy...but I truely understand your desire for "bigger and better things"...Good Luck in your quest.
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

SLICK VIC

Postby SLICK VIC » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:01 pm

Hi Billy,..and Howdy to all....
Yes I have lookied into many different approaches to being able to get my shop concreate,.I had thought there was enough for the concreate
and also buy another roller. Well apparently I do not have enough for both, nor enough to do the shop as a whole, so I decided to bag the whole
big shop deal and focus on what is more obtainable and in my grasps. I am going with buying another funny car. One way or another it is what I have always
longed for and have relized that over the years with the different cars I have had the stakes have always gotten higher, there is only one direction for me
to continue and hopefully within the next three weeks I will have in my possession Vics future as a Vintage fiunny car owner, driver, promoter, preserver,
entertainer, and dream fullfiller.

I will keep yall posted as it happens. the last month has been none stop on the go with racing and other daycare type happenings,..I need a break,...lol

talk atcha soon.

Vic
http://www.vicmillerracing.com/
SMOLDERY SMOKEY BURNOUTS TO YOU ALL

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:37 pm

Yes! A Funny Car! That is correct! Stay the course and you will live your dream! Great news, Vic! WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:07 pm

vic as long as you can get the shell of the building up that will help alot so you can work in the rain and snow , for a temp floor use plywood 4 sheets of 4x8 underlayment will get you thru for a while . we put dirt swalls up around the base of the building to keep out some of the critters and redirectwind and the rain and snow when it fell so it didn't turn it into a swamp . . or you can do it the way we did one of our old farm buildings . buy a portable mixer and pour a 8x8 slab once a week or when ever you have time . . till its finished just make sure you run the remesh out past the slab being poured so you have a hook in for the next slab . pouring slabs isn't hard you can read on how to do it and buy and do a test pour and finsh it with one bag of pre mix . bag mix with the rock and sand seperate is alot cheaper and when your done you sell the mixer .
the Groom that went Vroom At DLN IV

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:36 pm

I "kinda" suggested the same sorta deal (over the phone)...but it seems that Vic has the added burden of putting up with "Code Nazis" when it comes to foundations and footers and all that kinda stuff. Sounds to me like he's got a good game plan in mind....I just hope all works out in his favor...and that that sunny-beach "Murphy" will let him continue on in his quest.

Go Get Em, Vic!
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

SLICK VIC

Postby SLICK VIC » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:09 am

Well Hello to all from the Northwest,.............

These last 2 months have been a hair pulling, gut wrenching, nerve racking times of testing the waters with where, what and how I will do what I thought
I long to be doing. Selling one car to anticipate getting another has turned into a no fun situation. And then there is of course the thoughts of just bagging
getting a car all together in hopes that I could use my capitol to start up a towing operaton of two trucks for my area , it has been needed for quite sometime
in my area. There are two outfits currently both approximatly 40 miles to the east and 29 miles to the west, eitherway the lawenforcement have a nightmare time trying to get them out to an accident or impound without having to wait a good hour or so..So I thought ok I have atleast 4 years towing under my belt, two years of running my own Automotive shop and in business for myself, so to keep it simple I would mearly need a 30x40 fenced in area for purpose of police impounds or totaled cars. Now I live out of town 3 miles but it is still zoned Suburban Residential, so in following up on if I could pull this off I would need a conditional use permit for the holding yard within a section of our 1 acrea property. Now mind you we live more in a Rural area so we dont have 10-15 houses boardering our property let alone 5 homes, but needless to say I have asked and questioned the niebors and they dont mind one bit. So I submitted my plan of intent and purpose to the local Planning department and I will get my answer today sometime if its permissable or not to use my property. I have also looked around for a rental yard with and with out a office and fencing to weigh my options. I have decided that renting or leasing an area for my needs from someone else will not justify my efforts and cost effectivness to make ends meet and survive,..so with that If I cant get the Conditional use permit I will return back to my original plan of getting another funny car. Its a bit confusing I know, but being at home helping with the Daycare is my job and adding the towing would be just that more to add to the plate, yes it would bring in income but it also has its set backs,..but anyways blah blah blah long stroy short I will find out today what direction I am going with,...Towing or a funny car.

Now on a not so confusing point and very positive note.
Zappy,.Gary, Boyd, Bill,.Rapid Randy,....All of your Veneys Vega T-shirts went out 15 days ago,..Can you confirm their arrival for me please.

Thanks
vic
http://www.vicmillerracing.com/
SMOLDERY SMOKEY BURNOUTS TO YOU ALL

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”