Clyde, Patch, Iron Pegasus

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:39 am

8) great news!!!!
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:01 pm

That is great to hear, Billy! A 5.85 (nearer to .84) at 116 (close to 117) are some MIGHTY nice numbers! That car has amazing potential! It's still a new car...once it's "broken in" and tweaked, I expect those numbers will "diminish" and "expand" significantly...it went straight? No more NASCAR pretentions from it?...It wants to drag race for ya? GREAT job, man! Life is good! WC1 :D
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:12 pm

Fantastic news Billy Mac!!!! Glad you are feeling better and congratulations on the new personal bests and having a good hot rod again!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:25 pm

Straight as a string, Cat 8) ....Felt GREAT, too!

Thanks, Rapid :wink:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

flyinhillbilly

Postby flyinhillbilly » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:03 pm

so why not yank the front end and load it then put the front end back on, reverse procedure at the track? or am i thinking wrog that this car has a fiberglass front end?
the police never think it's as funny as i do

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:09 pm

YUP.....it's fibber-glass ....but the frame rails are awfully low as well.....I ain't thrown in the towel, "yet"!! :wink:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:45 pm

8) 8) 8) 8) Cool Deal Billy 8) 8) 8) 8)

I was about to say "all ready for next year", but you live in that year-a-round country. :wink:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:30 pm

Cool Billy!!!!!! Glad to hear this!! :D
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

greenracing

Postby greenracing » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:04 am

Good deal Billy 8) 8)

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:36 pm

yeah,,,the Bod is feeling ok, perhaps a little lethargic, however. Don't want to
sound like a whiner, but I am getting my backside handed to me by a case of
depression that I just can't seem to shake.....and I flat refuse to take any meds for it. Oh well, it is what it is.
The other day, I went out to Patch to check on some things: when I hung the drivers' door on the wall, "somehow" the lock got triggered and I couldn't get the door back off the wall.....so....I had to let the ramp door down, roll Peggy out enough to get to the door (without scuffin' any shiny) and basically take the door and the wall mounted bracket apart. I think Patch is getting an attitude....

Anyway, I get the door situated, load Peggy back inside and attempt to raise the ramp door.....grrrrr.....my ramp door winch took a dump on me. NO problem, says I, Tim has another winch just like it....I'll swap em' out. After a few rounds of wrasslin' with that little project, I started winding in/up the ramp door. I always stop the winch between 6 inches and a foot of being completely closed, then I ease the door closed from there.(so it will be a little easier to open it when I get ready). The latch mechanism goes straight up into the center of the top plate of the trailer....."normally" a very effiecient design. When I went to latch the door, the handle broke off in my hand, AFTER the latch had latched. Great! Now I can't open the ramp door until I can fix THAT issue...........I have considered tossing a stick of dynee-mite in the side door, but Peggy cocked her headlights towards me with a look of..."That's prolly not a good idy, there, Billy Boy".....

So....Peggy runs, is the Good News. Patch has "issues" is the flip side of the coin and Clyde, well...Clyde is filling up with cobwebs as I type this. He just sits there in the yard, collecting dust and more cobwebs until I can get off'n my lazy arse and get him roamin' the roads again.....Stay tuned...."maybe" I'll have something entertainiing to report. :cry:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”