DRAGLIST NATIONALS 2016

The Draglist Super Crew shares friendship and racing every year in a different town and at a different race track! Here are stories and plans for Draglist Nats past, present, and future!
Novel-T
Re: DRAGLIST NATIONALS 2016

Postby Novel-T » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:22 pm

Gary : I missed one Eddyville and the second Cordova.
Jack, the Big reason is the exchange rate, CDN is .72 cent to USD today. we're shopping for Travel insurance. We're both have physical this week,so we can answer the medical questions with up to date answers. There are several Vendors that are way less than the one we had. We'll do day trips with the truck club,but no over nights until we have a Travel Package.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:33 pm

Happy Birthday, Gary! And sorry again, Boyd. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:47 pm

Boyd, Linda & I are VERY sorry to hear this. (I'm still hoping something will change for the good) But of course we do understand.
If you two don't make it this year, you WILL be missed.

LL & I missed the first Eddyville, I don't think I was a member yet ???
Also the second Cordova - (Chris graduation)

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:24 pm

Very sorry you and Susan won't be there Boyd. Hopefully there will be an 11th hour change & you'll be able to go. :idea:

3 months 28 days.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:14 pm

Very sorry you and Susan won't be there Boyd. Hopefully there will be an 11th hour change & you'll be able to go. :idea:

3 months 28 days.
LL & I are hoping for the same.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:20 pm

ATTENTIOIN-ATTENTION in the pit area, This is your FINAL class call !!!

Just a reminder folks, because of this (NATIONAL HOT ROD REUNION) being such a large event, the hotels will NOT hold our block of rooms past the 25th of THIS month. At last count there are only 2, possibly 3 at the most, rooms left. I know we have some procrastinators and I don't want anyone left out.
Half the fun is being at the same hotel for breakfast & evening chats in the lobby. Here's yer info if needed:

SLEEP INN / 270-842-3800 Be sure to mention you are with the "DRAGLIST" group for the $71.99 room rate.
(For your GPS ) 185 Greenwood Ln. Bowling Green KY. 42104
********************************************************************************* ********************************************************************************************************
When it gets a little closer we will see who wants to do what tours. I want to get us in the same tour group together like Pro Z did for the Mint tour. And to insure this they warned me to book ahead of time as it's Fathers Day weekend and they expect to be VERY busy. So far the best seem to be:

Tour of the CORVETTE assembly plant. Less than 10 mins from hotel. (no, they don't give free samples )
The Corvette Museum (also less than 10 mins from hotel.)

We did NOT do this, but, it looked real good. Under ground cave boat tour. Just a short walk down a paved path, then you board a pontoon style boat, sit down and they take you thru the cave.

These are just suggestions, NOT carved in stone. if you want Linda will get us booked on any, or all, of these. If no interest that's ok too.
(PS) I can get us in the CORVETTE Plant tour FREE

Oh, almost forgot, Friday evening at the host hotel,5 mins away, is the HALL OF FAME INDUCTION ceremony. (also FREE) all are welcome, but the gals may want to go shopping, as it's a lot of Drag racing history. (BP & Danny will LOVE it ) Unfortunately, Dave McClelland is no longer MC'ing this event. Also immediately after the event, they ALWAYS CACKLE a NITRO car ( or two ) in the hotel parking lot.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:41 pm

I'm pretty sure we made reservations way back when, but based on past years I may call & confirm we're still a go. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

It may be that Jeff won't be able to make it this year. His fiscal year vacation wise resets in August. We're planning a trip to Iowa just a few weeks before Draglist in July to go see Cheryl's folks & I think for Jeff it's an either / or deal, not enough days left for both. Cheryl's folk are getting up there, hovering around 90. Jeff hasn't had the opportunity to get out there for a few years now, so he made the right choice. Cheryl will make it this year though.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:13 pm

We'll miss Jeff but, if it's a either or thing, then yes he made the right Choice. Grama's & Gramps are important. BTW Pro Z the DLN 11 is
in JUNE, not July. Just wanted to make sure there is no confusion. Seems to me you DID tell me you booked early, but double check to make sure and if you DID book already, you probly booked TWO rooms, so you'll want to cancel the one for Jeff. (unless Cheryl is mad at you ) lol lol.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:01 pm

Thanks for the reminder. I called and verified that I have a room from the 15th through the 19th. Bill
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:23 pm

Called just now. Reservations for 15-19th. Thanks again LL and Zappy you guys are the best. :D

Return to “Draglist Nationals”