The Trip...... Part 1

The Draglist Super Crew shares friendship and racing every year in a different town and at a different race track! Here are stories and plans for Draglist Nats past, present, and future!
Mike-Casella
The Trip...... Part 1

Postby Mike-Casella » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:46 pm

I won't bore you will details of fuel prices, and mileage figures from our recent trip to Eddyville, Iowa for the 2nd Annual Draglist.com Nationals. The short version is, the price of Diesel fuel on the trip was less than what we paid for gasoline last year. We averaged 7mpg with the new motorhome, towing roughly the same weight we did last year. The total mileage traveled one way, 1559 miles.

Our first stop was at Gary and Cheryl Spear's home in Coal City, Illinois. Simply awesome! I can't say enough about their hospitality. While we were there, Gary took time out of his day to apply some finishing touches on the yellow caah. It now has a new faux vent window, along with the molding that went around the door window.

Our next stop was in Waukee, Iowa, to the Baker residence. As a side note, I was bringing a fiberglass hood and trunk lid as far west as I could, to save shipping costs to the person that bought them. With the help of Randy's cousin Kelly, we were able to get the parts shipped and on their way. I'll tell you about that in another post.

The GPS unit, we aptly named "Jeeves" did an outstanding job. The trip was flawless all the way till we left Rapid Randy's house and headed to the track on Friday. I missed a turn-off, and it took us a total of 30 miles to correct that first mistake. The second booboo was yet another mistake, kind of, by me. Jeeves told me to take a left, so I did, only to be greeted by a big sign saying "Dead End". Had I looked another 500ft further down the road we turned off of, I would have seen the big white sign with the route number we were looking for, instead I turned around and headed back the way we just came from. Yep, another 30 mile+ booboo.

After a call to our tour guide, Rapid Randy, he got me headed in the right direction. Did I mention all the corn? because of the two booboo's we were unable to make it to the dinner party, but we did make it to the track minutes before the rest of the group, with the exception of Norb.

Stay tuned for part two..................................

Mike & Margie Casella (and Vicky too)

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:58 pm

Lippy is going to buy Jeeves a map and compass!! :lol: :lol:
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Return to “Draglist Nationals”