DragList Nationals Travel Plans

The Draglist Super Crew shares friendship and racing every year in a different town and at a different race track! Here are stories and plans for Draglist Nats past, present, and future!
Iowa Al
Friday

Postby Iowa Al » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:21 pm

BP, or someone please call me on my cell and tell me where and when we are dining Friday evening. We need at least an hour to get from home to Osky.
Sandy is coming then, but something came up and she won't be able to make it to the track Saturday.
IA Al
Cell 515 250 7239
Home 515 989 3669

Thanks much!!!

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:04 pm

Al, one of us will call you. I know we have discussed Bonanza, Taos steak house, and I think that little cafe place on the corner. Not sure anyone has made a decision yet. :D
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Iowa Al

Dinner

Postby Iowa Al » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:49 pm

Thanks Randy.
IA Al

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:32 pm

9:30pm got Jeff's caah loaded & some of the stuff loaded in the truck. Got a guy coming to pick up a stock caah hood I lettered today. Nuther' 1/2 hour & we should be ready to go.

Hook up to the trailer in the mornin' & :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:26 am

9:30pm got Jeff's caah loaded & some of the stuff loaded in the truck. Got a guy coming to pick up a stock caah hood I lettered today. Nuther' 1/2 hour & we should be ready to go.

Hook up to the trailer in the mornin' & :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Cool,,see everyone tomorrow
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:56 am

Well dad-nabbit..... :evil: ... Here I was "trying" to be sneeky (like Barb at the DLN-1 8) ) and was going to just show up....had Peggy all nice and secured in her rolling barn/stall, and me and my son Jordan left out from my buddy Tim's place at about noon on Wednesday. I pulled into a gas station to top off the go-juice so that I could be sure to make it to Chatanooga, TN to meet up with a friend of mine who was going to come up with us.

After paying for the gas and walking back towards the truck and trailer, I noticed a puddle under the rear end of the truck....I crawled under the truck and could see the leaking pinion. Awwww...Dayammmm :cry:
I moved away from the pumps, kinda out of the way of other traffic, grabbed a couple of tools and checked the fluid level of the rear end...I could not touch any fluid. (then again, as hot as the chunk was, I could'nt have felt any fluid anywho :roll: ) Its a good thing that Summit Racing Equipment chose that particular exit to build their southern retail store.

I risked life and limb crossing four lanes of traffic, on foot, and went over there and got a couple of quarts of Mr Lucas's finest gear oil and hot footed it back across the street to the truck and trailer. After pouring "almost" one quart in the fill hole, oil started pouring out and I deemed that task completed...buttoned things back up and then noticed another leak that wasn't rear end related....I had also developed a brake line leak :shock: ....So....

Long story...blah blah blah...this that and the other...I decided to turn around and limp back home and not risk being stranded along side the road with a burnt up rear end. I did get the brake line fixed, with the help of an Advanced Auto Parts employee named Rick...(Wow, Man...THANKS for the helping hand!! 8) )

As much as I HATE not being able to see yoose guys, I REALLY, REALLY HATE the fact that I am also going to miss seeing my older brother, Marty, who was going to surprise "ME"!...He's in Knoxville, IA, as I type this...(Sorry I had to bail on ya Bro :cry: :cry: )....What makes this even more so of a bummer?, the fact that we have not seen one another since my Dad's funeral 29 years ago and he, Marty that is, drove all the way out from the Bay Area of California! :shock: ...Smarty pants was pulling a "Barb" on ME, who was trying to pull a "Barb" on Yall.....Sheesh...I can't catch a break :roll:

Yoose Guys and Gals have fun for me....and Pro Z....PLEASE, forge my name on the Painter Tom Banner....Thanks
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Eric David Bru

Postby Eric David Bru » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:40 am

Billy Mac, it sounds like if not for bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all...

:x

EDB
Outlaw Eric :cool:

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:11 am

jeeez sorry Billy
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:48 am

Sorry to hear this, Billy. I was looking forward to seeing you and Peg.

Jason and I are hitting the road at 11 in Portage, Indiana, and should be there by about 3...

My opinion on dinner is, we should see if Tasos can support group of about 20. The food and service were awesome. Al, or someone, can you call there and see if they could accommodate that size of a group?

We can use the Ponderosa as a fall back?

How does that sit with everyone? Mixing it up a bit... bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

RH

Postby RH » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:14 pm

Well dad-nabbit..... :evil: ... .

...much as I HATE not being able to see yoose guys, I REALLY, REALLY HATE the fact that I am also going to miss seeing my older brother, Marty, who was going to surprise "ME"!...He's in Knoxville, IA, as I type this...(Sorry I had to bail on ya Bro :cry: :cry: )....What makes this even more so of a bummer?, the fact that we have not seen one another since my Dad's funeral 29 years ago and he, Marty that is, drove all the way out from the Bay Area of California! :shock: ...Smarty pants was pulling a "Barb" on ME, who was trying to pull a "Barb" on Yall.....Sheesh...I can't catch a break :roll:

Yoose Guys and Gals have fun for me....and Pro Z....PLEASE, forge my name on the Painter Tom Banner....Thanks
Billy, I feel bad for you and Bro'.That would have been a special time for sure.Make it happen with him some other place and time but MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Glad you got everything home with no further problems.

Ron
"I get pushed outa' shape and it's hard to steer, when I get rubber in all four gears"

Return to “Draglist Nationals”