DragList IV report

The Draglist Super Crew shares friendship and racing every year in a different town and at a different race track! Here are stories and plans for Draglist Nats past, present, and future!
Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:47 am

We just got home,plane out of Denver was late.It's 12:47am we're beat good night

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:39 pm

Glad you made it safely, Novel T. It was GREAT meeting Susan... is she hooked? bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:58 pm

Sorry about the rear end Gary and Jeff. Sounds like you already "Split it" Gary! :shock:
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:24 pm

great report and vid Pro.. sorry about the rear but it sounds like you guys have a great plan.... best it happened when and where it did (with lots of friends to help, on the starting line instead of down track at speed, having a trailer to get it home etc.) was that a laugh i heard outa Jeff at the end of the video? :D bet that didn't last long.... what were the reaction times?
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:29 pm

Sorry about the rear end Gary and Jeff. Sounds like you already "Split it" Gary! :shock:
Just got off the phone with Danny. We should have a new unit by the weekend. 8) 8)
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:04 pm

Glad you made it safely, Novel T. It was GREAT meeting Susan... is she hooked? bp
OH Yes,Susan right now is looking at Pella info,planning next year.It sounds like we might be there for a week next time.

Iowa Al

Next Year

Postby Iowa Al » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:10 pm

Novel T,
The longer you stay, the more fun we can have!
Drop me an e mail Boyd at alanhomer@aol.com
IA Al

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 pm

Jeff & I were talking as we converted the caah hauler back to a Geves hauler. Jeff tells me he ran a 1.92 - 60' on that first lap. That would be his first ever dip into the 1's. 8) 8)

And on a side note we set a new caah hauler record getting everything back together in under an hour. :arrow: :arrow: HEHEHE

15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:34 pm

Hello everyone. This is my first post on any forum so bear with me if I do something wrong - I'm a bit of a techno-peasant! This is Susan (Boyds wife).
I just want to thank everyone that I met this past weekend for being so warm and welcoming to me. It's funny but I never thought about it until I got home but I never had any anxiety over meeting any of you - which is very unusual because believe it or not I am very shy. Quit laughing Zappy!! Now that I've met you I'm a little more anxious - ROTFLOL!!! I see why Boyd enjoys his trips so much all the kibbitzing, bench racing, laughing, eating, laughing, eating and oh yes the racing is great too - oh and then there is the luxurious motel - what more can I say - it seems we had one of the better units - our a/c worked and didn't drip on us and our door locked. Too bad they let the place get so run down you can see it was nice in the not too distant past. Oh well, none of us died from it and it beats camping.....well it was kind of like camping with the bugs and dirt and all..... it gave us something to talk about as I'm sure we would run out of things to say - as if LOL!!! It was so nice meeting up with Danny and Gena on Thursday and having dinner together (I miss your accents already) and later meeting with Paul and Linda at the Oskaloosa city square for an evening of music. Thank you to Paul and Linda for driving us all around in the Zappyvan on Friday and indulging me by going to the Pella Historic Village. Thank you to Al & Sandy for opening your home to us (you probably saved Boyd a lot of $ as I'm sure I would have found some interesting shops somewhere ) we had a nice visit in your lovely home - almost forgot we had to catch a plane! It was great meeting you Wildcat putting a face to a voice.George is awesome, he reminds me of the VW bug I travelled in as a child. I'm glad everyone got home safely and I look forward to coming back. By the way it was 94 degrees F here today and it's supposed to be like that all next week. Thank you all for arranging the cool weather while I was there :o). Well, I best go now or you will need to rent the video instead of reading this novella - or you're already asleep. Again, I can't thank you all enough for all of the effort you put in to make this weekend special for everyone. Hugs, Susan

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:35 pm

Oops - me again. If I forgot to thank anyone individually I'm sorry and I will blame it on the heat ;)

Return to “Draglist Nationals”