While Jeff was at work this afternoon I did some of the fab work on the housing. The axle tubes are bigger than the ol' 10 bolt. The new clamps barely fit the slots in the bushing. I figured I'd weld some gussets on the deal to stiffen them up some. Proble' not necessary but I feel better.
The ears on the Edelbrock torque arm bracket weren't deep enough for the mounting bolt holes to line up. And there wasn't much material around the rear holes either so I cut 'em off and made beefier ears.
Tomorrow is Jeff's day off so he's gonna' install the housing to see how everything fits and too figure out exactly where the torsion bar brackets should be. And to see where to put stuff like brake line brackets, housing vent & tabs for the tie downs.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.