DLN IV RESULTS REPORT

The Draglist Super Crew shares friendship and racing every year in a different town and at a different race track! Here are stories and plans for Draglist Nats past, present, and future!
WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:18 pm

Oh, no, George is not and never will be for sale. I've had dozens of people come up to me and they open the conversation with "Sell me this car. I'll buy it right now." They are ready to shell out big bucks for that Bug. I'm polite about it but I let 'em know I'm not selling George. I refer them to thesamba.com, oldbugs.com and craigslist.org. I've seen a lot of Bugs that look like equal or better deals. For me, George is exactly the way I want him with room for a few updates and improvements, but he's a moderately modified stock Bug with just enough cool to make him a legit Phantom Kruiser. The way that deal happened for me, I knew it was meant to be for me and George to be together. Besides, he's paid for (I paid cash for him) and he's registered in Texas as an antique auto...no inspection (except for the ones I do), no annual registration fee, and insurance is 20 bucks a month. Parts are cheap and plentiful, (I've sunk a few grand into George so far) and I have an excellent network of Bug Doctors that love to work on him. I'm as happy as I can be with George the Beetle. Thanks for including him in your next skit! Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:43 pm

Oh, no, George is not and never will be for sale.

Thanks for including him in your next skit! Cheers, WC1
Including ?? heck he is THE MAN, er um BUG, err umm CAR, oh you know.
Without George, there IS NO skit. He is the focal point, Trust me. Just have to wright the dialogue. (no props this time :wink: ).

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:21 pm

Here is what I expect to bring next time. Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:11 am

AWSUM, I love "SUPER GEORGE" or is it "PRO GEORGE" ?? Perfect, from the color to the wings, OUTSTANDING
(we'll beat that Camero next time) :wink: :wink: :lol:

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:30 am

Will "Pro George'have A/C so Debby will come?

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:47 am

Thanks, Zappy...it's "King George The 5th" (for the DLNs 5.0...)
I am a huge fan of the Spears' car. It broke my heart to see that rear end blow like that, but it happened and we all rolled with it. I expect next time that Jeff's car will go all 3 rounds and come home with booty. I expected it THIS time (we all did) but fate intervened. Georgie Kruised down the strip same as he does on the road, it was fun to do that but no way he was racing...I plan on winning the lottery, though, and by next time this version of George could make 3 passes and surprise the altered guys out there! Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:48 pm

A win is a win. George & WC done goota'.

That sure was one sticky track. :arrow:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:08 pm

Be Careful what your artistic "mind's eye" conjors up Cat....because you KNOW I can make it happen :wink: :wink:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:51 pm

Will "Pro George'have A/C so Debby will come?
I'm thinking the best way to get Debby there is to fly her there and pick her up at Des Moines, ya know. You folks that know her know that she is solid gold, but in our interests, hobbies and activities, we are totally different. I don't think she'd want to ride 2200 miles in George if he had AC, cruise control, full power options and reclining seats...I loved every single mile of that trip with none of the above comfort features, but for me it was as much of an adventure as it was a pilgrimage and a challenge...it's OK with me because it's how me and Debby are, anyway. We love each other...she stays home from most of the gigs I play with the band...there's nothing for her to do at those gigs, really (fight off guys while I play), but I might be able to get her to a DLNs one of these times...she loves the people, it's the trip that would hold her back...Billy, I'll get you to do that stuff once I have the dough...Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:40 pm

yep he has A/c already 5/55 Ac ( 5 fingers to roll down the windows and 55 MPH A/c :lol: )
the Groom that went Vroom At DLN IV

Return to “Draglist Nationals”