DLN 5.0 Info

The Draglist Super Crew shares friendship and racing every year in a different town and at a different race track! Here are stories and plans for Draglist Nats past, present, and future!
stimpy
Re: DLN 5.0 Info

Postby stimpy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:44 pm

Man sorry to hear about George ther WC, Man what is it with the people down don't they like classic bugs or you think they go into shock when they see such a fine ride?? need to get someone to build you a cell phone jammer that says "the vehicle in front of you has been rearended many times by Idiots like you , you are now being disconnected till its in a safe range.". or mount a touch sensitive claymore to the tailpan lid. they will get the hint quick
the Groom that went Vroom At DLN IV

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:06 pm

Just got home, unloaded the caah and dropped the battery in the Monte.
Cheryl needs the caah for work tomorrow morning so we bought a battery @ the Oskaloosa Wally World before heading home. (why we needed the battery is a nutter' story).

We pulled up to the wally world service dept. to get a battery. There was a kid outside moving stuff around and he asked if he could help us. I told him we need a battery for an 03 Monte Carlo. He kinda' did an uuuhhh,,,,, looked over my should and said aaahhh ''sir I think that is a Camaro''....... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I explained the deal to his satisfaction and he then took us in and helped us find the battery we needed. Afterward I told Jeff if I would have told him it was for the black Monte Carlo he problee' would have reeealy been confoozed. :shock: :mrgreen:

Good to see a few DragListerz' are making their way back home.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:44 pm

Great story landlord. Glad you guys made it home. It was so cool to see everyone again, and of course having CAKE made the weekend! :D
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:30 am

Glad you made it home safely, everyone. We had an uneventful trip to Omaha. Will post pics soon. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 pm

We got in the door 30 minutes ago,after an unevenfull trip home.
Good to see you all again,sure had a fun time
Thanks to Iowa Al & Sandy for babysitting us Sunday
Bad storm in Des moines this morning, but our flight got out a bit late
Cat sorry about George :cry:

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:44 pm

Wish I could be there. Hope you folks have a great time...I know you will!
George got rear-ended yesterday on the freeway by a cell phone-incapacitated idiot. Gotta take him to Pete's again next week and get his rear end looking handsome again.
Everybody have fun, be safe and run like hell! Cheers, WC1
Catman, sorry to hear about the "hit" on George. You just give the name of the idiot to "DON ZAPERINO" the godfather.
When his boys get thru, the guy will be harder to find than Jimmy Hoffa. :P lol

(PS) WildCat you were missed badly, you gotta be there for DLN 6 2011
Tennative 3rd weekend July
(treed ya Pro) lol lol

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:47 am

Third weekend in July huh?? Have to check my schedule... but I "think" a match race between George and Peggy could be arranged :shock: ... :arrow:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:26 pm

I'm online for a few minutes today...don't have time to read all of the DLN info yet but I'll get to it. Thank you all for the kind words, I missed you all very much last weekend. I did get to talk to some folks this week and it sure was great to hear the voices. Heck, I get tired of listening to the ones in my head. Your calls were a breath of fresh air! Thanks, BP, I called in to Racin' and Rockin' Friday before last and listened to Big Daddy while the band was on break...I'm not playing this coming Friday night that I know of so I'll be here with the headset, ready to race and rock. Billy, you better spot George about 650 feet for that match race...
George is waiting for the insurance company to get off their behinds and send money so I can take him to Pete. This wreck wasn't as bad as the one in '09, but a new deck lid, Nerf Bar and rear apron would look nice. We'll see. Problem is, people don't see this car. I almost got killed today on Gessner Rd by a Toyota pickup. He didn't see me. Missed me by an inch or so. I gotta start taking side roads and back streets for sure. I know this is the DLNs thread and I'm trying to make an update that would steer this thread off course, so I'll shut up . I'll be back Friday in the Night Shift. Love to all, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:45 pm

Third weekend in July huh?? Have to check my schedule... but I "think" a match race between George and Peggy could be arranged :shock: ... :arrow:
Now THAT'S what I'm talkin about !!! We love match races at DLN's. I can hear BP on the PA now.......
PEGGY the SUPER STANG vs. GEORGE the WONDER BUG -------BE THERE

Hmmm Cat I think I see a flyer...

Return to “Draglist Nationals”