DLN 6 (2011)

The Draglist Super Crew shares friendship and racing every year in a different town and at a different race track! Here are stories and plans for Draglist Nats past, present, and future!
Zappy
Re: DLN 6 (2011)

Postby Zappy » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:37 pm

Bill,

Yes, as of right now we can have the rooms for Fri and Sat. only. BUT, it was the chamber of Commerces that called the Hotel and told them to book the WHOLE place for Wed and Thur. now, the Chamber isn't sure this motorcycle group is even coming through Oskaloosa again this yr or not and if it's for sure the group will want the rooms for wed & thur or Thur- Fri. the Chamber WILL know if the group is coming to town by Jan.31st. So, my contact person wants me to call her on Tues. Feb 1st. and we'll know then whats happening. I hope this answers your question.

Yes to your second question, I was also thinking about the group that comes in Wed for Pella and other local activities.

Linda

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:30 pm

I don't know about this folks, sounds a little too iffy for me. It doesn't matter what coast they start from, with Iowa being in pretty much the center of the country they could easily be a day or two behind schedule. Due to breakdowns or whether.

So instead of Thursday and Friday, let's say this group needs rooms for Friday and Saturday?? Obviously this must be an extremely large group for the chamber of commerce to take the entire hotel, and who knows how many other hotels . On top of that, if we both hit town the same time needing hotel rooms, they asked first.

To me, it's just not worth the risk folks. As long as it's okay with the track, and if Randy & Mr. norm are not booked, I vote we move DLN 6 forward one week to July 23. This also solves the problem for the early arrivals that like to do the Pella tour.

It's up to the group, what do you think??

Zappy and Linda vote for Saturday, July 23.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:35 pm

Or we could wait until Feb 1 to see what the verdict is? Are there any scheduling conflicts with anybody for the 23rd. ? I'm open for either one. I guess in a perfect world I'd agree with ZAP & LL. but only if that date doesn't pose a conflict with another schedule or event. Cheryl said something about the 23rd might be easier to get off work for her. She does payroll & the end of the month is busier.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:59 pm

I'm with Randy! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:13 pm

with randy and bill on this , guess we will have to wait and see on feb 1 as if the place is booked we are out as the other motel doesn't allow pets .
the Groom that went Vroom At DLN IV

Iowa Al

Postby Iowa Al » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:42 pm

lI'm thinkin this motorcycle rally is really bike's, as in the pedal kind.
Could be RAGBRI is going through Oskaloosa. It is a bike ride from the Missouri to the Mississippi and about 10,000 do it.
The route is set to be announced tomorrow.
The Des Moines Register news paper started it in the80's, so RAGBRI stands for Register's Annual Great Bike Ride across Iowa.
IA AL

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:52 pm

ah haha , the one my neighbor participates in every year . if thats it he says they ussually stay only a day then move on to the next town as they have to finish it in a week .
the Groom that went Vroom At DLN IV

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:18 pm

I remember them going through Titonka, IA back in the day. Must have been one of the first because we were out of Iowa by '84 or so. Even back then they pretty much took every available spot of lawn when they stopped to rest. That's about all they could do there, no hotels, motels, bed N' Breakfasts, no nuttin'. :lol: :lol: Pretty much move along or pitch a tent. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:08 pm

The July 29-30th isn't looking good for us. Looks like we have something else happenig.

I talked with my contact at the comfort Inn and she said to call her on the 1st of Feb.that they won't know till then.

Linda

Iowa Al

Postby Iowa Al » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:45 pm

The RAGBRI route is out and they are not going through Oskaloosa.
So, the motel should have rooms.
What ever date you all decide on will be fine with me.
IA AL

Return to “Draglist Nationals”