2012 DLN 7 CORVODA, ILL

The Draglist Super Crew shares friendship and racing every year in a different town and at a different race track! Here are stories and plans for Draglist Nats past, present, and future!
Zappy
2012 DLN 7 CORVODA, ILL

Postby Zappy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:54 pm

Happy New Year to all our draglist family!

Just want to let everyone know I've been in contact with 2 hotels in LeClaire, Iowa which is across the river from Corvoda.

The Comfort Inn will not take a group booking for rooms because of the races. The Super 8 is right next doorsto comfort Inn (same owner) will take booking , I have a block of 12 rooms (2 Queens beds) for $ 65.69 a night for Thursday Aug23rd - Sunday Aug26th. When you call to make your reseveration tell them your with the Draglist group. Because of the Race you should book soon. The # is 1-563-289-5888 They do allow pets for $ 10.00 extra. It's small, but we've stayed here before it's very clean and nice. It's high on hill looking down on Mississippi river.

They have fruit, cereal, bagels english muffins hard boiled eggs, yogurt etc.for breaksfast.
they have coffee makers in rooms.

I also found an activity we could do on Firday or Saturday afternoon. It's the Celebration River Cruises. It's an hour and half boat ride with lunch. The excusion will take us past the Rock Island Arsenal and Dam # 15 the largest rolling dam in the world, the cost is $33.95 pp. If there's enough interest I'll call and see about a group rate.

Also Ladies, we have 2 Malls within 20 mins of the hotel. Theres a CATO also.

There's a resturant near hotel that we've eatin in, it's call Sneaky Pete's Cowboy steak, good food, and has room that will hold our lg. groups

If your interested in the river boat lunch cruise please let me know as we need to make reseverations!

Thanks,

Linda

pro70z28

Re: 2012 DLN 7 CORVODA, ILL

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:24 pm

We are planning a Thursday though Sunday stay, probably doing the river cruise (3 of us), but Cheryl & Jeff have to do the work schedule check first.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:42 pm

we're in for the cruise
Thanks for the planning

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:08 am

Some background: I know BP, Randy, Al, and Gary have been there, but For those new to the "WORLD SERIES of DRAGRACING" (WSD). It's a night show, actually 2 nites. So thats why the lunch cruise should work great for us in place of dinner. The feature show starts at 7PM both nites, so the guys will probly want to get to the track about 5 ???

Now about the race, I believe it's the longest running race in the country. Yup older than Pomona, and yes, even older than the US NATIONALS. To say it's a big show would be an understatment.....it's HUGE. They don't have their 2012 schedual up yet, but to give you an example, heres what they had LAST year.

FRI. $20 free parking - Jet F/C's - Jet Dragsters - Nostalgia F/C's - Pro/Mod - Nitro Alterds - Wheelstanders - Nostalgia Super Stock.

Sat. $35 free park - 300mph Top Fuel - NHRA Nitro F/C - Jet F/C - Jet Dragster - Nostalgia F/C - Nostalgia Super Stock - Nitro Alterds -
Pro/Mods - Front Engine T/F - Super Stock Mafia - Wheelstanders.

We won't need a reserved spot in the pits cause we'll be in the stands.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:24 am

A little more background: Some of our ladies are a little sensitive to too much sunshine. That's another reason that we thought the lunch cruise would be great for our gang. The pictures on their site show an outdoor deck on top,(which would be great for taking pictures from) as well as the large indoor dining area. (800 passengers) which would have us comfortably in the shade.

Their buffet lunch sounds pretty good. Linda and I have never been on this boat, so I urge you to check out their site for yourself. Just search " celebration belle", then check out the pictures of the boat inside and out, they also have a slideshow.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:27 am

Some background: I know BP, Randy, Al, and Gary have been there, but For those new to the "WORLD SERIES of DRAGRACING" (WSD). It's a night show, actually 2 nites. So thats why the lunch cruise should work great for us in place of dinner. The feature show starts at 7PM both nites, so the guys will probly want to get to the track about 5 ???

Now about the race, I believe it's the longest running race in the country. Yup older than Pomona, and yes, even older than the US NATIONALS. To say it's a big show would be an understatment.....it's HUGE. They don't have their 2012 schedual up yet, but to give you an example, heres what they had LAST year.

FRI. $20 free parking - Jet F/C's - Jet Dragsters - Nostalgia F/C's - Pro/Mod - Nitro Alterds - Wheelstanders - Nostalgia Super Stock.

Sat. $35 free park - 300mph Top Fuel - NHRA Nitro F/C - Jet F/C - Jet Dragster - Nostalgia F/C - Nostalgia Super Stock - Nitro Alterds -
Pro/Mods - Front Engine T/F - Super Stock Mafia - Wheelstanders.

We won't need a reserved spot in the pits cause we'll be in the stands.
The WS is the same age as Norm Wellman & myself. 59th annual this year. I could be wrong but I think that beats Pomona by 1 year?

23t

Postby 23t » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:40 am

Cordova is a NHRA track correct?

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:09 am

Cordova is a NHRA track correct?

10-4

http://www.cordovadrag.com/

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:17 pm

[
The WS is the same age as Norm Wellman & myself. 59th annual this year. I could be wrong but I think that beats Pomona by 1 year?
This year (2012) Pomona will be 52nd
US Nationals will be 58th

Cordova WSOD is 59th. – I may be mistaken, but I believe the World Series is the longest continuously held dragracing event in the country. I can't wait till they get their 2012 schedule up, I'm dying to see WHO all, and WHAT all, they will have at the W S this year.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:02 pm

Great info. Thank you! Bill
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Return to “Draglist Nationals”