2012 DLN 7 CORVODA, ILL

The Draglist Super Crew shares friendship and racing every year in a different town and at a different race track! Here are stories and plans for Draglist Nats past, present, and future!
draglist
Site Admin
Re: 2012 DLN 7 CORVODA, ILL

Postby draglist » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:11 pm

Hi guys. It is official. I called Gerald this afternoon and thanked him for his outstanding hospitality for the past six years. I told him we were moving the Draglist Nats to the World Series of Drag Racing for this year, primarily for the potential for new extracurricular activities. Of course the amazing World Series show is a small consideration, too! :D

Gerald and Eddyville Raceway Park were our first venue and we will never forget them. Eddyville will always be a part of the draglist.com family.

Looking forward to the "Lucky 7" -- the 7th annual Draglist Nats at Cordova Raceway Park! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:19 pm

I'll second that. I've never had a track roll out the red carpet like Eddyville without renting it. I too wish to thank Gerald and his crew for the years of great hospitality.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:55 pm

Anyone booked their rooms yet?

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:17 pm

Not yet, but we better not procrastinate too long. I would imagine they (area sleeperies) fill up early.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:17 pm

Anyone booked their rooms yet?
As far as I know, LL booked us. No use puttin it off and wind up at a different hotel from the rest of the gang. Like Pro said I bet they fill early.
This is a BIG show folks, very well established. (59th annual) you don't last that long without a strong fan base.

If yer even thinkin 'bout goin, I'd book to be safe. You can always cancel if ya change yer mind. JMO

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:25 am

Thanks, Zappy. Can you confirm with Linda how many rooms she got and then we can determine if we have enough for the folks on the board who want them?

I will want one! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:40 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhh OOOOOhhHHHHHHHHH. I just called to make reservations.................. All that's left is 1 room, the whirlpool suite for a little over 100 bux. I'd take it if that's all that's left but I'm wondering how many other people have yet to make reservations and won't be able to? Is there another place we might want to try or are we already out a' luck?

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:51 pm

I called back & snagged the suite. I had her double check the Draglist block of rooms & she didn't see anything available? She is going to talk to her supervisor though & if there are rooms still available under DragList she's going to call back tomorrow.
She said she's had 3 calls just this afternoon for that weekend. Everything is filling up FAST.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:55 pm

I don't know the layout there but she did say there is a Holiday Inn Express in the same vicinity. I don't know what's available there though.

Lady Linda

Postby Lady Linda » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:51 pm

Happy New Year to all our draglist family!

Just want to let everyone know I've been in contact with 2 hotels in LeClaire, Iowa which is across the river from Corvoda.

The Comfort Inn will not take a group booking for rooms because of the races. The Super 8 is right next doorsto comfort Inn (same owner) will take booking , I have a block of 12 rooms (2 Queens beds) for $ 65.69 a night for Thursday Aug23rd - Sunday Aug26th. When you call to make your reseveration tell them your with the Draglist group. Because of the Race you should book soon. The # is 1-563-289-5888 They do allow pets for $ 10.00 extra. It's small, but we've stayed here before it's very clean and nice. It's high on hill looking down on Mississippi river.

They have fruit, cereal, bagels english muffins hard boiled eggs, yogurt etc.for breaksfast.
they have coffee makers in rooms.

I also found an activity we could do on Firday or Saturday afternoon. It's the Celebration River Cruises. It's an hour and half boat ride with lunch. The excusion will take us past the Rock Island Arsenal and Dam # 15 the largest rolling dam in the world, the cost is $33.95 pp. If there's enough interest I'll call and see about a group rate.

Also Ladies, we have 2 Malls within 20 mins of the hotel. Theres a CATO also.

There's a resturant near hotel that we've eatin in, it's call Sneaky Pete's Cowboy steak, good food, and has room that will hold our lg. groups

If your interested in the river boat lunch cruise please let me know as we need to make reseverations!

Thanks,

Linda

Hi Gang,,

Here's the Hotel information that I posted back on Jan 3rd. Any one intested in the River Cruise? We can either go Friday lunch (it's cheaper) or Friday night dinner or Saturday lunch, we'll all want to be at the track Saturday night.

Linda

Return to “Draglist Nationals”