Participant and Attendee's Stories ( in particular Billy/Cat

The Draglist Super Crew shares friendship and racing every year in a different town and at a different race track! Here are stories and plans for Draglist Nats past, present, and future!
WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:46 pm

NovelT, I hope Susan can come up with a nice Tupperware cup to put it in or something...there ain't gonna be a lot of Gummi Glob mementos but that one...but the memories will definitely last forever. This is where Billy really blew me away...he held up his guitar to all of us and said please sign it. Here's a silver Sharpie...my God, Billy...as much as I love everybody and Draglist, I would never have thought to have done that...It showed me that Billy isn't concerned with material things at all. He wanted a lasting reminder, and to WildcatOne, what he asked us to do (and we all signed his guitar) was the ultimate lasting reminder. I was completely awestruck by Billy doing that. That took far more courage and purity of spirit than I could ever have...Billy might say well, it wasn't an expensive instrument, etc...but I'm hard-wired not to see it like that...I saw it almost as a sacrifice...that is a great guitar and we're all over it now...Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:23 pm

8) 8)
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:38 pm

Cat......Granted I don't devote nearly the attention to it as I should, it is nonetheless, a part of me........So too, are everyone here on this board....having everyone sign it was just an idea I came up with.....and I wouldn't have done it any other way 8) 8) ......I Love ALL yoose guys (and Gals :wink: )
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:48 pm

One thing that wasn't mentioned or the subject even brought up, but I noticed and really appreciated was that this was an alcohol-free weekend at the track. All of the drinks at the track were soft drinks and water. I think back in town at the restaurant after Friday's pit meet, a few folks might have had a tin1. But only after everything was done and all of the business was taken care of. It was never even thought of to go along with the activities at the track and I never saw one beer there. Back at the hotel, there were parties and I'm sorry I missed 'em, but it was not going on at the track. Very well done, folks. Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Mike-Casella

Postby Mike-Casella » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:16 pm

I'll drink (a Blue Gatorade) to that.

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:31 pm

Cat, I have a beer now and again, but it honestly never crossed my mind. And I never, ever mix beer and race cars. I don't even drink when I work on them at home, cause one mess up, one moment of no concentration, can kill you or worse, hurt or kill someone else. A couple beers and forget to tighten a bolt or something. These cars are fast. We drive them and tend to forget how fast they are, I guess we are used to them. But flying down thru the traps and something comes loose? No, it had better be a fastener broke. Cause I could'nt forgive myself if I hurt someone because of my carelessness or stupidity. I don't mean to sound like a prude,cause I'm not! The only place alcohol belongs with the words racecar is if it's in the tank!! I did want to try one of Bp's Kolada's though! :lol: :lol: I did'nt need beer at E-ville, I was high on you all!! :wink:
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

Mike-Casella

Postby Mike-Casella » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:36 pm

Hey Lippy, did I see you sipping on a RED Gatorade? :lol:

bandit

Postby bandit » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:41 pm

He had a yellow Gatorade hidden, Mike!
It was way too hot for beer. For me it was always a beer after the car was put away! I had 2 at the hotel.

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:44 pm

I wonder how far out the back door the ol' Lipster would have driven her if he had a couple of shastas in him!! :lol:

Note to Lippy,,,1/8 mile tracks,,,let off at the finish line,,,,,1/4 mile tracks,,,let off at the finish line,,,there is a difference,,,,,,repeat after me!!!!!! :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:47 pm

Hey Lippy, did I see you sipping on a RED Gatorade? :lol:
Yes, yes you did, but I was a POWERADE young man, powerade. :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

Return to “Draglist Nationals”