Participant and Attendee's Stories ( in particular Billy/Cat

The Draglist Super Crew shares friendship and racing every year in a different town and at a different race track! Here are stories and plans for Draglist Nats past, present, and future!
Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:59 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:22 am

:lol: 8) :shock: :P :roll: :arrow:
I remember seeing that bag in the trunk at the track and I thought "NovelT is gonna have one big glob of Gummi..." As for me, I lived on M&Ms and milk (when we'd hit truck stops) on the way there and back. The bus stations for the most part didn't have milk, and if you wash M&Ms down with anything but milk, it ain't quite that good of a meal...I was hesitant to get road food, as I have had some less than pleasant experiences with that stuff in the past. In a backroad town in Kansas Sunday night (the bus made 12 small-town stops on the way back), we took a break at a convenience store and this guy that had gotten on the bus in Kansas City that had bathed himself in cheap cologne went in and stole a box of Swisher Sweets and he got caught. The cops were all over us in less than a minute, and the guy was extracted from the crowd, arrested, handcuffed, and hauled away. It took about 25 minutes to complete that exercize, and the driver gave us a lecture about if you don't have any money, stay on the bus. I rode to Oklahoma City from there with a guy who was riding back there from New Haven, Ct and we noted that the cologne aroma remained for a few hours. Hope you saved the Gummi glob, T. It sounds like a great memento! Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:57 am

ahhhhh......a few hours of sleep (ok...so it was like 13...but who's counting?).......feels GREATTTT!!!!.......

We had the law called for some potential passengers as well, Cat. They were trying to bulldog their way on the bus / cutting in front of other patrons and whatnot......the Driver got a belly full of it and refused to let em on........what a circus.........the two officers said....Hey, You have the right to refuse services, don'tcha??.....Driver said...Yes I do.....first cop said...when we step off the bus, close the door and drive off...and Have a safe trip. (we did exactly that)........I'm not sure if "other" potential passengers also got hung out to dry in that deal, and I really don't remember anybody else getting on that bus (besides those of us who stepped off to burn a cig)....oh well...........turns out that that family of folks caught back up with me sometime during my 5 hour layover in Montgomery.......cause they got off the bus right behind me in Tallahassee...........(and they were STILL tryin to do things they we'ren't 'spose to be doin :roll: :roll: )
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:41 pm

Some people never learn! :lol: Like this stupid spelling cow!! :lol: :lol: :shock: I don't think she will ever catch on to LOL! :lol: :lol:
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

wheelzman

Postby wheelzman » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:54 pm

:( :( Stupid Cow.... only three letter word she knows is Moo. Dumb Bit......! She ain't had no up bringin' so how's she know what words be meanin' anyhow? Back woods, hay suckin', two tone black and white, tail switchin', critter. :? :? :?

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:20 am

Hey,Wildcat,Susan is trying to figure out how to scrapbook the gummi glob

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:22 am

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:36 am

Boyd, be sure to tell Susan that her scrapbook was the nicest one I've ever seen. Denise was telling her mom about it today. It was great. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:50 am

Throughout my return trip travels......some folks were just in awe that I (and the rest of us) would go all that way to hang out with friends we had never met.....most thought it was just cool as all get out....My geetar (with all the signatures on it) was a huge hit!!!..............I may not ever play it again....rather, I may have to get me anudder one, and just keep my "Eddyville Epiphone" as a momento.....(and YES I know it ain't an Epiphone....but that name just popped into my mind :wink: ).......I'm already gonna have to do a little touch-ups on the DL logo (that I put on there) and Mr Norb and Miss Bonnie's sig's.......( :? :? rubbed em a bit with the inside of my forearm, while playin' for Jerry, Cheryl and Emily....and then some more in various places across the country....)....But its all good....I can fix the oooop's with out too much problemo 8)
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:53 am

Cool Billy!! Memories of a great time!! :D
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

Return to “Draglist Nationals”