DragLiat Nationals Banner

The Draglist Super Crew shares friendship and racing every year in a different town and at a different race track! Here are stories and plans for Draglist Nats past, present, and future!
pro70z28
DragLiat Nationals Banner

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi everybody we have a request. We're working on this years DragList banner design a little early this year. Normally I do the banner just before the nats. & don't post what it will look like ahead of time, but this year is a special deal. We are doing a Danny Miller theme. I've posted the incomplete layout below to show you what we're looking for. I have 2 versions of the banner with 2 different pictures of Danny. The first version is a photo from Ia Al. It started out as a nice clear photo but unfortunately the original is taken out of a larger photo & Danny started out only 1.5" tall. It needs to be about 30'' tall for the banner & that's just more stretching than it can handle.

The second version is with a photo from David Pace. It started out as a larger photo but the original is a little grainy, Dave had some camera issues that weekend. It is a little clearer because it started out large, but still is a little bit grainy (taken after dark).

Thanks to Bob Snyder for providing all the other pics on the banner.

I got this idea a couple week or so ago & first bounced the idea off BP & Danny. Danny, BP & I have been emailing back & forth, We've been asking people through PM's that we thought might have what we need. Finally I asked Danny if he might have a photo we could use. When I got home tonight Danny posted this on CFCB.

Help please,

Gary Spear (prosignshop@sbcglobal.net) needs a good head shot of me if anyone has one. It needs to be blown up quite a bit so a high res shot is really needed. Any help would be appreciated. A current shot won't work as I am so skinny no one would know who it was. I'm down 110Lbs or so now. Thanks again for all the wonderful pictures, some of which I had never seen before. Keep them coming.

Danny

I'm glad Danny has seen what we've put together so far & is excited about it. We'd really like for him to see the finished product before it's printed. I'll echo what Danny said, if anyone has a photo that could replace these (similar pose & hi res) we'd appreciate it if we could use it on the banner. There's a couple other things in the works too, so if we get more than one good shot we may be able to use more than one.
Thanks for any help you can provide, & be sure to keep Danny & his family in your thoughts & prayers.
proz
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Iowa Al

Re: DragLiat Nationals Banner

Postby Iowa Al » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:15 pm

Great job Gary!
Danny is a great guy and in my thoughts every day.
Iowa AL

draglist
Site Admin

Re: DragLiat Nationals Banner

Postby draglist » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Thanks, Gary. I actually need to look through my old shots as I retain hi res images of everything I take although I reduce them when I publish. It's so great that you are doing this and I look forward to attending the World Series/DLNs with Danny in mind. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Return to “Draglist Nationals”