Draglist Nationals 2014

The Draglist Super Crew shares friendship and racing every year in a different town and at a different race track! Here are stories and plans for Draglist Nats past, present, and future!
pro70z28
Re: Draglist Nationals 2014

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:41 am

oh, one other thing occurred to me the other day. Since Thursday is 9/11 is there anything going on we should be aware of? Just wondering it there's an event that day or restrictions that day or ...? :?:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:51 am

You guys are all learning more about the DC trolley system than I ever knew! :D

The first time I thought of 9/11 was when Gena noted to Danny that they are flying on that day.

I have not received any notices at work about special events, restricted areas, or expected backups. And I get those notices if such things are expected.

For Friday night, I will have a few beers around and Denise plans to have Diet and regular Pepsi and some Sprite, and plenty of iced tea. We also have tons of Kuerig K-cups of coffee (regular and decaf) and Snapple Iced Tea flavor (it's great). If there is any sort of soda or other thing that you want especially, please bring it along! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:53 am

The person who bought the tickets is considered the LEAD TRAVELER. So as long
as he/she provides the voucher and ID for the tickets everything is gooda. :D

CraftyGirl

Postby CraftyGirl » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:10 am

Ok, thanks Cap'n and Pro. Just thought I better double check....didn't want Daryl to have to run beside the trolley because they wouldn't let him on with me. Hahaha!

And Bill, I'll probably grab a couple bottles of wine or something if that's ok. And I was also wondering about the metro....should we just pay cash or do you think it would be worth it for us to get one of those card things to pay with? Don't know if using it a few times is worth the aggravation of trying to get one (or two) of them to save a few bucks?

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:34 pm

BP did you say the closest place to catch a ride on the trolly would be Union Station or....? Just putting addresses in the Garmin. I don't see an address on the web site, my guess you just go to the closest or more convenient trolley stop?

CraftyGirl

Postby CraftyGirl » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:17 pm

Pro, if you look on your trolley voucher after the list of the stops, it tells you the 2 places that you can get on and has the addresses too. Either the Washington welcome center or union station. I just happened to notice that the other day and I'm glad I did!

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:24 pm

Cool, must be fine print, yea, I think that's what it is. :P I entered Union Station into the Garmin as the trolly stop, I think BP said that was the closest? Got all the addresses entered & catagorized in the GPS. Couple fires to put out tomorrow morning & then we are ready to push the launch botton.

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:07 pm

Y'all realize, of course.....Yoose guys are Killin me down here.......WAHHHHH.....I wanna be there TOO!! :cry:
Hope everyone has a Fantabulous time.....hoist a (imaginary if neccessary) Dr Pepper for me.... 8)
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:19 pm

Hi everyone!

1. Metro only takes fare cards. So you will have to bring cash or credit cards to buy the tickets at the machines. They will pump out paper ones that you can get in pretty low denominations. Each ride is 3 or 4 dollars, so just put enough on the card to cover as many trips as you want to make.

2. Union Station is a metro stop and is the place where the Moonlight Tour departs, so if you will be coming on that, you definitely need to get to Union Station. It is on Massachusetts Avenue, Northwest. Oh, good time to tell you all: DC is a diamond and the diamond is split up into four quadrants: NW, NE, SW, and SE. So be careful to add that to any address you plan for, because there will likely be a duplicate address in one of the other quadrants.

3. Union Station is not necessarily the closest metro stop to many of the attractions that you will be visiting on the other trolley lines, but it IS the place with pretty much guaranteed parking availability. Once you get there and on the metro, it's just a few minute ride down to the national mall and you are on your way.

4. Wine will be fine, Heidi! We will have plenty of room and like any good host, I'll be hoping that there will be leftovers that I can drink when you are gone! :wink: Just kidding, let's drink it all up!

5. Billy, I love diet Dr. Pepper and it's either that or Diet Root Beer for me if and when I stray into sodaland. So, I have you covered.

Has anybody purchased tickets for the moonlight trolley tour on Thursday yet? bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:45 pm

We might buy moonlight tickets. At this point we are so close to the date we may wait & take our chances with buying them out there, even if we buy on Wednesday. Lady on the phone said day of purchases can be made as long as there is still available seats, so it will be a roll of the dice. We found out (Boyd & I) there is a 6 day in advance cancelation policy so we have during the day thursday tickets. I'd be up for moonlight tickets also, if the troops can hold up to the schedule.

Return to “Draglist Nationals”