DRAGLIST NATIONALS 2015

The Draglist Super Crew shares friendship and racing every year in a different town and at a different race track! Here are stories and plans for Draglist Nats past, present, and future!
draglist
Site Admin
Re: DRAGLIST NATIONALS 2015

Postby draglist » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:06 pm

Talked with Em tonight. She is working hard on her music for her Senior Recital. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:44 pm

I wonder how the sale of MDIR will effect us next year??????????????

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:42 pm

I keep hearing those rumors... but don't know anything concrete. Will keep an eye on it. bp
Bill Pratt

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:33 am

From the Classic Funny Car Board:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

IRG SPORTS + ENTERTAINMENT ACQUIRES
MARYLAND INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY

ROYCE MILLER JOINS THE IRG TEAM AS CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER

JUPITER, FL - November 13, 2014 - IRG Sports + Entertainment™ (IRG) President & CEO, Jason Rittenberry, announced today that the Company has acquired Maryland International Raceway (MDIR) in Budds Creek, Maryland. Last month, IRG announced a major financing agreement with TPG Specialty Lending (NYSE:TSLX) that funded a recapitalization of the Company and the acquisition of two additional motorsports venues, including Maryland International Raceway.

MDIR becomes the fifth motorsports and entertainment facility in the IRG portfolio of brands, joining sister tracks Palm Beach International Raceway in Jupiter, Florida; Memphis International Raceway in Millington, Tennessee; Southwestern International Raceway in Tucson, Arizona; and Cordova International Raceway in Cordova, Illinois.

Founded in 1966, MDIR has been owned and operated since 1990 by the Miller family - Royce and Linda, along with their sons Jason and Chris. One of the most respected track operators in the drag racing industry, Royce Miller joins IRG as the Chief Operating Officer, overseeing the track division and leading the team of vice presidents and general managers from each venue. A highly successful track operator and event promoter, Royce will report to IRG President & CEO Jason Rittenberry, and will work closely with Scott Gardner, President of the International Hot Rod Association (IHRA).

"Royce brings 25 years of expertise, talent and knowledge in track operations and promotions to IRG," noted Rittenberry. "This will undoubtedly bring enhancements and refinements in the management of our operations at all the IRG tracks across the country. I'm certain that Royce will prove to be one of the greatest assets to the company to date."

"I am looking forward to my new role as COO in overseeing and assisting all of the IRG owned tracks. With the wealth of experience and knowledge of the GMs at each track along with my 25 years of experience as a track operator, we will have an exceptional national team capable of great things," stated Royce Miller. "I know I will learn as much from them as they can learn from me. We will take the best ideas and structures to each IRG raceway and make these tracks among the best run and exciting venues in the country."

An IHRA member track since 1992, MDIR has hosted numerous IHRA national events including the President's Cup Nationals, part of the Nitro Jam Drag Racing Series show which is currently airing weekly on MAVTV. The legendary 19th Annual World Cup Finals were held at MDIR last weekend; the 3-day event will continue to be hosted there in the future.

Having worked alongside their father Royce at the track for their entire careers, Jason Miller and Chris Miller will take over the helm at MDIR. Jason Miller becomes the Vice President & General Manager of MDIR, while his brother Chris Miller is the new Director of Administration & Operations.

The MIROCK Superbike Series, which is the largest motorcycle drag racing series in the country, will continue at MDIR and will be managed and promoted by Jason Miller. The World Cup Finals, an Import vs. Domestic event, will continue to be owned, managed and promoted by Jason Miller and Chris Miller, as it has been for the last 19 years.

Maryland International Raceway will retain its name but has been rebranded with a new logo and web URL, www.RaceMDIR.com. For more information on MDIR, visit www.RaceMDIR.com.

IRG was represented in the transaction by Murray Schwartz, Esq. of Karlinsky, LLC in New York and Craig Enck of Miles Stockbridge in Baltimore; MDIR was represented by Steve Scott of Scott Law in La Plata, MD.

About IRG Sports + Entertainment™
IRG Sports + Entertainment™ (IRG) is a leading purveyor of sports and live entertainment experiences and is the privately-held parent company of International Raceway Group™ (IRG), IRGSE Productions™, and the International Hot Rod Association™ (IHRA). IRG owns and operates Palm Beach International Raceway™ (PBIR), Palm Beach Driving Club® (PBDC), Memphis International Raceway™ (MIR), Southwestern International Raceway™ (SWIR), Cordova International Raceway™ (CIR), and Maryland International Raceway (MDIR). Located in Jupiter, Florida, PBIR is the company's flagship and home to PBDC, a private members-only club for automotive enthusiasts. The facility features a challenging 2.034-mile asphalt Road Course, an exciting 1/4-mile concrete Drag Strip, a thrilling 8/10-mile Kart Track, and a 250-foot-long Mud Bog. Acquired in January 2011, MIR is a highly acclaimed motorsports facility located in Millington, Tennessee, featuring a formidable 1.8-mile asphalt Road Course, a riveting 1/4-mile Drag Strip, and an enthralling 3/4-mile Tri-Oval Short Track. Added to the IRG portfolio of brands in August 2013, SWIR is a 110-acre venue located at the Pima County Fairgrounds, 10 miles from downtown Tucson, Arizona. The track features a dedicated quarter-mile Drag Strip and first opened in August 1997. CIR is a 190-acre venue in Cordova, Illinois, featuring a 1/4-mile Drag Strip. It hosts the popular World Series of Drag Racing and frequent street drags and bracket racing programs. Acquired in November 2014, MDIR is located in the Baltimore/DC metro market and features a world class 1/4-mile drag strip. It hosts more than 80 events annually, including the World Cup Finals™. Owned and operated since January 2013 by IRG, IHRA is the second-largest drag racing and fourth-largest motorsports sanctioning body. The 44-year-old organization manages two national touring series, the Nitro Jam Drag Racing Series™ and Sonic Rush Tour™. With headquarters in Norwalk, Ohio, IHRA sanctions more than 110 motorsports facilities in the U.S. and Canada and has more than 12,000 racers of all skill levels as members. IRG's subsidiaries now promote more than 950 motorsports, live entertainment and corporate events annually at its venues and series. IRG is also affiliated with Miami's Auto Museum at The Dezer Collection, Palm Beach Grand Prix, Super Chevy Show Series, Fun Ford Series, and Mega Mopar Action Series.

###

CONTACT
Aidy Alonzo
Vice President, Marketing & Communications
IRG Sports + Entertainment™
17133 Beeline Highway, Jupiter, FL 33478
AAlonzo@IRGSE.com
www.IRGSE.com

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:32 pm

We will meet anyway,,right?

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:25 am

I still don't know anything. And what's this MDIR stuff, anyway. I'll bet they did that because they call their Memphis track MIR. But Budds Creek was the FIRST MIR! bp
Bill Pratt

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:16 am

Yes we will meet together as this is about the people more than the racing.
No races didn't hurt us this year and it won't hurt us next year if that is what
will take place. :D

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:32 pm

Yes, if that was the question we would love to have everyone come here again in 2015. I have not talked to Royce about anything since the PR piece ran.

In an article he wrote, he says that all agreements are still in effect; however, ours was more of an unwritten favor. Even if something like the tower suite does not occur again, we can definitely have the event there and it will be a blast.

Again, I don't know anything pro or con regarding the 2015 event. Just speculating. bp
Bill Pratt

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:17 pm

I see on Yahoo news they are going to recert the old lock keeper's house on the mall in DC. I wonder if that'll happen by next DLN's. If it does, that would be monumental. :D

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-playe ... 32165.html

Lock Keeper's House.jpg
Lock Keeper's House.jpg (182.65KiB)Viewed 1841 times
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:56 pm

Hop on Hop off bus in the background. We will be using that next summer again. Sharon
said they had those in NYC when she was there last weekend and is planning on going back
someday. She told me that she stood on the observation deck of the Empire State Building
trying to get her bearings of the city when her eyes fell upon One World Trade Center and she had
tears come to her eyes knowing that where she stood someone was observing that horrible
scene unfold on 911. She told me that it had to be a forever lasting image to see those buildings
fall and the heartache of knowing thousands of souls were lost for no good reason. May we
never forget. :cry:

Return to “Draglist Nationals”