DRAGLIST NATIONALS 2016

The Draglist Super Crew shares friendship and racing every year in a different town and at a different race track! Here are stories and plans for Draglist Nats past, present, and future!
Wheelzman
Re: DRAGLIST NATIONALS 2016

Postby Wheelzman » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:21 pm

That sounds good with me too bp. Maybe we could find a motel with a conference room like in Waldorf? :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:25 pm

I'm Packin'.

Oh wait, I'm packin' for a different vacation. But it'll be good practice. :lol: :lol:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:19 pm

Ok friends UPDATE: LL is busy researching hotels. She is pretty tight with a dollar but, she also doesn't just jump on the cheapest one.
She takes the time to read any reviews she can find. So here is the question.

ARE we in agreement on arriving in BG on Wed. 15th June??
LL will need this info before she can set aside a block of rooms.

That gives us ALL Day Thur & Fri to tour the Corvette Museum - the railroad museum - and the Corvette assembly plant.

She found a La Quinta In BG, with a fridge - micro wave - breakfast . She told the mngr. we would arrive on Wednesday June 15, depart Sunday 19th. She asked about reserving a block of rooms. He recommended booking more than you need because of the BIG EVENT weekend. Then drop what we DO NOT need 2 weeks ahead of time. They will get back to her in 24 hrs, with a group room rate.

PS) I looked into the assembly plant tour, and as an employee/retiree I can get up to 10 in free. I'm going to call (when I find a phone number) and see if they will extend the free offer to our entire group. I think they will.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:35 pm

Ok Question 2) How many are interested in touring / sightseeing Nashville ??

Perhaps we would be better off staying in Nashville, and just driving to the track once Sat. ??
Just a thought.........

What say you guys??

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:12 pm

The Bowling Green idea seems fine. Also for Susan they say no open toe shoes.

Ask LL if she can ask about a conference room for us to gather in. Wednesday through Sunday is goota. Sharon and I may come early and go to the Grand Ole Opry on Tuesday night. All depends who is on stage. Maybe Daryl will terrorize the streets of BG with his jet whatchamacallit?????

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:02 pm

Sounds like a great plan. Whatever we decide, I can make it. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:50 am

I'l been snooping for accomodations. Bowling Green La Quinta seniors rate $100.80. Cave City Comfort Inn seniors rate $77

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:23 am

Ok I'll tell Linda in the morning.

Lady Linda

Postby Lady Linda » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:29 pm

Greetings Draglist family!! Well, we just celebrated our 42nd wedding anniversary by going to Bowling Green, KY on a fact finding mission for DLN 16. It's a nice area. Lots to do. We tour the Corvette museum and the Plant where th Corvettes are builded, both were very interesting. We ask around about the differnce caves in area and most said the Lost River cave was the one most like the best. We went out to look at the track. Scottsville Rd has about every resturant and store you coulld think of ( Except the Christmas tree store Ladies) also every Hotel/Motel names you know and alot of ones i've never heard of. We visited alot of these Hotels letting them know we're looking for a nice Hotet 4 next June for our group who would be attending the National Hot Rod Reunion. alot of the Hotels R already full, and All of the up their prices by $50 to $60 for this event. The Hotel room we paided $79.00 is going for $ 125.00 that weekend, it sinces the avg. prices for a room that wkn. is $125.00 to 149.00. BUT.... I didn't give up.
I thought hmmmm I'm wanting to book a block of 10 rooms someone will give me a better price. We saw a new Sleep Inn and I went inside to see about price for 10 rooms and I wanted to see a few rooms before I'd book. The rooms were very nice and clean, nice mattress and billows. Big hot/cold breaksfast ,in door pool, meeting room. they already R half full so I went ahead and booked 9 Nonsmoking 1 King bed rooms (that's all the had left) and 1 nonsmoking 2 queen beds room :D . I'm going to PM all core group folks with priceso pleasr check your messages. Sorry this os so long but I want to get infor out for everyone. We looked at alot of activites for us to do.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:57 pm

That weekend is not a payroll weekend for Cheryl, so she's good to go. It's a little early for me because most likely I'll still be cranking out road construction signs that early in the season. We have it on the calendar, but we may have to shave a couple days off the trip. Good news is it's a day there & a day back instead of 2 each way. We're hoping to tack whatever days we give up on DLN's on our anniversary trip next year.

Congrats on your anniversary ZAP & LL. We're on the way home in a round about way. We stayed at Shawnee Golf Resort last night, Shawnee, PA. it's the site of the very first PGA tournament. Very old but very classy & well maintained place. We even had a maid ask if we wanted our bed turned down last night. We figured we could handle tugging on some sheets, so we told her we had that covered. Get it, Covered, I made a funny. :lol:

Today we headed a little south and stopped at Valley Forge, saw George Washington's head quarters and a bunch of other neat stuff on a driving tour. We're spending the night in Harrisburg, PA. We're aren't doing any sight seeing here (but we are staying at a Holiday in Express). Tomorrow & Monday will pretty much be getting down to the job of finding our way home.

Found out our skylight finally got installed today & the garage door surrounds get installed Monday.

Today is our 40th anniversary. We're just newly weds compared to ZAP & LL. :lol: :lol:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Return to “Draglist Nationals”