DRAGLIST NATIONALS 2017

The Draglist Super Crew shares friendship and racing every year in a different town and at a different race track! Here are stories and plans for Draglist Nats past, present, and future!
Wheelzman
Re: DRAGLIST NATIONALS 2017

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:38 pm

Yep, me too. Quaker City is a beautiful track and plenty of parking plus shade trees for the DLNat's official mobile base (Daryl's trailer with canopy) and close to many things to do and see. They seemed to have a very big crowd so I don't know if Denny got lured to Keystone or Quaker cancelled on him? Still a shame as I wanted to host this thing in fine fashion this year. :shock:

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:39 pm

We're looking at flying from Seattle to Baltimore,then driving back to Philadelphia,or where ever it has been decided. There is one direct flight a day, please let us know early.Opps I meant Pittsburgh.
Last edited by Novel-T on Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:33 pm

That all sounds good to me, Jack and Gary! Thanks for the links, Zap. I will check with my Pittsburgh pals to see if they are involved. I forgot that PID was long gone and that the folks from there put on reunions. It would be cool if they were involved with Keystone, but no doubt they will be in attendance. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:04 pm

Will we be staying in Pittsburgh,or the outshirts?

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:50 pm

Gorilla, Linda & I laughed like crazy at all your accolades, thank you sir. I know how much you were lookin forward to hosting this year's get together. Bummer it got moved. I have no idea why but it is what it is.
The main thing is that we DO get together somewhere. We have 6months so no rush, but I do understand our folks that fly need to book early. Ok linda is looking into the outskirts of Pittsburgh. For our lodging. ( Downtown Pittsburgh was WAY too expensive $$. )

As far as the track goes, I have never been there, but Bandit & Rocky have, maybe Daryl & Heidi also, not sure.

Yes the track is KEYSTONE RACEWAY , and the show is a Sat nite show. They are expecting 32+ cars this year so it should be fantastic !!
As we know more we will pass it along.

You'res truly, ZAPPY TOURS ( lol)

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:37 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Zappy, Sharon and I were talking last night and we figured if Daryl didn't bring his trailer we would use your motorhome as our DLN's mobile headquarters. We have dubbed your Class C motorhome "Little Italy on Wheels." Every where you go there is a trail of pizza boxes, meatballs and a heavy aroma of garlic wafting in the air. Nary a vampire to be seen for 50 miles. See ya in July. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:49 am

Just as I clicked on this thread the phone rang & the caller I.D. said Philadelphia, PA. I figured they got my number by mistake and were actually trying to reach ZAP & LL, so I didn't answer. :wink:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:09 pm

As it's near Pittsburgh, I'm confident I've been near it 347 times as I've driven the turnpike on my way to Ohio and points West. Will start looking around on Google Maps to see what's up. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:16 pm

We would be happy to bring the "Boss Buds" to use as DLN HDQTRS. We could set up next to, or across from Daryl&Heidi, that way we would have shade for sure. I don't know if they will let me park near Rocky & the other FC's ? I guess it depends on how well connected Bill is ??

If they will let me, that would be great. We'll see.

I'm planning on following the sunshine for a month or so, but we will keep working on it. More info as we get it. Target departure as of now is Jan 26.

I'm assuming Pittsburgh has a large enough airport to accommodate our high flying friends ?

23t

Postby 23t » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:38 am

Were not planning on taking the altered but for sure the trailer. We'll stay the weekend. Don't know where they will let me pit. Be nice to be close to the funny's but it's not as nice as where we were at Quaker. There we could be close and still be out of the way. Be safe on your travels Zappy!

Here's a flier on the deal!

2017 fc nats.PNG
2017 fc nats.PNG (959.8KiB)Viewed 759 times

Return to “Draglist Nationals”