You're watching Drag Racing Underground....

Links to your website, event promotions, and new products. Basically our free promotion forum. Promotional announcements sent to What's Up may be moved here.
Diana The Doc
Re: You're watching Drag Racing Underground....

Postby Diana The Doc » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:56 am

Evan Knoll was drag racing's answer to "Honey Boo Boo" with wheel barrels of ample cold cash... He was once touted as the "$avior of the $port", now he's considered to be one of drag racing's most notorious of shady characters... The government is readying to sentence Knoll with possible lengthy prison time and millions of dollars in fines... What do YOU think is proper punishment for the Torco Racing Fuels honcho who hyped his way into drag racing stardom with a fist full of ca$h and the scruples of a jack***??-- I ask that question of my ultra-intelligent readership today in my ultra-popular alter-ego driven drag racing "strip smarts" sanctioned blog... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Today's blog... WHAT DO YOU THINK SHOULD HAPPEN TO EVAN KNOLL??...
http://www.stripsmarts.com/index.php?op ... &Itemid=27
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:06 am

Today is "FEEDBACK FRIDAY"... We've received lots of emails in response to asking you what sort of punishment (if any) you believe Evan "HONEY BOO BOO" Knoll should receive... Most of those responses were rather unsettling to say the least... Although I try to give both sides a fair shake... Feedback concerning this past weekend's E'Town Nostalgia Summernationals is far more joyful and encouraging... It's all in today's blog... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)....

Today's blog... FEEDBACK FRIDAY... EVAN "HONEY BOO BOO" KNOLL DOESN'T RECEIVE MUCH MERCY...

While Evan "HONEY BOO BOO" Knoll didn't receive much praise from my readers, last Sunday's E'Town Nostalgia Summernationals event certainly did... Here's a pic I snapped at the race... The owners of this car claim it's the original Billy "The Kid" Stepp Pro Stock Demon (The "Mob Gangster" inspired ride from the '70s)... Anyone who disputes that claim will be put in the trunk "Soprano style" and dropped off at an undisclosed heavily wooded location (just kidding)...
Photo by yours truly for the Drag Racing Underground historical image & video archives, now the largest in the world.
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:49 am

Old Bridge Township Raceway Park's Michelle Marchese brought some great news to my attention... As many of you know, "Animal" Jim Feurer will forever be a favorite among E'Town Raceway Park spectators due to his booked-in appearances during the "golden age" of the United States Super Circuit... Having covered those races for Drag Racing Underground and having met the man, I can definitely say that "Animal" was a ferocious competitor at those events, and he's certainly one heck of a superbly spectacular showman... The big news is that "Animal" has been named the Honorary Legend at the upcoming (Sat Aug 18th) 22nd Annual Route 66 Raceway Classic Nostalgia event at Route 66 Raceway in Joliet, Illinois... I think it's most fitting that "Animal" was chosen to be the Honorary Legend for this event... And it's way-cool that "Animal" will be unleashing "Zeke" the Zephyr on the Rt.66 strip to show folks what a real "Mammoth Mercury" can do... I highly recommend this event and discuss the details with my blog... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Today's blog... "ANIMAL" JIM FEURER TO SERVE AS HONORARY LEGEND AT RT. 66 CLASSIC!!...

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:14 am

For some reason bars and nightclubs are actually now promoting "Halloween Parties" in the thick of the Summer season... These same parties seem to be catching on and becoming pretty popular... That being said, I spoke about this new and strange phenom with a friend in the high performance aftermarket biz, and same friend suggested to me that I actually run my traditional drag racing Halloween tale of "Gooseface Gunzo" on this hot 'n' steamy August Summer day.... So, I figure, why not-- I tell the terrible tale of a 1960's drag racer, his feminine sidekick (who looked a lot like Italian heart throb & film actress Gina Lollobrigida), and their trip from an unsuccessful day at the drags gone woefully wrong... THAT'S the special treat featured in today's blog... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Today's blog... THE UNSETTLING STORY OF "GOOSEFACE GUNZO"... A HAUNTING DRAG RACING HALLOWEEN TALE IN AUGUST...

With the new trend of many local bars hosting Halloween themed parties in the Summer, it's been suggested that I run my haunting drag racing Halloween tale of 60's digger driver "Gooseface Gunzo" and his feminine sidekick "Gooseface Gloria". Their unsettling tale of untimely demise is not for the faint of heart. Here's one of the only known renderings of "Gooseface" and his dragster from a vintage T-Shirt recently found at a drag strip swap meet...
From the Drag Racing Underground historical image archives. Story & artwork copyright DRU.

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:10 am

For the first time in history, two women make it to the winner's circle in the pro categories at an NHRA national event, proving that when a lady is staring you down in the opposing lane, you best be prepared to get down to serious business... Congrats to Courtney Force and Erica Enders... I discuss this historic happening in my ultra-popular alter-ego driven "strip smarts" sanctioned Drag Racing Underground blog ... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Today's blog... YESTERDAY'S NHRA RACE WAS A BAD DAY FOR BIGOTS...

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:39 am

After yesterday's blog was already published, my blog gushing with enthusiasm over this past Sunday's historic NHRA Northwest Nationals, the first race in NHRA history where two female drivers claimed pro category wins at the same event, it was brought to my attention that yet another member of the female gender also managed to earn a shiny "Wally" trophy at the Northwest Nationals!!-- This particular gal, Megan Ellingson, was victoious in the brutally competitive NHRA "Sportsman" category of Super Street ... In today's blog I give Megan Ellingson some much deserved recognition for being one of three gals to have made NHRA history... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Today's blog... MEGAN ELLINGSON IS ALSO PART OF DRAG RACING HISTORY...

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:20 am

The more you peruse the drag racing internet, the more you see of bellyaching blowhards who "pretend" to have such a "love" and (cough) "passion" for drag racing, however, their words reveal the exact oppostite... Yeah, I know, I know, they'll tell you until they're blue in the face about how drag racing "ain't the same" as it was "back in the day", and how you can't find races with "64 Funny Cars" anymore, yada, yada, yada-- Well, look, the NFL doesn't have Johnny Unitas tossing the football anymore, and milk ain't a dollar a gallon anymore either-- Holy Cow, Mr. Moo-Boo-Hoo-Hoo, get over it already... I discuss this extremely tedious & tiresome internet trend and offer an intelligent & rational solution in my "strip smarts" sanctioned Drag Racing Underground blog... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Today's blog... DRAG RACING "HATERS"-- WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!?!...

What's up with all the drag racing "HATERS" on the internet?... I understand that a majority of them are cantankerous curmudgeon geezers, but hey, drag legend Bruce Larson is a senior citizen, and he sure seems to be having a good time at the drags (pictured here in the cockpit of the "Midnight Express" digger)... I openly and honestly discuss drag racing's negative blowhards and suggest a surefire cure for what's ailing 'em...
Photo by yours truly. Courtesy of the Drag Racing Underground historical video and image archives (now the largest in the world)

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:38 am

Today I express heartfelt condolences for the family and friends of Mike Romeo... Mike was a great guy and racer who will always be remembered by those in the drag racing community... Diana

Today's blog... REST IN PEACE RACER MICHAEL ROMEO...

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:18 am

Today is "FEEDBACK FRIDAY", meaning I deal with emails received from readers regarding my most recent blogs... We've received loads of emails in response to my blog about drag racing's "Haters", those who type on their keyboards hate towards the sport because it ain't the exact same way it was back in the 60's and 70's... My blog congratulating Courtney Force, Erica Enders, and Megan Ellingson on making NHRA history was received positively by all my readers, all except one, Ralph from San Diego, CA... "Animal" Jim being named "Honorary Legend" for the upcoming Rt. 66 Classic was a hit... All this and much more in today's blog... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Today's blog... FEEDBACK FRIDAY... CRUSTY CANTANKEROUS LOSERS, FEMININE WINNERS, "GOOSEFACE GUNZO" & MORE...

Unfortunately if this sweet little girl is feeling aspirations and ambitions to grow up and one day become a female drag racing superstar like Courtney Force or Erica Enders, bigots like Ralph from San Diego CA believe this cute little babe better squash those aspiring thoughts and just stick to cooking and laundry... Of course I couldn't disagree more with cantankerous curmudgeons like Ralph who are knuckle-dragging their way through life like we're all still living in the stone age...
Who could possibly be so cold hearted and cruel to look this lovely little darling square in her sweet innocent eyes and tell her to give up her dreams of someday becoming a drag racer? The majority of my intelligent readers believe that would be just plain wrong.

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:35 am

Today's blog is what I believe to be good news about a bad thing... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Today's blog... 2ND SUSPECT INVOLVED WITH MICHAEL CONWAY'S MURDER IN CUSTODY...

Return to “Links, Events, and Products”