You're watching Drag Racing Underground....

Links to your website, event promotions, and new products. Basically our free promotion forum. Promotional announcements sent to What's Up may be moved here.
Diana The Doc
Re: You're watching Drag Racing Underground....

Postby Diana The Doc » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:33 am

If you're into muscled-up Mopar machinery, be advised that the 26th Annual MOPARS @ E'TOWN is definitely a "Must Attend" event for YOU!!-- The two day Mopar extravaganza is coming up on Saturday & Sunday August 25th & 26th-- Just 'round the corner on the calendar... Just about every variation of Mopar muscle will be at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park in scenic Englishtown, NJ... That's what I discuss in my "strip smarts" sanctioned blog... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Today's blog... "MOPARS @ E'TOWN" AUGUST 25TH & 26TH!!...
http://www.stripsmarts.com/index.php?op ... &Itemid=27

If you're like Big Stick guest drummer Johnny Kelly (Type O Negative, Danzig, Black Label Society, A Pale Horse Named Death), and muscled-up Mopars are your thing, the upcoming MOPARS @ E'TOWN extravaganza is a "MUST ATTEND" event for you. I discuss details in my drag racing blog...
Photo of Raceway Park photographer John McCartney taking a photo of Johnny Kelly and his SuperBee by yours truly. From the Drag Racing Underground image and video archives (now the largest in the world).
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:25 am

It's FEEDBACK FRIDAY-- I give YOU the opportunity to voice your opinions, whether you agree or disagree with me... Mopars @ E'Town August 25-26 sparks lots of enthusiasm from my readers... "Honey Boo Boo" divides a nation?!?... Folks are happy that 2nd suspect in murder of local drag racer Michael Conway is finally apprehended... Tribute to recently departed "Yankee Peddler" Funny Car star Tim Kushi is genuinely appreciated... This and so much more in my ultra-popular, alter-ego driven "strip smarts" sanctioned drag racing blog... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Today's blog... FEEDBACK FRIDAY... HONEY BOO BOO DIVIDES A NATION?, MY SEMPER-FI FAMILY SPEAKS, MOPARS AT E'TOWN & MORE...

The Mopars are coming!!... The Mopars are coming!!... And many of my readers couldn't be happier!!... Andy from Keyport, NJ wrote-in saying, "I am so there!"... It's the 26th Annual MOPARS @ E'TOWN event Sat & Sun Aug 25th & 26th... I strongly recommend this event for all my friends who are members of the hardcore "Mopar Or No Car" crowd...
Photo by yours truly. Courtesy of the Drag Racing Underground image & video archives (now the largest in the world).
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 am

I give a heads-up to dastardly doorslammer enthusiasts who live within a reasonable driving distance of Old Bridge Township Raceway Park... Tomorrow (Sun Aug 19th) there will be notorious "NO TIME" Grudge Racing, brutally brazing "BIG TIRE OUTLAWS", and more doorcar action than we've seen smack the E'Town strip in recent memory... I provide details and encourage my readers to go... On an entirely different note, I've just been advised that Big Stick music has been loaded up on Spotify, Itunes and the various other cyber music outlets, so I tell my readers they can aim their 'puter's mouse in that direction and check it out... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Today's blog... BIG TIRE OUTLAWS & MORE @ E'TOWN TOMORROW SUN AUG 19TH!!...

The BIG TIRE OUTLAWS and lots of dastardly doorslammer action is being served up tomorrow Sunday, August 19th at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park!! Bold, beautiful and brazing doorcars take to the E'Town strip in brutal Battle Royale!!...
Photo by yours truly. From the Drag Racing Underground video & image archives (now the largest in the world).

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:48 am

It's been confirmed by ESPN that Paul Page will pursue other opportunities in 2013... That's right, Paul Page, the announcer who many drag racing keyboardists NEVER stop complaining about is calling it quits... I discuss why sports broadcasting actually NEEDS Paul Page types in the booth to make it work... I inform readers that If they go on the cyber music site Spotify (it's FREE), and locate Big Stick's "Hot From The Strip" or "Hedonist Chariot" LPs, they'll find a track called "Broadcast Booth"-- A somewhat endearing parody dedicated to drag racing announcers like Paul Page, the kind of broadcast personalities that some folks love to hate-- Featuring action from Oklahoma Bracket Racers, Jet Dragster star Aggie Hendricks and a fictional duel between "Jungle" Jim and Bruce "USA-1" Larson (complete with accompanying race car audio)-- It's a real hoot-- All that in today's "strip smarts" sanctioned Drag Racing Underground blog... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Today's blog... PAUL PAGE "RAGE-A-HOLICS" WILL MISS HIM THE MOST... YOU'LL SEE...

Paul Page "Rage-A-Holics" are going to miss him when he's gone... I encourage folks to listen to John Gill's endearing parody dedicated to the Paul Pages of the drag racing world-- Go to Spotify and locate Big Stick's "Hot From The Strip" LP and play the track titled "Broadcast Booth"-- Ya know, it's FREE on Spotify...
Big Stick finally signed a deal with Virtual Label making the music now easily available on Spotify, Itunes and the various other popular cyber music venues--- And there's quite a lot of drag racing related tracks from Big Stick for your listening pleasure...

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:20 am

"If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It"... It's the tale of a historic drag racing bar that lost its way... The famous Englishtown Road bar & grill that used to serve "Jungle" Jim, Richie Zul, Del Worsham and lots of hungry & thirsty drag racers appears to be possibly going through a mindless metamorphosis... Hope I'm wrong... I discuss this extremely emotionally troubling matter in my ultra-popular "strip smarts" sanctioned Drag Racing Underground blog... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Today's blog... "IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT" THE TALE OF A DRAG RACING BAR THAT LOST ITS WAY...

Here's a pic I recently snapped of the bar and eating establishment formerly known to drag racers as Cantore's, Vitale's, and finally The Race Zone... It appears to have been gutted, with its charming classic wood-crafted bar and complete interior trashed in dumpsters... The old adage "If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It" doesn't seem to apply here, as we see this place going through possibly a complete mindless metamorphosis... Hope I'm wrong...
Photo by yours truly. Courtesy of the Drag Racing Underground historical video & image archives (now the largest in the world).

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:09 am

Yesterday's blog about a historic Old Bridge NJ "Drag Racing Bar" resulted in a local from Old Bridge writing in with his perspective-- And it's a perspective that offers pertinent inside information and good points... I have a stellar reputation as a respected motorsport journalist who staunchly believes in complete disclosure, truth, and honesty in reporting (I know, THAT'S something drag racin' folks don't experience much from some other, ahem, cough, "sources"), I believe in giving the public all sides of a situation, so therefore, I share his side of the story in today's edition of my blog... Hey, guess what?-- There may be some hope for this predicament after all... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Today's blog... A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE ON THE "DRAG RACING BAR" FROM A LOCAL...

Jack Redd

Postby Jack Redd » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:21 pm

Oh my memories of Cantore's after a raceday at E-Town. I still have in my scapebook a picture
taken in the mid-60's of the "JAck Approved Decal" on the silver cash register there with the
lady ringing up our first round of refreshments! lol
My last trip there last year to the "Race Zone" before the "Shakedown" just wasn't like the
"Good Ole Dazes".
Jack Approved!

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:08 am

Jack, you're right, the last metamorphosis of the bar (The Race Zone) was nowhere nearly as intense and filled with that special brand of "drag racing romance" as the original Cantore's was... Cantore's was definitely worthy of your "JAck Approved" decal on the cash register... I sincerely hope when the place reopens under new ownership that it's somewhat decent... Today is "FEEDBACK FRIDAY", meaning I deal with emails received from readers regarding my recent blogs... Of course we received several emails in response to my blog about the emotional "Cantore's", "Vitale's" and "Race Zone" saddening saga... My blog about ESPN announcing Paul Page moving on to greener pastures generates interest... My blog regarding BIG STICK's music (my music thing) now being available on Spotify (for FREE), along with itunes and the other popular commercial cyber music sites caused some of you to write and ask an important question... It's all in the blog... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Today's blog... FEEDBACK FRIDAY... OUR FAVE DRAG STRIP BAR, PAUL PAGE RAGE-A-HOLICS, BIG STICK & MORE...

It's FEEDBACK FRIDAY... You discuss your fave drag strip bar closing down, dealing with "Paul Page Rage-A-Holism", and you ask me if BIG STICK are recording any new drag racing related tunes, which I reply with a resounding YES!-- This analog Otari tape machine is currently busy as heck recording new BIG STICK tracks for an upcoming release...
One thing that Big Stick has learned in this business over the years (besides the fact that a good entertainment attorney is absolutely necessary), is that nothing quite beats the potent punch of "old school" analog multi-track recording... Digital just doesn't cut it...

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:27 am

The big story is that American "Ultra-Super-Hero" Lance Armstrong is no longer going to fight the allegations of using "performance enhancing drugs" to have become the dominating cyclist of the world... Baseball also has its share of "Ultra-Super-Heroes" who've fallen from grace by using "performance enhancing drugs"... And look, I know that in the sport of DRAG RACING, we've had our share of "cheaters" too... I offer a graceful, merciful, though straightforward and insightful take on the subject... I've been in this biz long enough to have seen it all... I tell my readers that before you make the decision to cheat in any sport, or in any facet of your life, give it a long hard thought, weigh the pros and cons, and hopefully after doing so, you'll have enough sense to do what's right, and not take a step in the wrong direction, because stretching the rules almost always results in consequences that place you in the role of a fool... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Today's blog... WHAT'S UP WITH ALL THIS "ALLEGED" CHEATING GONG ON?!?...

I've been in this biz long enough to have seen it all, baby... Cheating, whether it be in sports such as cycling, baseball, DRAG RACING, or in any facet of our lives, almost always results in consequences leading one to play the role of fool... I openly discuss this somewhat controversial and touchy subject with my readers in today's blog...
Yours truly. Courtesy of the Drag Racing Underground video & image archives (now the largest in the world).

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:06 am

After working hard at yesterday's MOPARS @ E'TOWN event, which incidentally was a total blast, I wound up at Garvey's Pub, the place formerly known as the fab rock club Emmett's Inn... When known as Emmett's Inn, it featured the likes of Johnny Winter, Rick Derringer, Leslie West, The Ramones and many, many more... Longtime owner Bob "Emmett" Garvey graciously provided a complete tour and lesson in rock history... Details and a candid pic of Bob with a much younger Twisted Sister in today's blog... Oh, and yes, tomorrow I'll be blogging about the MOPARS @ E'TOWN... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Today's blog... AFTER THE MOPARS, A ROCK 'N' ROLL HISTORY LESSON AT GARVEY'S PUB...

Return to “Links, Events, and Products”