You're watching Drag Racing Underground....

Links to your website, event promotions, and new products. Basically our free promotion forum. Promotional announcements sent to What's Up may be moved here.
Diana The Doc
You're watching Drag Racing Underground....

Postby Diana The Doc » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:56 am

As some folks already know, we're completely re-doing the Drag Racing Underground web site-- a complete "rebuild" from the ground up... Hopefully the new site will be up in a couple of weeks... We've also been busy doing some videos for YouTube, the videos we're putting on YouTube are designed to bring "traffic" to the new DRU site when it's finally up and running... Anyways, we have one video we just put up on YouTube that's a montage featuring folks doing Drag Racing Underground I.D.s for us, you know, those things where you say,"Hi, my name is so and so and you're watching Drag Racing Underground"... Some of the folks included are Connie Kalitta, Joe Amato, Larry Dixon, "Trickie" Rickie Smith, "Jungle Pam" and Shirley Muldowney... There's also a hard working and sweating TV personality who frequents this place... Bobby Lagana Sr. does an I.D., and you'll see a clip of him and his sons pulling out of historic Vitale's restaurant with the "Twilight Zone" Top Fueler being hauled atop their old school ramp truck (it doesn't get much more "romantic" than this in the drag racing world)... See Gary Scelzi and Bob Frey address the kind of cowardly "cyber bullies" and "snerts" who stalk yours truly... And there's some friends who are no longer with us here in the physical world, but certainly with us in spirit, like Malcolm "Strip Blazer" Durham" and Rufus Boyd a.k.a. "Brooklyn Heavy" ("Brooklyn Heavy" is filmed with me while he's sitting outside a Brooklyn NY bodega during the "Head Hunters" block party-- yeah, Drag Racing Underground is so hardcore and "REAL" that we cover the TRUE "underground" stuff like that too, this sport ain't all glamour and glitzy press conferences, ya know...)... And yeah, I'm seen on this thing too doing my job...I thought some of you folks might enjoy it... I put a link below... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

YOU'RE WATCHING DRAG RACING UNDERGROUND... click here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mJ1IP9_nkc
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

Zappy

Re: You're watching Drag Racing Underground....

Postby Zappy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:09 pm

I enjoyed the you tube video very much. It was great to see and hear from a lot of the celebrities, both past and present, that we don't see very much of anymore.

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:17 am

Thanks Zappy... I hope people appreciate seeing some of these folks, including the ones who have since passed away... Malcolm "Strip Blazer" Durham was a true gentleman and he really did "blaze a trail" in drag racing history... Rufus Boyd a.k.a. "Brooklyn Heavy" certainly had a colorful history in Pro Stock and Outlaw Street Racing-- When Rufus passed away, we Fed-Expressed a dvd copy of my entire interview with him (that we did outside a Brooklyn NY bodega at the "Head Hunters" block party) to his family, they played it at his wake and it helped ease some of their sense of loss- I'm very glad we were able to do that for his family... I know that we have a groovy I.D. from Bill Pratt, that I thought should have gotten included, but it was shot at one of the Funny Car Reunions, and for some reason, Steve and Mike didn't use any of the many I.D.s we shot from that particular day on this video... Another tidbit, when we recorded Bobby Lagana Sr. outside of Vitale's bar (the bar just down the road from Raceway Park), Bobby Sr. and his two boys were teasing each other like mad hatters and laughing up a storm, it was CRAZY!!-- But as soon as the camera was rolling on Bobby Sr., he delivered what's probably the most "subdued" I.D. ever!!-- he really switched gears!!-- We should have included some of the horsing around that was going on before Bobby Sr. delivered his ultra-mellow Drag Racing Underground I.D.!!-- And of course getting to feature their "Twilight Zone" Fueler pulling out of the bar's parking lot atop their old school ramp truck is priceless (lots of younger drag racing fans never ever even seen a Top Fuel car getting towed atop of a low-buck ramp truck!!)... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Here's a couple more...
My historic UFO interview with "Big Daddy" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af4hZaHGduA
BIG STICK Tour Diary featuring our trip to historic Sun Studio in Memphis TN http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTFvqwC6E04
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:34 am

Man, I LOVE this music! Great stuff. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:42 am

Thanks Bill... The music on the "Video Tour Diary" are some of my favorite BIG STICK songs too-- And I like the footage of when we visited the Sun Studio is Memphis, TN, 'cause so much great music history was made there... As you know, we're very busy in the studio recording and mixing for a brand new release... We recently finished up a track called "HOOCHIE EXPRESS" with Johnny Kelly of TYPE O NEGATIVE/SEVENTH VOID/DANZIG fame playing drums with us-- Johnny is one of the most naturally gifted drummers in all of rock 'n' roll (and he owns a beautiful '70 Dodge SuperBee, so he's a gearhead like we are, he comes to E-Town and hangs out with us) I put a link below to a video with Johnny and TYPE O NEGATIVE... And of course we have Fred Schneider of the B52s who recorded lead vocals with us on a track called "HOT SAUCE"... Uh, but that said, we still have a few more songs that need finishing up-- Between the complete rebuild we're doing of the DRAG RACING UNDERGROUND site AND gettin' the music done, it's pretty hectic 'round these parts lately... Thanks again for the kind words... I appreciate it... ""The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Check these out to see the musicians we greatly respect and like to have playing with us...
TYPE O NEGATIVE w/Johnny Kelly on drums... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ3aiM8K6D0
B52s w/Fred Schneider... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leohcvmf8kM

...And the BIG STICK VIDEO TOUR DIARY featuring tunes and Sun Studio Memphis...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTFvqwC6E04

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:58 am

In preparation for the new Drag Racing Underground web site (that should be up soon), we've got another brand spanking new video promo up on YouTube... This one features "brutally candid" shots of a whole lotta drag racing folks I've interviewed-- including Don Garlits, Joe Jacono, Bob Rosetty, Dale Creasy Jr., Al "Mousie" Marcellus, Jerry Caminito, Shirley, Chuck Etchells, Steve Collison, Bob Newberry, Frank Manzo, Ron Capps, Rocky Pirrone, Benny The Bomb, Bruce Larson, Leo Barnaby, Dave "Shakedown" Hance, Mike Ashley, Paul Romine, Stephanie (my trusty assistant) and more... It also features a very vintage Raceway Park radio commercial with Joe Jacono mentioned (driving a dragster) and the "Wheeler Dealer"... The video covers my various fashion periods as well... Much of the video is backed with a neat stereo "Sounds of the Drags" audio track... It's brand new, just got put up on YouTube!!... Hope you enjoy... Below is the link... Thanks... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Lots of groovy folks I've interviewed YouTube video , click here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKKoCL4IKFA

Jack Redd

Postby Jack Redd » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:45 pm

I watched "Drag Racing Underground" from above ground. A (JA) Jack Approved happening and website, that you "sweetie" Diana The Doc and every one connected to the group. It was great meeting you two years ago at the "Shakedown" and I am looking forward to seeing you there this year.
Jack Approved!

Bret Kepner

Postby Bret Kepner » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:38 am

Classic John & Yanna! Glad Carolyn Melendy made the cut! Every Big Stick tune is permanently recorded in my cranium.

Someday soon, I'll wear a regular shirt and give you a real "tag".
Bret Kepner
http://www.bretkepnerphotos.com
BRETKEPNER@Prodigy.net
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA

bandit

Postby bandit » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:45 pm

I enjoyed the heck outta this! Thanks Diana
Nano!!

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:18 am

Thanks Jack it was a pleasure meeting you at E-Town, it's always nice to meet folks from this internet thingee, especially the FRIENDLY ones, hope to see you again this season... Bret, we were able to snatch the Carolyn Melendy I.D. when she came out one night to see the E-Town Ultra Quick 8, she's a great gal-- Hope we'll see you at some point so you can give us a "real tag"-- And with all those Big Stick songs "permanently recorded in your cranium", that saves you the effort of having to download 'em to an ipod... Bandit, glad you enjoyed the h*ck out of it... We've got a brand new YouTube video that pays homage to the old school drag racing respirator mask-- It's titled "Ode to the Respirator Mask - Old School Drag Racing"... The new video expresses the romance that so many nostalgia enthusiasts feel for the popular piece of historic drag racing headgear... The HEMI HUNTER Dragster, WINGED EXPRESS Nitro Altered, Nostalgia F/C guy Lou "ACTION MAN" Sgro, and Joe "ROLLIN' STONED" Jacono are featured in the piece... I put a link below... Hope you enjoy... Thanks... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

ODE TO THE RESPIRATOR MASK - OLD SCHOOL DRAG RACING (share the link with all your nostalgia drag friends on the net...)
click here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTrvVi7C_Qg

Return to “Links, Events, and Products”