Jim Van Gordon 1966 fairlane- early 80's record holder?

Post descriptions or photos of old cars, friends, or family members you are trying to locate.
55spyder
Jim Van Gordon 1966 fairlane- early 80's record holder?

Postby 55spyder » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:34 am

hi, i'm hoping someone might have have some old magazines or documents (or know how i can get verification from any of the old, or current sanctioning bodies). about a 1966 fairlane that purportedly held records in 1982,83,84. of A Stock-10.76 @ 124 & B Stock- 10.93 @ 128 .Ran out of the Southern Calif area. in my notes i have written: AHRA Division Record Holder & IHRA High Points Holder(sanctioning bodies might be wrong but should be correct). car was run earlier as i was told it was built in 1967. run and built by Jim Van Gordon. looking for any info concerning those records or any earlier race history/pics.i also have in my notes that it also ran: SS, Modified, D optional, F/X ? i'm not sure if that's all true. but i'm sure about the stock class. car was a springtime yellow GT w/427.also looking for a Randy Chapman who helped build car. both i was told worked for a time at a Ford plant in Pico Rivera ,Calif. car was (i believe) sold out of Foulger Ford. yes, i know where J. VG is . but i am looking for info. from other sources first. i haven't spoken to him in 15-18 yrs. i'm sure he's a great guy. and i know he went on to be a top performance car and engine builder. but, at that time, he wasn't super chatty.any info. appreciated.thx. please send me a message. i don't come look here often.thx again

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:54 am

Good luck. If one of our 300 plus members doesn't know anything about it, there is another ray of hope. We are indexed by Google on a daily basis and this question will be available to the Google search engine. Anyone who searches for some of the terms in your post likely will find this and perhaps respond. Good luck. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Maritime Drag Racing

Postby Maritime Drag Racing » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:43 am

Are you sure you don't mean Jim Van Cleve? He had a Fairlane that owned the B/S record for a long time.

Return to “Desperately Seeking”