68 nova info.

Post descriptions or photos of old cars, friends, or family members you are trying to locate.
gal6xie5
68 nova info.

Postby gal6xie5 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:13 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for info on a race car my family owns. Its a 68 Nova, I'd call it a super stock or pro street car. We purchased it from someone who had it stored at Sacramento Raceway in my cousin's lot in the late 90's. At that time it was yellow with a blue/orange/pink panel paint job. All Steel hood/trunk, the only fiberglass on the car is the bumpers. My cousin seems to remember the car at this race track and several others in the Northern California area. He does know the origanal driver has passed away its one of those "I can see his face but can't remember his name" kinda deals.
Here are some pics right before my bro painted it the first time. The hood carried the same panel design up the 'mailslot' style scoop and the roof. I believe the trunk lid was blue. We havent changed the physical car (roll cage, suspension, etc.). Just the engine and trans. Interior was gutted the only thing nova on the inside is the padded dash. Pontiac steering column/wheel. Sheetmetal panel with the original gages (we think) that still work. Has the traditional twin battery boxes in the trunk, big fuel cell between them and the off switch in the backup lamp on the pass side.

If anyone has any info on ANY 68 Novas from up there can you let me know. I'm really interested in finding some history on this car.
Image[/img]

Return to “Desperately Seeking”