1965 and 1967 American visitors

Post descriptions or photos of old cars, friends, or family members you are trying to locate.
nitromaniac
1965 and 1967 American visitors

Postby nitromaniac » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:45 pm

One of the Americans that raced in the UK in 1965 was Gary Casady driving the Ansen Forgings 400 Junior which was powered by a 365 cubic inch blown Chevrolet according to the records. There are rumours that the car was left in the UK and I would be interested if anyone can confirm either way whether this was the case. If there are records of it racing in the USA after October 1965 this would be confirmation of its return.

I’m also trying to get more info about a car that ran at Santa Pod Raceway in 1967 as part of the US Commando Team with Bud Barnes, Bob Gladstone and Ultra Sonic. It was a twin engined 400 cubic inch injected Oldsmobile dragster said to be built by Tommy Ivo and driven by Ron Pelligrini. It did not make too many runs. The first meeting was rained off and, unlike Ultra Sonic, it didn’t seem to be around much for the rain date meet. I have some more UK contacts who might be able to throw some more light on it but one of the network family in the USA might have more info. It may have been a Michigan based car because Bob George was promoting the meet with Al Eckstrand
Fuel Altereds Forever

Return to “Desperately Seeking”