The Raven

Post descriptions or photos of old cars, friends, or family members you are trying to locate.
mister406
The Raven

Postby mister406 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:22 am

Hello all, I,m looking for information about a car named "The Raven" .It was a 1962 Ford Galaxie that reced around eastern Pa,and New Jersey.It was a black 2 door post car powered byI believe a 406/405 motor. It raced at Vargo Dragstrip and several other local tracks. Thank You
Jerry

Gator

Postby Gator » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:07 am

I remember the Raven.
Fast Ford.
Ran him at the old Hatfield speedway.( yikes...46 years ago !), ( yup, Mr. Marshman's oval track)..Joe McNally has pics of the Raven.

(My 409 fared well.......) <smile>
www.wallybell.com

mister406

The Raven

Postby mister406 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:13 am

Hey thanks for the reply. You wouldn,t know how to contact him would you?And i remeber hearing about hatfield,but,it was just a few years befor I could drive.I was just underage when Vargo closed,but I have been to thier reunion a few times. I also was lucky Enough to get to know Jake Vargo as I started racing.His son is still running a very hot falcon.In fact I just talked to him 2 weeks ago.Jake remembered the Raven but had no idea who owned it or anything else about it. I own a black 62 2 door sedan ,406/405,4 spd car that a lot of guys say it reminds them of the Raven. Hence, the search for a few pics or info.If you know of a way to contact this person, Please let me know. And thanks again
Jerry

Return to “Desperately Seeking”