trying to find my dads 55 chevy D/Gas.....

Post descriptions or photos of old cars, friends, or family members you are trying to locate.
Big Al
trying to find my dads 55 chevy D/Gas.....

Postby Big Al » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:09 pm

Hello everyone, I'm trying to locate my dads old drag car. His name is John Larsen, and raced the car primarily at M37 Dragway in Brohman Michigan. He also raced at Grattan Dragway, Grattan Mi., Central Michigan Dragway, Ionia Mi., and at a track in northern Michigan I believe near Kaleva.

He bought the car in 1969 from a Jim Bolton, it was called "Mr. Jim's 55 SHAKER" it was blue and ran modified production I believe. My dad raced it as it was for a few weeks then decided to tear it down, rebuild and repaint it. He added a 66 chevy van straight front axle, steel tilt front end, and painted it Iris metallic trimed in Maderia maroon. He raced it 1970-1972 then sold it sometime in either 1973 or 1974. He cannot remember much due to health issues, so I have no name nor any idea where the car went when he sold it.

He believes it went to someone that raced also at M37 Dragway and may have lived in Paris or Big Rapids Michigan. I will attach a couple pictures, but they are polaroids taken in 1970 so they are not all that clear. The car had M&H Racemasters on black steel wheels on the rear and had Rader single rib front rims, 327/375hp., 4spd., original 55 rear axle with 5:38 gears. If anyone here has any information on this car, it's whereabouts or anything from the past about it please feel free to contact me. My email address is w_o_t_speedshop@yahoo.com or you can call me at 616-403-3398. Thanks so much for your time, Al Larsen.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:18 pm

Good luck with your search. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Return to “Desperately Seeking”