looking for 68 firebird

Post descriptions or photos of old cars, friends, or family members you are trying to locate.
RickDX90
looking for 68 firebird

Postby RickDX90 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:49 pm

hello all,

I am looking for an old 68 pontiac firebird drag car. It was owned by a friend of mine, Mike Dean of Muncie, Indiana. He sold the car in or around 1993-1994 to a gentleman in eastern Illinois. he has lost the contact information of the guy he sold it to and would like to get in contact with the current owner.
At the time that Mike sold the firebird, it had a 455 pontiac with a powerglide and it would run in the 10.50-10.60 range and often ran the car in super street around division 3. The car number back then was 3169 s/st His home tracks was Muncie Dragway in Muncie, Indiana and Bunker Hill dragway near Grissom Air Force Base in Peru, Indiana.
By memory, Mike was told that this car does race at Bunker hill occasionally, but never has seen the car since he has sold it.
The firebird at the time mike sold it was primarily blue and the quarter panels were silver. The car also had a fiberglass fenders, hood, and doors. Mike also thinks he heard years ago, the owner had taken off the stock firebird front clip and installed a jegster style front clip.

I realize this might be a shot in the dark, but I am trying to help a buddy find his old racecar.

You can contact me, Rick Atchley at rickdx90@hotmail.com or contact Mike Dean at MikeDino1@aol.com

Thanks,

Rick

draglist
Site Admin

Re: looking for 68 firebird

Postby draglist » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:31 am

Welcome and good luck. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Return to “Desperately Seeking”