Great Concert on PBS Last Night

Here's where we go to kick back after the races with our pals. Pour a tall one, punch a few buttons on the jukebox, and relax...
WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:58 pm

STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN...PLAY HARD AND FLOOR IT!!!! On PBS Next!

I know where I'll be for the next couple of hours!!!! Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Gator

Postby Gator » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:12 pm

STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN...PLAY HARD AND FLOOR IT!!!! On PBS Next!

I know where I'll be for the next couple of hours!!!! Cheers, WC1
YES.........
www.wallybell.com

racersforcoffee

Postby racersforcoffee » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:54 pm

....watching the rebroadcast right now. LOS LOBOS!! Just saw John Mayer prove how a live performer can erase any 'pop star' doubts. Great kid!

Back to the Bario---"Mas Y Mas"! They played a theater reopening right here in "America's Wired City" (think whattevah you want 'bout that..) and tore it up for a Sunday Matinee ten years time ago. Haven't caught them since the Furthur Fest. tour, so this is wonderful. Everyone on this bill has played their hearts out. WC, were you there in person?
The Free Market Of Ideas Works Both Ways

www.racersforcoffee.wordpress.com

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:57 am

Shoot, Coffee, I was probably out playing in some smoky roadhouse...sounds like a wonderful night, though...I wish I had more time to explore what's hot these days...see "The Night Shift" in this section for where I've been lately...but last night I watched the Crossroads concert from Chicago, I think you were referring to Seattle as wired city?...before that an Olivia Newton-John show from Oz...she's still got it; she's older now and she has had it rough in the last 10 years, but she survived and she had me going for it all over again. Olivia is just plain beautiful...she has an awesome band, full of multitalented musicians, singers and dancers (they did all that live, no lip-synching and fabricated, rehearsed audience excitement like we get on all of the major network shows)...but I digress. Good call on Los Lobos. They're "The People's Band"...roots-level Americana with a tincture of Barrio, street-wise boogie, cutting-edge pop, punk and some of the best blues available; (Santana meets Savoy Brown?) I feel right at home with them playing. They mix it all together, don't they...David Hidalgo and Cesar Rojas are two of my favorite guitarists of all time. They are a couple of truly classy musicians and they don't compromise their sound...I can only think of Little Feat, Little Village and The Blasters as being in their league...These days, there are some great concerts coming out on TV...I'm avoiding the Christmas stuff...I hear enough of it everywhere else and it does get old, with all respects to those who are doing those shows...but there is a rich and extensive catalogue of music happening on the tube these days...I love this thread...Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

racersforcoffee

Postby racersforcoffee » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:07 am

.....I also just catch what I catch by happy accident- don't usually have access to the tube, but that was 2 hrs. of pure heaven for Bill Murray's lil party of legends. The Steve Winwood/Clapton onstage reunion with Blind Faith material was a shocker!
Tacoma used the "wired city" brand til someone pointed out to hizzoner how often Pierce County was ending up on 'Cops'!! Currently based in that town's west-end 'hood. A couple of clubs keep me occasionally occupied as a designated driver. Kim Simmonds brought the current Savoy Brown power trio edition within walking distance last weekend.

I'd babble more, but I just saw Jim Trillo's fuel alt. on the upper left hand side of this page *jumps up and down* and I gotta go read Danny's stat sheet. Ain't DL Kool??!!
The Free Market Of Ideas Works Both Ways

www.racersforcoffee.wordpress.com

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:39 pm

I just got totally blown away by John Mayer on Austin City Limits. That guy's got it goin' on...head and shoulders above so many others...WC1
PS: He can play and sing and write great songs...
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:15 am

Last night PBS fundraiser had highlights from Johnny Cash tv show.. Carl Perkins and Eric Clapton on stage together was cool among others
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

Return to “Dangerous Bill's Cafe Noir”