The Pets Thread !

Here's where we go to kick back after the races with our pals. Pour a tall one, punch a few buttons on the jukebox, and relax...
WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Thu May 10, 2007 10:59 pm

We're making preparations for Sabbath to return on Saturday. I went to visit him today but he is still pretty out of it from his surgery yesterday. He just laid there kinda knocked-out and dopey...he's got tubes running out of him and he's just really down right now. The doctor wanted to visit with me because I probably won't see her again after today's visit. Debby and the boys will go in to pick Sabbath up Saturday. I'll either be working or on my way to a gig. She said she did not expect him to survive, but he did. Now she doesn't expect him to be able to walk again. I said I hope you're wrong about that, and she said me too. But he got smashed by that dog and it just doesn't look like he'll ever be able to get around. But we'll see. She said we will have to be diligent and attentive to him, and that he should never be allowed outside by himself ever again. He isn't physically able to fend for himself anymore out there. I am hoping he wants to stay inside and that he doesn't give us a hard time about letting him out. I think he'll figure out a way to walk. It won't be pretty, but I can see him figuring out how to hop around once his right hind leg will hold him up again. His left hind leg drags, useless...that was earlier this week before his surgery. Right now he can't move. Poor guy. It'll be great to have him back again, but it'll be a whole new deal and I've already told everybody that we all have to help. I know who's going to do the dirty work, but this is what true love is all about, isn't it? It's unconditional. I look forward to it. Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Fri May 11, 2007 12:22 am

for "some" unknown reason, I have avoided this thread up until now.....I have no idea why, and as I type this....it really doesn't matter, because I am here now, right in the middle of two separate household's heartache....(wait a minute until I can dry my eyes :cry: ......I've always been just an ol softy who could {and did} cry at Maxwell House commercials....but my leaky eyes are ...I guess....for the real deal here......I mean.....some folks would say.."oh it's just a cat.....or......"it's just a dog".......but to Jim.....Bandit was a part of his LIFE.......and I got the privaledge of meeting and hanging out with both of them (albeit for far too short a period of time).......My deepest condolences, my Friend.
and Sabby.......Man!......(long, deep, clenzing breath......).....John...I am blown away.....I really didn't see too much of Sabbath when I was there....but Damn, John...I've spoken to him on the freakin telephone!!....and he Meowed BACK!!!!....That is just one of the coolest Cats (besides You of course) I have ever been associated with........I think that more than anything, because I consider both of you as "Family", that I feel yours and Jim's pain and loss and I grieve not only for you, but with you as well.......
No one could ever replace Bandit, because he was special in his own way......perhaps in the future, another pup can wiggle and squirm his way into your heart, Jim.
John...it sounds like Sabby is on the mend...and that's a Good Thing. He may not get around as good as he once did.....but look at us...do "WE" get around like we once did???.....I think not.......but we manage ( sore knees...bad backs....lousy eyesight....and even iffy hearing...)
I guess what I am trying to say here is......Prayers are being sent to Both households......I love you guys.
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sat May 12, 2007 11:31 am

Very kind and heartfelt words, Billy, and thank you. Sabby was supposed to be coming home today, but there have been complications. He came down with a fever and he's back in ICU. If it continues, we'll have to let him go. We ran out of money to do this with. They've been keeping him alive, more or less, and he has been getting to a point but falling back. His injuries were so severe that it really didn't make sense that he lived through them. It is a lesson we're learning here. Sometimes no matter what you do, even with modern technology, if essentially Sabbath was supposed to die in that attack, we can't change his destiny. Our effort to save him has probably failed; we went way past the best we could do and we can't do any more. How he does today will determine if we will have him back by no later than Monday, and that will be stretching our budget beyond the breaking point. How much we love him is hitting a wall that we didn't want to come up but here it is. WC1
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat May 12, 2007 12:40 pm

Sorry to hear that WC. Hope things turn out O.K. :cry:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Sat May 12, 2007 1:30 pm

sorry John... was hoping for better news today.... :(

bandit

Postby bandit » Sun May 13, 2007 9:01 am

I'm very sorry to hear this, John. I hope and pray for the best for Sabbath.
Nano!!

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sun May 13, 2007 12:40 pm

Thanks very much, you guys. I had all but given up, but they called this morning and told Debby that he's back up and moving around, feeling better again. Now they're saying he'll come home Tuesday if he stays on track this time. Debby told the doctor that we've used up all of our financial options, and the doctor told her she understands. It seems that when Nick (I mean Chris) visits Sabbath, he starts feeling better and gets a new attitude. If he comes home Tuesday, so be it. Problem is, we ran out of money for it yesterday. I'm sure the hospital will work out something with us, but it's all an uphill climb from here, ya know. What bugs me is I am not talking a lot about the cat anymore, I'm talking about money now. I hate that, but it comes down to that aspect of it. C'mon, Sabby. We need you to come home ASAP. WC1
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Sun May 13, 2007 2:15 pm

Possitive thoughts are headed towards ya, Sabby....Get Better!!...and Thats an Order!!!!
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Tue May 15, 2007 12:39 pm

any news about Sabby, John??? 8)
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue May 15, 2007 9:31 pm

Well, I went in yesterday and visited him. The doctor came in and talked to me for a while. Debby and the boys were there today and the doctor also had a visit with them. His fever is down, but the wound on his lower belly hasn't healed. It keeps getting inflamed and it's a gaping wound. He is covered with deep puncture wounds and he has multiple broken bones. He has been in there for 15 days and it has cost more money than I can fathom. His condition has not gotten past a level that would indicate his quality of life will ever be much better than it is today. The doctor advised us that if he isn't showing a better prognosis by the next couple of days, we will have to make some decisions for Sabbath's sake. Nick (I mean Chris) is optimistic, but we all know that what we've spent on this came out of our retirement fund. We can't have him there after Thursday. I sure wouldn't want to live like that. Debby said it's in God's hands, and it has been all along. We've done all we can do and then some. It's a tough time for us, and it's been 10 times tougher for Sabbath. He's suffered more than I could imagine. It's coming down to it, man. The toughest call we've ever had to make. WC1
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

Return to “Dangerous Bill's Cafe Noir”