2008 NBA Season

Here's where we go to kick back after the races with our pals. Pour a tall one, punch a few buttons on the jukebox, and relax...
WildcatOne
2008 NBA Season

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:43 pm

I don't know a lot about whose teams stand where right now, but the Houston Rockets have won 18-straight and are playing the NJ Nets tonight here. Yao Ming is out for the season with a fracture in his foot...the team has been playing out of their minds...they're 3rd in the West going into this game...Rick Adelman is one helluva coach...the craziest part of this deal is 2 losses and they're out of the playoffs...they're playing for their lives...the West is a very tight race...good luck to all...Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Gator

Postby Gator » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:50 am

Even without Yao...!
Very Impressive! (obviously)

How 'bout the CELTICS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
(I've been a Boston Fan for a long time)
www.wallybell.com

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:16 pm

Me, too, even though they beat us in the finals back in '86...Bird, McHale, etc...we're playing them in about a week or so...in Boston. That'll be the big one...as well as the Lakers and Spurs...19 in a row now, with Atlanta and Charlotte up next. Seems that without the big guy there, the Rockets have improvised, gotten a LOT faster, and are buzzing all over the place. Great defense. Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:51 pm

The Celtics came in here and ended that 22-game winning streak...convincingly...Kevin Garnett is an awesome player...it was the first time I missed Yao Ming since he went down. They needed "The Great Wall" against that team. The Rockets looked like a flea circus out there against them. Boston played a dominating defensive game, keying on T-Mac and shutting him down. I'm picking the Boston Celtics to win the championship this season...they made a believer out of me! Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:16 pm

Last night at halftime they had a special ceremony honoring Dikembe Mutombo for his awesome humanitarian contributions not only to the Republic of Congo, where he's from, but for his worldwide charitable efforts. David Stern, the NBA commissioner, gave a moving speech about Deke's 16-year career, the example he set for the rest of the league's players, and his tireless work ethic. He said it's guys like Deke that make his job something he can be proud of. The ceremony, hosted by Bill Worrell, Rockets' TV announcer, was beautiful. Rockets owner Leslie Alexander spoke and said he prays that his children will grow up to be a Dikembe. They presented Deke with a plaque recognizing him as a Houstonian and a great citizen...then they presented him with a check from Leslie Alexander for $500,000 for the hospital he built in the Congo. The standing-room only crowd gave him a long, loud ovation that rocked the rafters after he spoke...he thanked God, his family, and the NBA for giving him 16 years of injury-free basketball...he's 41, he'll be 42 in June. I personally can't think of a more deserving nominee for the Nobel Prize. What a terrific man he is...that was an uplifting moment, for sure. Hats off to Deke...win or lose, he's a champion. Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

Return to “Dangerous Bill's Cafe Noir”