The Night Shift... Continues!

Here's where we go to kick back after the races with our pals. Pour a tall one, punch a few buttons on the jukebox, and relax...
WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:46 pm

The plot thickened considerably just now when the Meadows Place Police Department called here with some information. They picked up 2 kids the other night, questioned them, and the kids told them they'd been upstairs over here smoking pot in Kyle's room. Kyle has a fan in his window...they were also looking for one of the kids who is about to be listed as a runaway. He got picked up during our conversation so the cop knew I wasn't lying that he wasn't here. He told me that. I told the cop that there has been no pot smoking in my house at all, and there is no pot here. He said go search for it, and you'll find bongs, papers, nickel bags, he said I did that with my kids who denied having anything. Just letting you know, we know. Well, you all know me as a very patient, understanding person and I was polite and cooperative with the cop. But when I hung up the phone, the $#i+ flew. The new law here is: NO MINORS ON THIS PROPERTY from now on until further notice. I told Nick, if you have to make phone calls, do it now, because I don't want to have them come up to our door. We're under police surveillance. I know Nick's clean and so is Kyle...the kids were buying the dope down the street and apparently coming over here and smoking it on the side of our house when it was dark and we didn't know they were here. One of the runaways showed up "here" because the kids took our wireless phone outside to him to call home from and our caller ID showed up. See, it's stuff like this that infuriates me. They screwed themselves out of a pretty cool place to hang out. I haven't smoked a joint in 24 years. I don't drink anymore, either. But who has to take on the sins of the world? They better leave us alone, they wore out their welcome very quickly...they have homes, families, let them stay THERE! I'm one very angry Cat...not at Nick, but at his friends who have been sneaking in our house when we're asleep and crashing on the couch in the front room, getting on the internet, who knows what else...the doors will lock at 10PM and I'd better not see any of them around here. Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:28 pm

:( I know the drill first hand as a homeowner/landlord..to some down and out buddies from the 70's.. No minors.. these are/were grown men (most older than me)... who could tell great stories, seemed to always have a couple ben franklins in the jeans pocket on any given day etc.. always bringing home beer, pork steaks and sides.. sometimes even a partygirl or 2... :twisted: .. next thing you know is there are 5 or more strangers in the shop bathroom doing crank or worse and passing out in the 1-man den.. then some of my tools had grown legs, along with some other stuff that just seemed to disapear into thin air... I finally said OK.. It was fun for a while but you guys have to go as i have too much at stake to have the cops come up in here and TAKE all of my stuff just because you idiots drew attention to my address.. I am much better off after sending them all packing, and making new friends lately....
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:02 pm

Yes, I had an old friend show up one day. It was great to see him. He goes, "oh can I use your phone? I have to make an important call..." I said sure, a-hyuck, here ya go...He dials. "Hello, is this Rick? in Dallas? This is Robert in Houston. Yes. Yes. That's right, we have 400 kilos of primo Columbian coming in here tonight. I'll meet you here at my friend's house. Yes, 75 thousand American dollars (this was in 1975)..." His call ended suddenly when he discovered that I had gotten my scissors out and cut the phone line. He was shocked..."Wha...what are you DOING, man?" I said "I'm helping you leave. Right now. Good bye and good luck. Now get out of here and don't come back." He said "Ya see, man, that's why nobody likes you, is because you're so chicken$#i+." I said just go, man. Adios. When I gave up drugs in 1984, 90% of my "friends" never called or came over again. The only reason they were there was because I had drugs and I shared them. Somehow this same situation seems to be happening all over again, but I can be a very scary guy when I become angry over being ripped off. I can go Hiroshima on a dozen people in a split-second, and these kids may have gotten away with some crap over here for a week or so, but the word is out on the street that Mr. Bockelman found out and he's mad. They'll stay away. Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:20 pm

Man, Cat, did you call the police thing or what? Inevitable... you are doing the right thing. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:53 pm

That is JUST FLIPPING CRAZY WC. Lock the joint down, and get the ship back on course. You are making the right calls. I am with you 100% :twisted:
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:05 pm

Thanks...
All quiet here (except for Nick's drum practice). The Blastula guys called from Florida and the bass player called from Chicago today. Alex (bass) will be returning; he's up there working with his brother for the summer. Debby and I talked and we will allow some of the kids over here, but not the ones who were causing and were part of the trouble. Nick has some lifelong friends who have always been good here, and we'll allow them over here on weekends. A girl or two, maybe three, also. But there is a core group of them who were waging a rebellion and pulling off all kinds of boneheaded stunts, I know who they are and they know that I know, and so far I haven't seen them around here (and I'd better not...) So things have settled down. I just hope this peace and quiet (so to speak) will last. If not, my inner argh could easily be unleashed. Nobody wants that to happen. Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:14 pm

Never a dull moment huh WC.

You're doing the right thing. :idea:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:23 pm

Sheesh, Cat.....Sick Goodvibes on em'.....Hope it all works out ok. :?
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:43 pm

This was a pretty tough weekend, gig-wise...we played at Club 21 in Galveston Friday and Saturday nights, both nights to a packed house, but last night stood out...limousines were pulling up and dozens of young ladies got out and came in to the club and danced and partied with all their hearts. I have no idea where all these women come from, but they come there and pack the place and dance the night away. They feel so completely relaxed and loose, and this music definitely does something to them...it releases their inhibitions (along with the drinks) and they just seem to become free of any hangups about their personalities...we got booked for 3 big money gigs from the crowd last night. Pee Wee was awesome. He sang like the giant singer everybody knows he is...He had a crowd of those chicks hanging all over him all night while he sang...his wife was there, but it was not a problem. No harm done, the band did their job...I am to this day amazed by the crowds we get. They just absolutely jam-pack most of the places we play at, and they go crazy for this music. What was tough was the hours. Friday and Saturday night, from 9:30-1:30, then a 3-hour after-gig deal to load up, drive home, load in at home, calm down, then go to bed. I got to bed at 4AM Saturday and 5AM this morning...I stayed home today while Debby and the boys went to Galveston to visit my Dad for his 85th birthday. I need to rest today. Life is good, however, and I'm enjoying every minute of it. Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:56 pm

Pee Wee asked me to make a new metal sign for the band. I did the design and stuff on it, got it ready, made an eps (encapsulated post-script) file out of it at full-size (24" X 24"), and yesterday I went up and asked my boss how much the place we send stuff to to have metal signs made for construction companies charges to make one. He said what you got? I told him it's a deal I made at home for the Pee Wee Bowen Band. He said gimme the specs, so I told him. He said, is it ready? I said yes, it is...then he said just bring the CD up and we'll send it over and have it done for no charge. And he DID...will miracles never cease? I got it back today. They printed it on BOTH sides. I just needed one side done. Here's a jpeg I just made of it. Pee Wee's seen the proof I sent him and he digs it. Our old sign looks like it's been dragged behind the '56 Chevy for a few years. This one's nice and shiny. Life is good! WC1
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

Return to “Dangerous Bill's Cafe Noir”