The Night Shift... Continues!

Here's where we go to kick back after the races with our pals. Pour a tall one, punch a few buttons on the jukebox, and relax...
WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:35 pm

Thanks...I took this picture this morning (it's raining here lightly) to see if the remnants of that dent would show up. It's barely noticeable...heck, it's GONE! Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:30 pm

Great deal WC,,,Glad it worked out so well. 8)
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:24 pm

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Cool Deal WC 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:42 am

Cat, I have recently noticed one of George's 'cousins' scooting around town here. The color on it is darker than George, and is not in the best of shape, but the body seems to be in good shape. I keep meaning to pay closer attention to the condition of the body panels...but I keep getting distracted by the fact that the young lady who drives it is 27,000 different kinds of Cute. :roll: :lol: 8)
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:19 pm

That's interesting, Billy! I do see an occasional lady driving a modern Bug and they usually perk up when they see George. I always wave and smile, but most times they're so transfixed on the image of George that they just gape at him and don't see the smiling Cat behind the wheel. I've met and hung out with New Bug guys...they have a lot of pride and passion in those cars, but I've always seen 'em as a Jetta wearing a Bug suit. I met one guy right while I was in the process of paying Ken for the title to George. He drove up in a $30,000 FEB (Front-Engine Bug) I think it was a 2003 model, and he raved about George and we exchanged contact info. He knows about all the Bug rallys and cruise nights here in town. Problem is, they're usually on nights when I'm playing somewhere with the band. Speaking of the band, I played Wednesday night in El Lago with On-Time Airline on keyboards, Thursday night in Kemah in the heat and humidity and mosquito infestation with Roger Wayne Bailey and the Texas Coast Band on keyboards, Friday night at Texans in LaPorte with Pee Wee, and Saturday night in LaMarque at Carbide Park with Pee Wee for the Texas City High School Class of 1964's 45th reunion...it was by far the best high school reunion I've ever seen...lavishly decorated with period-correct embellishments, a '65 Corvette Stingray parked in the front (Texas City's name is the "Stingarees", and their colors are Orange and Black)...the music went fine, the crowd danced their butts off to everything we played, but it had to be a little difficult for Pee Wee at times, as his late first wife was a graduate of that class and everybody there knew her and him. He's happily married to Jerry now, but the atmosphere, her picture on the wall with the others who aren't with us anymore, and so many folks coming up to him had to be a little bit of an extra burden on him. He handled himself with great integrity and class and he had a big heart for the folks who knew her and talked to him. It was a wonderful, heart-warming evening...BIG crowd and they're all happy to be there...they partied big-time (it appeared to me to be an alcohol-free night, but it didn't matter. They boogied like crazy!) and afterwards they came over to us and hung out (I really wasn't in a hurry to leave...I was enjoying being there) and I told 'em I was Kirwin Galveston class of '67 and they all knew my sister, of course...I'm Sylvia's Brother! To this day...and Sylvia is still at the top of my hero list...anyway, life is good. Thanks, WC1
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:21 pm

:D 8) 8) 8) 8)
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:55 am

I didn't mean to not mention the year of that Cutie driven bug, Cat...but I am not exactly sure what year it is....circa 68 to 73?? Could be any one of those. Regardless, its still a neat little car. 8) (and its driver is still cute as all get out :wink: )
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:29 pm

Wheelz sent me a funny link to a youtube video of an angry cat yelling at another one...I played it and my cat, Batty, went nuts...she was all over my computer, trying to figure out what the heck was going on...it was hilarious! She never did look at the computer screen...she kept examining my speakers! Thanks, Wheelz...that made my day! Cheers, WC1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gJz_F0z ... popt1aus12
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

Return to “Dangerous Bill's Cafe Noir”