Your Favorite Kind of Music

Here's where we go to kick back after the races with our pals. Pour a tall one, punch a few buttons on the jukebox, and relax...
Gator
Your Favorite Kind of Music

Postby Gator » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:06 pm

......I ,
Like all sorts,
But,
A Jazz Kind of guy

You?
www.wallybell.com

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:52 pm

Night music. That could mean blues, it could mean Jazz on occasion, it could mean "Big Log" by Robert Plant, it could mean ANYTHING by Mark Knopfler (of Dire Straits and after), and any slow Roxy Music tune. There's good daytime music, but I like music to eat up long stretches of deserted highway or to walk down a street in old Europe with a bottle of wine in your coat pocket, just strolling and soaking up the history. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

WildcatOne

Re: Your Favorite Kind of Music

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:48 pm

Heck, I like everything. Good music. I hear a lot of different kinds of music because I listen to college radio primarily (no "Matress Mac", a local furniture dealer who is constantly yelling at us all day and all night long on the commercial stations to buy his junk)...college radio plays it all, from A to Z and they have extensive libraries of music from all over the world. I can tune in to KTRU (Rice University Radio) and hear everything from Lionel Hampton to the Dead Kennedys to the Dave Clark Five to Bobby Bland to heavy Opera and back again in one day. You rarely hear the same thing twice on KTRU. I'm known as a blues and rock 'n roll player in town, but those folks'd flip if they knew I came home and put on some Henry Mancini or some Tibetan Buddhist chants to help illustrate my thoughts. It's all good. Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Maritime Drag Racing

Postby Maritime Drag Racing » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:25 am

Blues mostly - even the really old stuff. Probably because I was exposed to a bunch of 78 RPM blues records as a child in the 50's. My favourite Rock tunes? Anything from 1967 through 1977 if you omit the bubble gum and the disco and add a little herb. Today's music? The Country Music channel has some good good stuff on sometimes but I usually only turn it on to see all the Musclecars in the videos.

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:41 pm

8) hi WC.... I just got a flyer in the mail from Brook Mays Music Group. know anything about this outfit? looks like some decent prices on stuff , just to use around the house makin noise

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:22 pm

Brook Mays? Yeah, they have a couple of stores here...I bought my '77 Guild D-45 acoustic from them in early '78 with my income tax return. They have a store on the North side that is as good as any Guitar Center I've ever seen. The only unfortunate point I must make is that their salesmen are jerks...it's that way just about everywhere except for Guitar Center here. The guys at Guitar Center are courteous and helpful, alert and happy to hang out and listen and offer advice...but only if asked. It's the other way around at the other stores. I have walked out of a lot of stores with big money still in my pocket because of the salesman's attitude. I bought the Guild there in '78 because I wanted the guitar. The salesman treated me like dirt. I made him work. He had to let me test 24 guitars before I decided on that one. When I paid the $800 for it (in 1978 dollars), he did not thank me and he tossed the receipt in my direction and walked away to the back room to get high again or something...Brook Mays has competitive prices; in some cases the best, but you have to put up with their crap when you walk in. My 2 cents! Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:53 pm

:D yea ok WC.... was just wanting some input on their 10 watt stuff :D

Gator

Postby Gator » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:10 pm

Sonny Rollins sweet Saxaphone......smooth..and
The one and only..the late Paul Desmond..God He was awesome(Brubeck)
www.wallybell.com

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:50 pm

You have exceptionally good taste, 'Gate. I've been on a Louis Armstrong kick all week. I got to play some Dixieland Saturday night and it's not for the faint-hearted. You basically tear the song to shreds...everybody in the band does...and it all falls into place...Pete Fountain...Preservation Hall Jazz Band...Stephane Grapelli and Django Reinhardt...Al Hirt...YEAH...WC1
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:38 pm

8) anything that has structure, lyrics that make sense and can be understood, acoustic guitar leads.. horns are great as are real strings.. not a fan of drum solos or 2 note loud metal crunch....

Return to “Dangerous Bill's Cafe Noir”