Rock n Roll Hall of Fame on HBO

Here's where we go to kick back after the races with our pals. Pour a tall one, punch a few buttons on the jukebox, and relax...
draglist
Site Admin
Rock n Roll Hall of Fame on HBO

Postby draglist » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:24 pm

Emily and I have been watching the Fall 2009 Rock n Roll Hall of Fame concert this afternoon and we are having a great time. Talk about something that's great to share across the generations... bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

WildcatOne

Re: Rock n Roll Hall of Fame on HBO

Postby WildcatOne » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:54 pm

Yes, it certainly is. The bond that I still have with my teenage son and the 26-year-old teenager is that I'm a 60-year-old teenager...we have ROCK 'N ROLL in common...
Theirs is a different breed of it, but they respect "old school" rock and they are quick to recognize posers and phonies, of which there are many in that art medium, as well as great musicians, songwriters and performers. I was honored to have Kyle with me when I went to a Jerry Lee Lewis / Little Richard show a few years ago. Kyle could have been at Reliant Stadium for the Metallica concert; it was Hetfield's birthday and anything could happen (and does at Reliant Stadium...remember the wardrobe malfunction...) he said Metallica will be back, but this is a chance to see the pioneers of rock 'n roll, both of them in one place at one time...there's no telling when or if they'll be back...we had a blast! I, in turn, went to a Marilyn Manson concert at Verizon Wireless Center with Kyle and had a wonderful time. Don't ever let anybody say those guys can't play...they play like a Top Fuel dragster, only longer. They have teams of tech guys behind their amps running their stuff through processors and so forth. It ain't just a band standing there, it's dozens of people working a system...It's a different deal than us old guys, but man, what a sound. Marilyn's schtick was hilarious. He's laughing all the way to the bank, and the biggest jokes were on him that night. Anyway, I digress. I do believe a tie that binds is music, and rock 'n roll has been around long enough to keep generations in touch now. Great post, BP! WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Diana The Doc

Re: Rock n Roll Hall of Fame on HBO

Postby Diana The Doc » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:38 am

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame programming on HBO was definitely a treat... Stevie Wonder was great... Simon & Garfunkel proved that their music stands the test of time and remains strong... U2, Bruce Springsteen and Patti Smith did a great rendition of "Because The Night"-- On a side note, Patti Smith is recording at the same studio that we're recording/mixing at-- She's certainly a unique talent... In regards to Little Richard, yes, he's quite the dynamo of a performer-- If you ever get the opportunity to see "Let The Good Times Roll", a concert/documentary/movie that was released back in the 70's, I highly recommend it-- Little Richard brings the house down with his eclectic energy... Little Richard's an amazingly gifted rock 'n' roller... On a sad note, last week we lost Peter Steele, the founder/singer/songwriter/bassist of Type O Negative... Peter died at 48 of heart failure... He was an incredibly talented musician, with a deep baritone voice like no other in rock 'n roll... He was a "gentle giant" at a height of 6 foot 7 inches-- Peter wrote songs from the heart and he had a sharp sense of humor too... Sometimes we hang out with Type O Negative drummer, Johnny Kelly, at Raceway Park-- Johnny has a classic Dodge SuperBee that he occasionally races at E'Town's big Mopar events--And we might have him play drums on a new track of ours-- Johnny and the rest of the band are all world-class musicians... Peter Steele's passing is a major loss for the music community... People with the kind of talent that Peter Steele had don't come around too often in this music biz-- So, it's a tough loss... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

Return to “Dangerous Bill's Cafe Noir”