Racin' and Rockin'..."JB's Take"

Here's where we go to kick back after the races with our pals. Pour a tall one, punch a few buttons on the jukebox, and relax...
WildcatOne
Re: Racin' and Rockin'..."JB's Take"

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:21 pm

My pick for Racer of the Week is Moe Alfaqih, from Cheektowaga, New York. Moe was recommended to me by our friend and the top guy of the DADs Old-Fashioned Drag Racing group, Don Turner. Thanks, Don!

To know that Moe is one of the most popular and respected drag racers in the Northeast, I had to look no further than the response his graphic post received once it went online. Moe is #2 all-time for likes, comments and shares, behind only Bret Kepner's feature from 2014.

Moe's Mustang is an incredibly powerful, quick and fast street-legal hot rod. I've watched videos of the car racing and it is shocking how quickly it gets off the line and up to speed. Moe never lets up, and he has notched dozens of wins in several series over the last few years...but as everybody who knows him can attest, there isn't a nicer guy to run with. His family is behind him 100%, and they help as his pit crew at the races.

Moe grudge races alot and he really doesnt want the info on his car out there but he did give me some details.

The "Copper Camel" is an '88 Foxbody Mustang, with stock-style suspension; it runs on a 29x10.5" slick and some times he uses a drag radial. The engine is a BBC backed with an Ultimate converter and a Rossler 2 speed turbo 400. He gets the most out of it, as many of his competitors will tell you.

Moe's goal is to try and to win every race he attends. He does all the nitrous work and suspension tuning. His good friend Michelle Pegano helps him with the Race Pak and electronics. He said sometimes he gets too busy with the car so she goes over the runs for him with the data readouts.

Moe's wife Leonarda packs the chute, his daughter, who is 13, does the tire pressure, and his son, who is 9, prepares the nitrous bottles for him.

Overall, Moe's family and he have this passion for racing and in about 3 years his daughter will turn 16 and take over the car...

Moe's accomplishments as a drag racer and as a man are what makes our sport the best. I've chatted with him over the last couple of weeks and he is about as down-to-earth and likeable as it gets.

There is much more to his story, as I know he has his own tire and automotive repair company and he races in many series, settings and events, but I'd recommend checking out his racing. There's a great video of Moe racing former Racer of the Week Mike Smith on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa3ZDctNuhc
Moe, we wish you good luck, safe racing and the best of times in the future!
Attachments
Moe_Alfaqih_Nov_26_2018_FB.jpg
Moe_Alfaqih_Nov_26_2018_FB.jpg (521.53KiB)Viewed 4979 times
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:33 pm

Well that was cool and the track is here in Ohio, Quaker City Motorsports Park.
One cool strip and one cool car. Thanks for the video. :D

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:11 pm

My pleasure, Wheelz. The DADs group are good people.
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:13 pm

My pick for Racer of the Week is Neil Townson and Northern Spirit Racing, from Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom. Neil was recommended to me by our friend, former Racer of the Week and the director of the Supercharged Outlaws UK group, Andy Fadster. Thanks, Andy!

Neil's '32 Ford Altered is a marvelous work of art, and it's a holy terror on the dragstrip. Neil gave me a lot of information about this fascinating, exquisitely detailed and long-living hot rod.

Motor racing has always been in Neil's family. His dad (Ged Townson ) built and raced Brisca F1 Stock Cars for many years his my uncle John Williams ( who is the Dad of Ray, Norther Spirit's 2nd crew chief).

The bodyshell of the car is a 1932 Ford, built by: Northern Spirit. The engine is a 500 cubic inch Keith Black stage 10 Hemi. It has Stage 5 heads, Brooks rods, a Bryant crankshaft, Venolia pistons, the fuel system was built & designed by Northern Spirit. It has Mallory ignition, Mallory a Mooneyham 14/71 blower, a Crower clutch, the gearbox is a 2-speed Lenco, the rear axle is a 9" Ford with a 4:30 ratio. The car rolls on Center Line beadlock wheels with 36" x 17.5" slicks. Neil wears Crow seatbelts and pulls Twin Simpson chutes. The computer is by Northern Spirit - Pen & Paper. His best ET is a 7.50, Best MPH is 198. The car has a best 60ft time of 1.0918.

In the early 80s, Neil's girlfriend Tracy (later to become his wife) obtained tickets to Santa Pod Raceway for something called drag racing. Neil wasn't that interested, but she dragged him there. They were blown away by the quality of the cars, and any all of them would have been at home in a top car show.
Neil was very interested in the fuel altereds, especially by Mickey Mores and Ollie Burns' altered (the over the hill mob).By the end of the weekend They were in love with the sport. Neil and Tracy spectated for a few years and then decided to build their own small altered. They ran it for a few years and had lots of fun and made loads of lifetime friends.

In the mid 90s Neil decided he could build a fuel altered and started plans. He met Martin Hannis at a car show with his alcohol funny car Martin gave Neil a crash course on blown alcohol motors. Neil said Martin probably doesn't remember but Neil has never forgotten the information and advice he gave him that day.

Another man that gave Neil all the advice he needed was the late and great Gary Burgin. A truly talented gentleman and sadly missed by all. Neil met up with a guy named Smax Smith and he gave Neil the chance to crew for him on his fuel altered and his top alcohol dragster for a few years.

Neil obtained a chassis from a Tom Hoover Showtime Funny Car, then started slowly building a Keith Black motor for it. Neil's other love in cars is the 1932 Ford 3 window so he had to have one on the altered. Neil bought a new street rod body and cut it up. He can always remember his very good friend Glyn Jones nearly crying as Neil cut it up to get the desired affect he wanted. But he was smiling at the end because the body turned out just fine.

The car has won many cars shows and three supercharged outlaw championships over the years. Neil's heros in the sport are John and Ashley Force. Neil and Tracy met them in 2014 at the JFR Anaheim headquarters; an absolutely amazing experience. His goals are to keep racing and keep on having FUN.
Neil said he would like to take this opportunity thank his wife and his girls, who thankfully love the racing as much as he does. He sends a massive thank you to his crew because without them, he wouldn't be racing. Tracy- Rachel -Jess -Josh -Nat and Carla.Neil allso gives a big thank you to Good Vibrations For their continued support for the Supercharged Outlaws UK. He said to all the super Charged Outlaw teams, its a fantastic club with fantastic people. And he thanks DragList LIVE for his feature tonight.

Neil, we wish you good luck, safe racing and the best of times in the future!
Attachments
Neil_Townson_Dec_03_2018_FB.jpg
Neil_Townson_Dec_03_2018_FB.jpg (629.13KiB)Viewed 4811 times
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:44 pm

My pick for Racer of the Week is Josh Pruitt, from Inman, South Carolina. Josh was recommended to me by our friend Judy L. Crayne. Thanks, Judy!

Josh's '63 Ford Fairlaine is an outstanding hot rod, home-built, and running as a top contender in the Southeast Gassers Association series. It's a period-correct C/Gasser, as are all of the cars in the SEGA, and he has delivered awesome on-track performances with it to match his off-track popularity.

The Southeast Gassers run 1/8-mile tracks, and it's perfect for these cars. Josh has taken to this system excellently.

His best ET has been 6.48 @ 105 mph. The engine is a 311 cubic incher with a Hightower H-pattern transmission running a 600 gear. When Josh was in high school, he had an automatic Fox Body Mustang that he raced and when he found out about the Southeast Gassers, he wanted to race with them, so he, his Dad and his Grandpa built the car.

Last year was actually his first year racing a straight drive and he placed 2nd in the points standings for 2017 and won Rookie of the Year. They got the car out of the junk yard and they all built it at their shop at home. Josh's Grandpa actually painted the car and Josh, his Dad and his uncle have done all the mechanical work on it. And just about how he got the name Young Blood, he is the youngest driver in the group.
Josh sends thanks to his sponsors:
Pool Time & Supplies
B&D automotive
Byrd’s Towing
Busch’s Racing Engines
Headers by Performance Fab
And he sends special thanks to all his family and friends for the support they have all given him.

Josh says to come check out the Southeast Gassers this upcoming season and to check out his racing page: SEGA Youngblood Racing.

Josh Pruitt is a great guy with a great future in our sport. Everyone I talked to had nothing but the best things to say about him. He's definitely on the right track, and I expect to hear many more great things about him down the line.

Josh, we wish you good luck, safe racing and the best of times in the future!
Attachments
Josh_Pruitt_Dec_10_2018_FB.jpg
Josh_Pruitt_Dec_10_2018_FB.jpg (543.08KiB)Viewed 4656 times
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:00 pm

My pick for Racer of the Week is Terry Ayers, from Sherrard, Illinois. I was able to contact Terry with the help of his sister, Dee Ayers Allison. Thanks, Dee!

First, let me say I've talked with Terry a few times over the last month or so, and he's doing fine. He's back to his old self and enjoying life more now than ever. His driving a race car is on indefinite hold, not by choice, as he said he has had lingering effects that have made him feel safer not being out there on the drag strip. He's had a couple of offers to drive for other teams and although he really appreciated the offers, he felt at this time that he had to decline although he has good clients. It's not quite been half a year since the accident, and he said for now he's got to take a break. He said he's dealing with it one problem at a time.

Terry closes out Racer of the Week for 2018. I picked him from having seen him go through something no drag racer ever wants but sometimes has to endure: a crash during a run. He said he doesn't know what caused it; the only thing he said could have been a factor was that it had rained previously, but a wet spot wasn't proven to have made the car suddenly hit the wall. That part of it will remain a mystery.

He'll be at the track next season, helping teams with their cars and being back with the people and the environment he's loved all his life.

Terry's hot rod was a 1927 Super Comp Ford Roadster called "Her Last Dollar". It ran a 434" small-bock Chevy. He had great success with the car, being a winner in the 9.0 class and for 2 years he was the runner-up in the Cordova series. He has been at it in Super Comp for decades, having driven a Front-Engine Dragster and for 10 years, he ran a '66 Chevelle.

22 years ago, I endured a level-2 concussion. I was knocked unconscious from having run into a bookshelf while I was looking the other way. It took a year before I was able to organize my thoughts, re-learn how to count money, tell time, remember which car and house and wife was mine, and how to do my job according to methods I had implemented. Much of what I went through between 1996 and 1997 is humorous to look back on, but while it was going on, it was no picnic. There were times when I'd be panic-stricken just trying to find my way home. My injury wasn't anywhere near as bad as what Terry went through, but I understand his situation. It takes time.

He is one of the most popular and respected drag racers in the Quad Cities Area. The outpouring of love and prayers he received was overwhelming and he is touched by everyone's concern and best wishes. He's OK, folks. He's handling his situation with class and integrity. He'll be back, if not as a driver for the forseeable future, but in person helping others at the track. We look forward to seeing him out there.

Terry, thanks for accepting our offer to be a Racer of the Week. We wish you the best of times in the future and a safe and Happy Christmas and 2019!
Attachments
Terry_Ayers_Dec_17_2018_FB.jpg
Terry_Ayers_Dec_17_2018_FB.jpg (534.97KiB)Viewed 4503 times
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:44 pm

Jan072019
My pick for Racer of the Week is Ron Smith, from Croydon, Victoria, Australia. Ron was recommended to me by our friend in Oz, Rachel Mudford. Thanks, Rachel!

Ron’s 1959 Ford Anglia 105e called "Angas" is a marvelous nostalgia gasser, and Ron and his car are a popular and respected drag race team on the circuit. Ron is an immensely talented and creative guy, and his KustomBitz shop provides outstanding service to all his customers as well as Ron’s inventions, which blew my mind when I saw them. I’m going to quote Ron’s story to me in the first person, as he told it in an email that he sent last week:

As I like to say I am a low budget chicken poop bracket racer, so each dollar spent is wisely put, although at times I do wonder. The aim is for maximum fun in a light weight, low stressed package. When I was a young teenager there were a few of these English Fords running at the drags because they were cheap and plentiful over here. Not much has changed. They are still relatively cheap to get a body to work with. There were more English Fords sold over here in OZ than the American body styles back then so those English body styles dominated the modified class fields back when I was younger. Because the old bodies were everywhere in wrecking yards, they were lightweight and you could stuff big engines in them.

This car’s history is a little unknown in specific detail other than I managed to locate through a Facebook group a photo of the car back in the early 1980s racing at Wyalla in south Australia which had the same paint on it when I bought it. It was running a 4 cylinder engine back then as indicated by the faded class decals of the time etched into the back side plexiglass windows which was E/MP. E being 4cyl and MP for modified production. The paint was all peeling off in large chunks so it all had to come off and under that paint I found another layer of race paint - flouro stripes similar to the ZZ Top 34 Ford coupe, so my guess is it became a drag car sometime before that; it may even go back back to the 1970s.

The build
It had been chopped and it had a 4-point roll cage in it, but that had no chance of protecting me in a big crash so I went about fabricating a mild steel 8 point cage with proper triangulation to stiffen up the mono construction frame and bring it up to current ANDRA tech. I then tied the roll cage into key structural parts of the mono frame so its extremely rigid yet quite light weight overall. The view was always to put the front wheels in the air, I just love that, so it had to be strong and rigid to run straight. The car still retains the original floor pan from the boot to the bottom of the firewall, where it changes. The fire wall is custom made to allow the engine to be set back as far as most class rules allow which is the back of the head cannot be further back than the bottom of the stock windscreen. This allows me to run in other classes if for example they are not running Vintage Gas at a particular meeting. There is a whole picture history of the build on face book at www.facebook.com/AngliaGasser

Engine
250ci Ford straight 6 Cylinder crossflow engine. The engine originally came out in Australian full size family sedans in the mid 1980's through to early 1990s; they were torquey engines that could tow a mobile home easily. The short block is basically the same as the early 6 cylinder Mustang engines of the late 1960s. Ford Australia designed a high port efficient crossflow alloy head to meet good fuel economy and emissions standards that stemmed from the fuel crisis of the 1980s. These alloy head crossflows make easy power, I am making over 1hp per cubic inch NA by 5500rpm in an engine that weighs approx 105kg [about 240lbs]. I run the early 200ci longer rods and good cast pistons with the later 250ci crank and block. The engine has been meticulously machined and balanced to make it live when revving it to 7000rpm. Hi comp and a mental hydraulic cam, 650fcm dp brawler carby, AussieSpeed 4 barrel intake manifold and an ICE digital ignition. It runs on Sunoco GT 260 Plus racing fuel, and boy that's a sweet smelling fuel when burnt.

Drive line
Australian Borg Warner single rail 4 speed gearbox, the alloy case model which is not that strong as the early top loader, so I run a standard but good quality Exedy clutch for a bit of give' in the driveline. It runs a Toyota Hilux shortened diff with a full spool and drum brakes, with 11" Disc brakes up front rotating on 39 Ford spindles mounted on one of my custom made straight axles. It still runs leaf springs for diff location so hook up is controlled via custom made long slapper bars that maximize the tyre hit.

Aim - is basically to have a bucket load of fun in the first instance and promote the AussieSpeed brand of performance products that I am a factory outlet for. We are on the slow side at the moment, However naturally aspirated the math tells me its potential is a low 12 to high 11 on the qtr mile but reality has proven I need a 5th gear on the qtr mile for this package, so I’m working towards that now. Its set up well for 1/8th mile, best so far is 8.8sec, I think there is a full second in it yet on the 1/8th mile as I get the car dialed in and get used to it, so it could dip into the high 7s on the 1/8th mile. I need time in the the car, it’s still fairly new and there are a couple of tech problems to sort through. Once I've achieved the naturally aspirated goals I will step the fuel up to a higher octane and run a 10lbs boost roots blower on it and that should put the car up to the pointy end of the field and push the limits of the chassis combo. I am comfortable to push this combo into the low 11s maybe high 10s I guess I will see how it behaves and if my skill set gets me there first, that's the challenge for me. I like all the tech nitty gritty. Once there just make that combo super reliable and then move onto building another light weight gasser with a slightly longer wheel base with ladder bar rear end to run a Ford Windsor engine combo that could dip down into the 9s but that's a long way off yet.

Our Local Nostalgia Scene.
Has been around for a while, quite a few years in fact but only in the last couple of years has gained some serious momentum with many new cars being built or resurrected from the old days. My club Australian Nostalgia Racers [https://www.facebook.com/australiannostalgiaracers/ ] is a grass roots drag racing club, with many experienced racers and a few well known group one racers from days past that are still involved in the club. As a club we run and promote our tri-series in conjunction with each of the three tracks in the southern Australian state of Victoria, we run at these 3 regional tracks where we make a weekend of it, we race Chicago shoot out style, so you get 4 to 5 runs for the day, its competitive on the track but the time slip does all the talking and at the end of the race you shake your competitors hand. As always headlined by the Vintage Gas "GASSERS" bracket plus top eliminator, Middle Eliminator, Top Gas, Aussie Muscle, US Muscle and Hot Rod. I tell you they are such a fun weekend, you camp at the track, race from dawn till dusk, listen to competition engines all day with that sweet smell of burnt racing fuel in the air, look at cool race cars and chat with the owners, and at the end of the race day stand around a camp fire with a beer and tell each other all your old stories again. This year 2019 we will be running at Portland on 23rd March, Swan Hill in May and Mildura in August. Its is great for spectators too, you can get up close and personal with the racers and their cars, we all love talking about our cars and old racers we all remember back in the day.

About me
I'm 52 years old and I run a small hot rod and custom workshop called Kustom Bitz in the leafy outer eastern suburb of Croydon in Melbourne Victoria. I established it back in 2007, I have a diverse skills set which can be loosely defined as I work with all the metal engineering of the cars, from the chassis right through to making body panels. I have an excellent understanding of chassis suspension geometry, best practice engineering fabrication methods and manufacturing of critical components. I also tailor street rod drive lines to suit customers needs, fault find, perform correction work, and do general mechanical maintenance and smash repairs when required. I tend to do the work others can't do and I do like the odd ball build where you take some obscure old car and hot rod it in the most coolest way possible. I can do as little or as much as the customer wants, from some simple fabrication to cover areas they might be deficient in their skills, to complete turn key cars, however I don't do paint, I paint my own cars but all customer cars go out for paint to various paint shops before they return to be completed. This is a lifestyle thing for me I just really like the work and I want to get better and better till I go, I still think my best work is ahead of me. Most of my family - dad, sister, brother in-laws and cousins are hot rodders or car guys and girls of some description, so its in the blood, its all I think about, its all I want to do. I like to build cool custom cars and make them go like a cut cat full stop, that's who I am, but I don't suffer fools so I am a bit choosy on the work I take on.

I would like to thank.
My wife Jane for putting up with me and going with out a lot so I can race.
Rachel Mudford for nominating me, I will get her back at some time in the future.
My close mates for helping me in so many small ways, they know who they are and it does not go un-noticed.
Australian Nostalgia Racer members who welcomed me right from the start, I'm having a ball dudes.
Mark at AussieSpeed, Tony at Speedworks and Eric from Goody's Garage, all instrumental for me getting the tech right in my head and bounce ideas off.

Ron, we wish you good luck, safe racing and the best of times in the future!

So John, assemble it, add to it or delete as you see fit mate, I hope I have covered enough to give you enough material to fluff up a spruke.

If you want some perspective on the Australian Nostalgia Racers scene compared to the US scene Rachel Mudford and her hubby have travelled to the states a few times and crewed for Peter Russo on his nitro funny car in the US. She loves the Bakersfield cackle fest too. Rachel has grown up in a drag racing family rich in connections to Ozzy drag racing legends so shoot her a message if you are looking for material or meeting reports I reckon she would thrive on something like that. Regards Ron.
Attachments
Ron_Smith_Jan_07_2019_FB.jpg
Ron_Smith_Jan_07_2019_FB.jpg (574.08KiB)Viewed 4105 times
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Oh man is that an unusual looking car!! I love it. :D :D :D
Wish it didn't cost so much to ship one back to the states as those puppies are expensive here.

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:24 pm

True that, Wheelz. Ron did good building and racing that car...it's a unique hot rod and I'll bet it's FUN which is what Ron built it for! Thanks, WC1

My pick for Racer of the Week is Zach Schlumpf, from Evansville, Indiana. I found Zach in an online search and I was very impressed with the excellence of his ’65 Chevy II bracket race car. Zach and his Dad, Billy Schlumpf’s Throwdown Motorsports page is a great detailed story of the family’s racing history and it’s worth your time to visit!

Zach has been drag racing for 25 years. He started in Junior dragsters when he was 10. He moved into the 65 Chevy II when he was 16. His most notable accomplishments are: He was the Chandler Motorsports Park Super Pro Champion in 2005 & 2008, he runner-upped at the Jegs US Open in 2011, and he was the Jegs Summer Door Car Shootout Winner in 2015.

As for the car, it was built by Zach’s Dad, Billy Schlumpf and Zach, and has always been a work in progress. It currently has an aluminum-headed 383 built by Zach and his Dad. It burns alcohol featuring a Siebert Performance Carb. The transmission is a Powerglide built by Firecracker Performance. It has a ladder bar suspension, the rear end is a ford 9" with 5.13 gears. The car runs 6.20s and 30s in the 1/8th mile at around 107 mph.

Zach would like to thank his Dad Billy Schlumpf who owns and operates Track Master Balancing, Luke Siebert of Siebert Performance, Luke Bogacki of This Is Bracket Racing Elite and the Jegs Summer Door Car Shootout, Jerry and Jeremiah Hall of Firecracker Performance Transmissions, Jeff Lambert of racesponsorships.net, Jake Hodge, Zach’s partner on the podcast, Dialed In with Jake and Zach which is here:
https://dialedinwithjakeandzach.podomatic.com/,
and the Facebook page for the show is here: https://www.facebook.com/DialedIn000/
Zach especially thanks his wife and teammate Kristin Schlumpf.

Zach said his goals are to win as many big buck bracket races as possible and to grow the Dialed In Podcast into a prominent racing media outlet, while also growing his own racing team, ThrowDown Motorsports, to be a great marketing partner that helps businesses grow.

Zach told me he appreciates the opportunity to be featured on the show very much.

Zach, we wish you good luck, safe racing and the best of times in the future!
Attachments
Zach_Schlumpf_Jan_14_2019_FB.jpg
Zach_Schlumpf_Jan_14_2019_FB.jpg (515.14KiB)Viewed 3735 times
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:01 pm

My pick for Racer of the Week is Thomas Warren, from New Milford, Pennsylvania. Thomas has been a good friend and a member of the DragList Super Crew for many years. His hot rod is amazing, as is everything about this talented and dynamic guy.

Thomas’ car, the “Bad Example”, whose name came from Molly Sue, is a unique yellow 1935 Chevy Master Coupe. It has a 1936 Chevy hood, side panels, grill shell, grill insert and 36 headlights. Headlights are on a 35 mount to the fender. The fenders and running boards are the same for a 35 master and a 36 standard. This body style is a second-half 1935 change. The early 35 standards had a 1-piece windshield, a hole in the roof, regular opening doors and some other small features. Thomas’ has the first all steel roof for Chevys, a 2-piece windshield and had the only suicide drivers doors ever made for these cars. A 36 has regular opening doors, making 1935 Master Chevys rare. Thomas is on Facebook every day and mostly all of his outstanding photos and videos are public.

Having suicide doors on his car gave Tom the idea to check out the Suicide Awareness Program. Suicide doors was a Bad Example???!!!!! Tom is now a supporter of this group, and the Rescue Dogs program as well. His 4 dogs are all rescued. He told me that Bobby Frey has 9 rescue dogs and Bunny Burkett also has some.

When we used to do the show on the Drag Racers Reunion site, Tom sent a ton of great music to me. Great bands that I’d never heard of, including Gonzalez music. Bad Example and Save Me are two of their best songs. In the graphic for Tom’s feature, he’s wearing the Frantic Ford T-Shirt that he wears to Island Dragway when he hangs out with Rocky Pirrone, Bobby Frey and our own Joe Morrison with a great volunteer group of racers. Tom told me that The nostalgia racing maybe the best racing today, and that being there to photograph this group and all the others may be more important than racing.

It’s a guy with an outlook like Tom’s that makes him special to us, and I was proud to feature him as our Racer of the Week. He personifies the spirit and the dynamics of a drag racing enthusiast, and we’ll continue to be a fan of his art, his passion and his style. Thanks for being with us, Tom.

We wish you good luck, safe racing and the best of times in the future!
Attachments
Thomas_Warren_Jan_21_2019_FB.jpg
Thomas_Warren_Jan_21_2019_FB.jpg (563.61KiB)Viewed 3597 times
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

Return to “Dangerous Bill's Cafe Noir”