Great Restaurant/ Bar

Here's where we go to kick back after the races with our pals. Pour a tall one, punch a few buttons on the jukebox, and relax...
WildcatOne
Re: Great Restaurant/ Bar

Postby WildcatOne » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:50 am

They're having Mardi Gras in Galveston...I went down there last night with the Pee Wee Bowen Band and played Club 21 downtown from 9:30-1:30 in a jam-packed, dancing mass of humanity. Pee Wee is a great guy and his band rocks the joint. I got to be good buddies with the horn section, who took me in like family. Big band, with a big sound. Earlier yesterday, the Citykings played at the end of the St. Arnold's Brewery tour...free beer...a couple of hundred people showed up. We performed the entire album live, and came back a few minutes later and did our club set, and the place was jumping. I ended up playing 3 full gigs with 2 bands in 3 cities in 24 hours. I got in at 3:45 this morning...I was seeing double. Fell asleep sitting here at the computer and spilled my drink in my lap. Gonna have to back off on the multiple bands and gigs until I can be sure I'll live through all of it...but the St. Arnold's gig was great...at first, me and Willie (he's our sound man) walked in and went "What the..." We thought it was going to kinda suck...I mean, it's a real brewery...what are WE doing in here? Next thing you know, there's a big crowd of people in there and they came to see US...this was all Scott's doin's...we played and they jumped...the brewery guys loved us, too. They told us we were the best band they ever had in there because we weren't too loud (we were VERY careful with that situation...concrete floors and stainless steel walls) and we played and sounded great (Willie's summary). We tried to force Willie to take money ($50) for running our sound and getting us a decent mix but he wouldn't take any money from us because I take him to and from all Shakedown and Freedom River gigs...Willie's a great guy...anyway, Club 21 reminded me of Dangerous Bill's Cafe Noir. I have the Sex, Drags & Rock 'n Roll sticker on my keyboard for all to see...life is good...WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:27 am

Wow John !...
What a 24 hour period !
Glad Y'all Rocked !...and the Peewee gig.......!!!!!! 8)

Dangerous'.....The City Kings.......Would be awesome !
www.wallybell.com

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:57 am

Great job, Cat! Glad to have you up here... the place wasn't right without ya! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:22 pm

8) i see a 2 drink minimum or a $5 cover charge in the near future

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:48 pm

I love it....
a tall gal exposed herself to me today at the bar :D :D :D 8)
www.wallybell.com

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:56 pm

:lol: i saw her out in the parking lot Wally,,,, she is 5 ft 9 but was putting on some heels :wink:

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:03 pm

:D :D

She mentioned meeting a handsome man from St. Louie
www.wallybell.com

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:12 am

:lol: yea i thought i was doing ok untill she spotted the fact that i had a twenty on the outside of a wad of ones :twisted:

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:21 pm

One thing i have noticed is the quality of the funiture... when one of the gals get up on the table to dance they are solid 8) no spilt drinks :wink:

Gator

Postby Gator » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:48 pm

Bill goes 1st cabin........ :D :D
www.wallybell.com

Return to “Dangerous Bill's Cafe Noir”