V-8 Two Sroke

From famous pros to weekend warriors, our friendly members will help answer your tech questions.
Lippy
V-8 Two Sroke

Postby Lippy » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:22 am

Just something I been thinking about, why I don't know, could a person convert a V-8 chev into a piston port two stroke? I realize the pan area would be pressurized too, and the ports would be in the cyls, flat head, ect.. just wondering. A four inch bore two stroke V-8 would have a rather distinct sound EH? Probably be a oil slobberin fool, but? :D
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:45 pm

complete with expansion chambers, Lippy?? :shock: :shock: .....Talk about "distinctive sound" :o :o :shock: .....
Would prolly be a neat deal 8)
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:46 pm

Billy, you could do away with the lifters, pushrods, keep the cam to drive the dist. Run it on alky to keep it cool at idle. No stock intake cause the intake ports would be in the lifter galley! If it would stay together, I bet it would rev like a.........well, two-stroke!!! Has anyone ever seen a blower on a wo-stroke besides a Detroit diesel? Hmmmmm, now a lightweight dragster chassis, aluminum block, heads, maybe on some percentage,Hmmmmmmmm. :D :twisted:

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:55 pm

"might" be worth looking into...if for no other reason than grins and giggles........."small" block....cnc machined billet lumynum....has potential (I think...but who am I to say :roll: )

would prolly snap the peg on a tach.....and it "might" be a tough combo to tailor a converter to......but then again....you could always hang a Lenco or a Liberty off the back of it....
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:44 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmm................... :twisted: :twisted: I may hafta open the Laaborritorry and whip up one!!! :lol: Injected of course!!!

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:30 am

But of Course :wink: :wink: ....(typed with an English accent....reminisent of those Grey Pue Pon commercials)
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:29 am

.... I used to envision a 7/8 scale funnycar.... 100 inch wb maybe 1300# with a chevy v-6 from the old nascar busch combo's... fun safe and light

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:54 am

.... I used to envision a 7/8 scale funnycar.... 100 inch wb maybe 1300# with a chevy v-6 from the old nascar busch combo's... fun safe and light
Glad you stopped the drugs Doc!!! If you ever mention V6 and race car again in here,,,,we may have to send 'The Boys" to visit you!! :lol: :wink:
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:19 am

Glad you stopped the drugs Doc!!! If you ever mention V6 and race car again in here,,,,we may have to send 'The Boys" to visit you!! :lol: :wink:
HAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!! Truthfully Jim, bet it would haul a**! :D :D Now if I could find a damaged aluminum block. Gonna be some serious welding on the ports Billy!, Grey Poupon, I like it!! Never could afford it,.. but I like it!! :lol:

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:30 am

.... no drugs just an aspirin a day.... alot of beer tho :lol: ..If you recall Rapid i did have a turtle shell deal but never got the chance to finish it :roll: ..the rules at Gateway would allow that combo in pro/et no electronics class..cheap to run and the car would fit in my den :wink:

Return to “Tech Questions”