elec pumps

From famous pros to weekend warriors, our friendly members will help answer your tech questions.
gary b
elec pumps

Postby gary b » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:54 pm

on electric fuel pumps with bilt in ajustable bypass can you run the return back to the intake side like we did on the mech ones ?? or does it have to go back to the tank. thanks gary b

gary b

Postby gary b » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:48 am

this must be a dumb ? anyone ever tried it? i wonder if if the fuel will loop and not pull from the tank? thanks gary

greenracing

Postby greenracing » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:35 am

I haven't had that many things with electric pumps on them... I would think it should work. If you figure that the pump doesn't know whether it's being driven by an electric motor or the camshaft, what works for one should work for the other.

SLICK VIC

Postby SLICK VIC » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:45 am

Electric pump saver......
http://www.vicmillerracing.com/
SMOLDERY SMOKEY BURNOUTS TO YOU ALL

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:45 am

Well, generally you want the electric pump to push. So it is mounted back at the tank anyway, it would be easy to just return to the tank. That is how I have always done mine. Not saying that is the correct or only way.

The other thing to consider is that an electric pump heats the fuel, and is cooled by the incoming fuel. So if you loop it, and run it a while you are sending hot fuel to the engine, and heating up the pump as well. JMO

Rapid
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

gary b

Postby gary b » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:06 pm

cooling the pump i never considered. put to big a radiator in i guess can't get another 10 line around it for the bypass. thanks randy and every one. back to the drawing board. gary b

Return to “Tech Questions”