Cemeting a Block...

From famous pros to weekend warriors, our friendly members will help answer your tech questions.
Leon

Postby Leon » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:11 am

Id just concrete the block,do the machine work and not run water.

Solid Rock

Postby Solid Rock » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:02 pm

I could be wrong, but I thought she was running S/C and brackets. If that is so, I would think that running water would be necessary, especially in the later rounds when they usually run back to back rounds.

Heather712SC

Postby Heather712SC » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:05 pm

As for the set up. I'm not sure what everything is. It is very true. The consistency issue was because my dad was having problems with the GORR computer we have, and the jets were incorrect. We finally got a lesson from Gorr himself on how to use the computer. There was a step I was completely missing when putting all the needed information in. So, more than likely, she'll be consistent on alcohol. But there is always is that option to talk to Elderly and get the injectors set back up to run on gas.

No, we don't have to run water. Some racers don't. But we'd rather be safe than sorry. It is true, in the later rounds, we barely will have time to get back into the lanes. NHRA is super pushy, as some of you know. My dad has always ran water, and I guess he is a creature of habit, and said water must be ran in the block.

Thanks for all the input. I greatly appreciate it! :D I'm meeting up with the crew this afternoon to do some bench racing and getting everything ready for rebuilding the engine. I'll bring up this issue and see what they have to say. Again, thanks!!
MY DRAGSTER AND CREW RUNS OFF ALCOHOL.

MY DRiNKiNG TEAM HAS A RACiNG PROBLEM...

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:10 am

Hi heather, I'm in no way trying to get your Dad to not run water, but, we have never ran water on alky. We were injected on alky in our dragster, I drove it back and let it idle a second at the trailer, you could lay your hand on the cyl heads after I got to the trailer. As soon as I got out of the throttle at the other end she cooled right down. If the mixture is right. Sometimes I had trouble getting temp in it at all on a cool day. I had to lean on the engine while staging to bring the temp up. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks, Lippy Image
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

Gator

Postby Gator » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:40 am

Id just concrete the block,do the machine work and not run water.
Yup..
Hard Blok...works great
www.wallybell.com

Heather712SC

Postby Heather712SC » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:21 pm

Thanks for all of the advice! I really, really appreciate it.

As for my dad and not running water... Not going to happen. He's super hard-headed and will never change his ways. I mentioned how another driver on our team has almost the same set up as us, and he doesn't run water. But he just tells me, "You must have forgot that's how I won a championship." I guess you can say, he lives in the past.
MY DRAGSTER AND CREW RUNS OFF ALCOHOL.

MY DRiNKiNG TEAM HAS A RACiNG PROBLEM...

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:56 pm

:roll: i will be at Gateway tomorrow and make a point to count radiators in the staging lanes... some of the S/P rear engine dragsters that compete at Gateway are very sucessfull all around the midwest.. just ask Bret !!...
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

Gator

Postby Gator » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:56 pm

Do what your Dad says! Heather
Water is fine
pour the hard blok up to the water opennings
www.wallybell.com

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:24 pm

Do what your Dad says! Heather
Water is fine
pour the hard blok up to the water opennings
yep thanks Mr.G.... that's what i remember of my heap... but i never went many rounds :oops:
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

Gator

Postby Gator » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:16 pm

you only need water at the cylinder heads
good fans will keep it cool.
www.wallybell.com

Return to “Tech Questions”