Inside Door Mirrors for Fiberglass Doors

From famous pros to weekend warriors, our friendly members will help answer your tech questions.
TurboDiverArt
Inside Door Mirrors for Fiberglass Doors

Postby TurboDiverArt » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:45 pm

Hey everyone.

Anyone know of any rear-view mirrors I can install on the inside of my fiberglass doors so I can see those pesky dragsters as they chase me down in the brackets? Sort of unnerving not knowing what's coming up behind you in the next lane. Even more unnerving is when turning off at the end of the track from the far lane of the turn-off and needing to cross your competitors lane and not knowing if he's turned off early or happens to be barreling down on you with failed brakes. Typically I'll get to the end of the track and sit there for a little while before starting my turnoff cause I can't see behind me without un-strapping. I'd like to have a set of mirrors that would allow me to see if someone is behind me. It's hard to see out the back lexan because of all the curves in the hatchback lexan when there is any sun glare. I think if I had a set of side door mirrors it would work out better. I know mounting them inside won't allow me to see all the way down the track but at least I'd be able to see if someone is close behind.

Anyone else got another solution? Don't say a backup camera, tried that, doesn't work. Too wide of an angle to judge distance. I did look for a pedestal mirror to mount to my dash but didn’t have any luck there other than one from a really old 50’s era car.

Art.
Art Paltz
230" Undercover, 468ci stock block, 7.840@170.14

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:07 pm

Hi Art. Nice to hear from you up here. Good luck with finding an answer. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

TurboDiverArt

Postby TurboDiverArt » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:18 am

Thanks Bill. I'm sure I'm not the only person with a glass car that wants to see behind them but doesn't want to have mirror's hanging off their car.
Art Paltz
230" Undercover, 468ci stock block, 7.840@170.14

Gator

Postby Gator » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:28 pm

oval track "wink" mirror...will do what you want.
www.wallybell.com

Return to “Tech Questions”