OK I have a question

From famous pros to weekend warriors, our friendly members will help answer your tech questions.
jim sanders
OK I have a question

Postby jim sanders » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:07 pm

:oops: after thinking about hood scoop designs in the Pro/stock genre regardless of cubic inches over the last 20 years what has been found that really helped in hp..

Gator

Postby Gator » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:37 pm

the p-51 shaped inlet
(like the one under the fighter plane inverted)
it helped
as do the oval inlets some are using
hp gains
www.wallybell.com

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:19 pm

Hey, Doc...question for you...that picture on the front page of Draglist, the one of Lou Patane's econo-funny car (C/EA)...didn't you have one of those? Similar in form but not identical? Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:29 am

:lol: yea WC... i had something like that beauty i've been staring at the last 36 hours.... mine was a heap of hand me downs bracket car :oops:

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:54 am

My brother and I always talked about getting a nice Econo Funny and learning the ropes, then eventually moving to blown alcohol... never got around to it. Maybe when the kids are in college... bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:56 pm

:cry: I WAS always 1 zero away from doing anything... if i had a hundred it cost a grand.....

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:44 am

ok new questions :roll: to be honest me and Don are quite baffeled with the Gator Gumbo John the Plumber car after yesterday-night laps..it was very cold , clear and dry at Gateway thats for sure.Idon't have any exact info of the conditions.. maybe if Bret reads this he could fill in the data here.the car was running it's best incrementals EVER and.2 tenths quicker to the 1320 than the norm even tho mph was down a couple from the norm.here is the only thing different about the car from last season.the fuel. Don had always bought his gas from the track. the 110 octane stuff whick i always thought was an unessessary expence for the low revving,low compression street type Olds motor..hey but it's his money so that's what he wanted to do... well this year "the gas" is $7 a gallon so he mixed a batch of 2 gallons of premium unleaded with 3 gallons of the 110 from the track and thats what we used yesterday.any comments welcome

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:57 pm

Just my two cents, only thing I can think of maybe car is a tad rich and the cold air brought it around a little. JMO Don't know how good the air really was ect... :)
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:12 pm

yea i totally agree Lippy.the jetting in the carb finnally matched the air for sure...Don doesn't like to mess with it...just a car that he has sitting untill raceday kind of deal..but after yesterday he seemed to want to get more into tuning it for conditions going foward. he could tell it was charging harder and felt more fun than just getting in high gear and waiting to get to the finish line :roll: i wish it wasn't so windy last night.Iam curious thou about burn rate or flame travel with the gas. if i can convince him to save more $$ on fuel costs maybee he will buy me a burger once in a while :lol:

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:19 pm

:lol: Hear ya on the burger deal! What compression is this engine?
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

Return to “Tech Questions”