Bruno Converter Drive Questions

From famous pros to weekend warriors, our friendly members will help answer your tech questions.
Maritime Drag Racing
Bruno Converter Drive Questions

Postby Maritime Drag Racing » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:29 pm

Anyone here have any information on these Bruno Converter Drives? http://www.brunosautomotive.com/brc.htm Are they reliable/tough? Are there any known issues? We have GOT TO get rid of that truck puller Crowerglide clutch in the dragster and we're really interested in one of those Bruno units since it looks like it will bolt up to our Lenco.

To us it looks like the perfect solution to all our problems and at only $4400 it would be money well spent but with our luck there has to be a catch. It all sounds too good to be true so we've got some questions maybe one of you can help us with - Do we need a "special" convertor? How do you work the thing? What effect does the adjustable pressure have on stall speed? How tough is the brake? Will it live in a blown alcohol car? I've posted this in a couple of other forums hoping someone can find some info for us...

Eric David Bru

Postby Eric David Bru » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:57 pm

Rapid Randy has experience with these, he ran one in the Nitro Madness.

EDB
Outlaw Eric :cool:

Leon

Postby Leon » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:08 pm

No, it is a lencodrive. Same difference. Scott still runs it.

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:22 pm

There are a LOT of guys using the Bruno set up...guys that make gobs of power....it should work just fine for the dragster application 8)
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

RH

Postby RH » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:38 pm

One of the local DC Outlaws guys has run a bruno glide for 2 seasons in both his blown 6.20 doorslammer and 5.90 Alky Dragster. He loves it and my buddy and trans shop owner Buck Proctor who services the cars raves about them and has run one in his blown altered..
Good luck.
RH
"I get pushed outa' shape and it's hard to steer, when I get rubber in all four gears"

Return to “Tech Questions”