Raw fuel questions...

From famous pros to weekend warriors, our friendly members will help answer your tech questions.
Leon

Postby Leon » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:43 pm

You guys are crazy!! And for your info Randy, Yes i was born and raised in calif,but lived and worked on the f/cs in Seattle.

Bob Kraemer

Postby Bob Kraemer » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:15 pm

Leon,
You may find this hard to believe but thanks for the complement. :lol:
Like I always say people don't have to wonder if I am crazy trust me I am. :lol:
Bob Kraemer

Certifiable Insanity

"Friends are quiet angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.''

Leon

Postby Leon » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:49 pm

Bob, i know you are a smart person,prob alot smarter than me.and yes i know if you hang around randy,youve got to be crazy LOL

Bob Kraemer

Postby Bob Kraemer » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:36 pm

Leon,
Thanks for the kind words. :)
But I never could have explained it as well as you did!!!!
I have never meet Rapid but after chatting with him on message boards I feel like I have known him for years. 8)
Are you a member at nitronetwork.com?
If not, join. Just a bunch of guys & gals swapping jabs, pokes, jokes, tech advice and having FUN!!!!!!! Just like here. :lol:
If you want to find out how crazy we really are read some of the posts over there.
You'll have no doubt then.

PS: Oh by the way if you find your surf board are you allowed back in California? :lol:
Bob Kraemer

Certifiable Insanity

"Friends are quiet angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.''

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:09 am

Nope,,,they saw him in shorts once on the beach,,,,it took them 3-weeks to get the ocean to send the waves there again :shock: ,,,,banned for life is the story I heard. Surfboard or no Surfboard!! :lol: :lol: :P :P :P
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:01 pm

guess I was too young to recieve my complimentary surfboard before I left (in '76)....but then again.....I was relocated from Tampa, FL (in '65)...so maybe I didn't qualify for one anyway :roll:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:12 pm

Didn't you get your little plastic alligator when you crossed the state line?? :lol:
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:15 pm

LOL...Had the real McCoy strapped to the roof of the Station Wagon.....Love me some Gator Tail....(and NO.....I ain't tryin' to be funny with Wally OR BEE.......Its great, battered and fried!!!!! 8) 8) )
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Gator

Postby Gator » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:53 am

On the burnout,their is no load on the engine,only rpms.When you have a dual pump built into 1 housing and putting out 95 gpm at 4000 rpms pump speed and no main jet altho they do have 1 side of the pump off on the burnout and until the car is ready to stage,it has to go somewhere.Since the faster the engine goes,the faster the pump goes,the blower isnt making much boost,so the engine is rich. Nowadays,the magnetos are putting out 44 amps of primary power and 950 millijoules of spark at the plug for 26 degrees of crankshaft rotation,each,they will relight as they arent on the throttle for over 3 or 4 seconds.

On a run everything is set for a max traction situation. When the tires start to loose traction,the load is taken off the engine and cannot burn all that is being pumped into the engine or the clutch is set too loose and this also takes the load off and cylinder go out and usually dont relight as its being flooded with fuel.Usually when a cylinder goes out,the rest of the cylinders go lean as they have to take up the slack of loosing 1000 hp and start to mix the fuel distribution in the engine.At this point,the engine says it needs to take a nap now.

When a driver has to pedal a car from either lack of traction or headed out of the groove,this also takes away load just like a burnout. Again,the fuel cannot be burned,so cylinders quit firing.
good post.
www.wallybell.com

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:42 am

i saw Leon was up and it reminded me to ask if someone could go into more detail on hat nozzle bodies with the hole drilled... thanks

Return to “Tech Questions”